GT5 Credit Grinding Guide

• Thread starter Dracolich
  • 103 comments
We should make a table with the following classifications: name of event/race, number of laps, amount of cash, amount of xp.
Much easier to make a choice :D

Ok i will try. :lol:

This is just what I have come up with, and if you all want to add to this please post and I will update. I know some of you are pro or 1337 so give me some slack on the times its around the times you should get. Like powaaa has suggested it would be nice to have a thread for the best way to gaining money. Im only lvl 22 so i havent gotten that far as to the american race as Mike712 has said brings good money.

All cars used are fully modified.

So here we go.

A-SPEC

Amature

HTML:
Race Name               Credits    XP        Championship    Time     Req LVL

Classic Muscle                               No                       8
1- Auto...Monza         12,140     1,030                     5-6m

Car used: 1969 Camaro Z28 RM, 550hp / 1085kg

Professional

HTML:

Supercar Festival                            No                       11
1- High Speed Ring      17,300     890                       3-4m
2- Daytona              17,300     739                       2-3m
3- Nürburgring GP/F    (not recommended for grinding)

British Lightweights                         No                       13
1- London               24,100     826                       2-3m     
2- Top Gear             24,100     1117                      3-4m

Lamborghini Exclusive                        No                       13
1- Rome                 24,100     1,102                     3-4m

Car used: 2009 Pagani Zonda R, 956hp / 1070kg
Car used: 2010 McLaren MP4-12C, 861hp / 1119kg
Car used: 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo, 760hp / 1230kg

Expert

HTML:

Turbo Challenge                              No                       17
1- High Speed Ring      36,000     1,651                     3-4m
2- Auto...Monza         36,000     2,654                     5-6m

Polyphony Digital Cup                        98,000                   19
1- Madrid Mini          32,670     2,434                     4-5m
2- Trial Mountian       32,670     4,293                     7-8m
3- Grand Valley         32,670     5,579                     9-10m

Total:                  98,010     12,306    196,010         20-22m

Car used: 2009 Chevy ZR1 RM, 895hp / 1100kg

Extreme

HTML:

Schwarzwald League B                         No                       20     
1- Capering            (not recommended for grinding)
2- Nürburgring Nord..   59,000     4,720                     7-8m

European Championship                        No                       22
1- Rome                 83,000     4,713                     5-6m     
2- Deep Forest          83,000     5,315                     6-7m
3- Auto...Monza         83,000     7,588                     8-9m

American Championship                        No                       23
1- Indy                 98,000     4,440                     3-4m

Car used: 2007 BMW M3, 580hp / 1343kg
Car used: 2009 Chevy ZR1 RM, 895hp / 1100kg

Last edited:
American Championship race at INDY. Worth a nice 98,000 Cr. and almost 4,500 xp. Or the like the wind race at INDY...worth 70,000Cr.

Yeah, i think those 2 are the best ones for sure. Only bad part that they need lvl 21 and 23 ( or was it 22 for American Championship ) to start with and a fast car. And they are very boring too, because it's ovals... maybe NASCAR fans will like it tho. >.<

for points the dream car indy is the best. Gives 9800 for 10laps. Using a minolta this takes under 7 minutes. Only gives ~70k credits though :(

For the best of both worlds the american indy is best i'd say.

can u guys race it and give me XP, credits (98000 ive seen u all say) and time it takes u. I will add it, sorry been doing b-spec more then a-spec recently but recently back acually racing. Thanx.

You should make two lists, one for A-Spec and one for B-Spec. Also a list for Special Events as they can give quite a good amount of exp/money.

You should make two lists, one for A-Spec and one for B-Spec. Also a list for Special Events as they can give quite a good amount of exp/money.

+1. Some special events are very short and give good money..can't remember specifis atm

Use the nascar on the extreme sieres>>American Championship>>Indy that you bought or got gifted for the special challenges.And adjust the gear settings to max tempo : 360km/h(224 mph) and u will do fine if your aviable to stear and leave the throttle sometimes.

