The ultimate Zonda R '09 tune [UPDATE 7.12.10]

United States
United States
You'll also need to buy Chassis Reinforcement, High RPM turbo, soft racing tires along with Stage 3 engine
For some reason i thought you could RM this...o well
KEY:Red = Updated (Grip over speed). Black = Original (Speed over grip). Blue = Side notes.
Aero

30F//55R For other courses like Daytona road or suzuka just set it to max
  • 30-55 still keeps the initial ratio when you buy the car stock (math involved = ftl).
  • Using lower aero will increase speed, while increasing will increase manueverability. Obviously with Daytona (oval) and Indy, you want all the speed you can get. On the other hand, more demanding courses like suzuka would require max maneuverability
LSD
IT:5 Set in the 40's
A:12 Set in the 30's

B:5 Set in the 10's
  • I was being lazy as hell with the updated settings. I wanted it higher because sometimes I'd find my car occasionally mis-performing. For "B", Braking would kind of turn into an issue where the whole car would spin out. Now you can atleast slide into the turn if you want, or you can just grip through it
Trans

236 (maxes out @223) (minimum)
  • This is the optimum transmission setting for both set-ups. For high speed races you could set it higher due to drafting and an increase of speed from that
Suspension
RH:-30F//-30R
SR:18.0F//18.0R
D(E):7F//3R
D(C):5F//1R

ARB:2F//4R
  • Don't plan on touching these settings unless I totally feel like reworking it
Wheel Align
CA:1.4F//0R

TA:-0.15F/1.00R
  • Might be able to change these settings to turn it into a drift car
Brakes

5F//5R 10F//8R
  • Like i said, I kept spinning out when I would brake. With more power to the front it's a lot less likely it happens :D
No Racing assists turned on Traction control:7/ABS:10
  • Racing assists will kill speed, but for the grip re-tune I found the above settings great. It's possible to go lower with traction control, but I like 