Professional :

Supercar Festival

Keep doing the Superspeedway with your fastest car. Takes like 2 and a minutes to complete and you get $17,500 and 750xp

Ok i will try. :lol:

This is just what I have come up with, and if you all want to add to this please post and I will update.

Very nice! I was working on something similar using a spreadsheet to show Level, Track, Credits and XP points. Something like this...

Aspec_Credits_XP.jpg

Ill come up with one for B-Spec but it will take time. Only problem i have with B-spec is its slower, but makes sense as you can get into a fast race and do nothing if he doesnt screw up. Ill work on that. As for special events you really cant grind them so i dont think they are worth adding. This is for people who are grinding away for credits as fast as possible. Are any of the endurance races any good for this?

Thanx guys awsome ideas and help. :)

Nice post.

Good idea to add a B spec list too. And posibel use bigger fonts. its almost imposibel to read it now.

I'll agree that for Professional, the British Lightweights is the best credit earner... under 3 minutes, and easily done with a Mclaren F1 or any other british supercar under the required weight.

I'll agree that for Professional, the British Lightweights is the best credit earner... under 3 minutes, and easily done with a Mclaren F1 or any other british supercar under the required weight.

I will add it, thanx.

Nice post.

Good idea to add a B spec list too. And posibel use bigger fonts. its almost imposibel to read it now.

Ah i figured it out, fixed.

Last edited:
If you repeat the championship, I assume you get the championship credits as well? I.e. playing the Digital Cup championship nets you 200,000 each time? That would make it about the same credits/time as doing the high speed ring 7 times, but you get more XP, and it's less boring doing 3 separate races, than 7 of the same one.

I just did the Indy Grind to get from Level 27 to 28 XP needed means you need to do that Race 19.47 Times so lets call it 20 :lol:

so 20 x 5 mins with loading Equals 1 hours and 40 mins

20 x 98.000cr = 1,96000cr :lol: easy money

20 x 4400XP = 88.000XP

When you look at the Endurance Races Avialable at Level 27 It kinda makes you feel short changed (I do Like the Endurance Races though)

Grand Valley 300km's so Roughly 2 hours of Solid Drivng unless you Pause the Game . I think the XP is something like 100,000 though but the CR is Only 136.000 :grumpy:

Bit of a No Brainer isn't it :dunce:

Oh yeah I used the Ford GT LM RACE SPEC II Car at Indy I won that Car at the Dream Car Championship . so it cost me Nothing to Buy all i've done is Spent 36,000 CR On Soft Race Tyres .

Depending how Bored or Tired I was that Car would Win the Race by between 8-11 Seconds

Just Checked the Cars Mileage its sitting at 828.8 Miles

That works out too 19485CR Per Mile its Earned me :D which Totals too 16.133.580

Bit of a No Brainer isn't it

Once you hit lvl 25, you should have most all the cars you'd want, except maybe a Red F1 or 20 million dollar collectable. So money isn't an issue. The 60 lap race gives 113k exp, which is 26 times what the 5 lap indy gives. You'd be on the track for roughly 1 hour and 45 mins for either event. However, with the screen load times for the indy races it would take a heck of a lot longer than that! Plus Indy just plain gets boring. So if you're like me and are only working to lvl 30 to get that one last car, the endurance events are the way to go.

Once you hit lvl 25, you should have most all the cars you'd want, except maybe a Red F1 or 20 million dollar collectable. So money isn't an issue. The 60 lap race gives 113k exp, which is 26 times what the 5 lap indy gives. You'd be on the track for roughly 1 hour and 45 mins for either event. However, with the screen load times for the indy races it would take a heck of a lot longer than that! Plus Indy just plain gets boring. So if you're like me and are only working to lvl 30 to get that one last car, the endurance events are the way to go.

I'm now at Level 28 I've got 4 Days off work from Weds Morning so i'll be doing all the Avialable Endurance Races at my Current Level during those 4 Days theres Currently 3 of them , i'm hoping to hit level 30 on the 4th Day

Not too Worried about CR now as i've bought almost every car I Need for the Endurance Races and i've still got 7.3 Million CR in the Bank 👍

So its Level Up Time and the Endurance Races will do that :)

Back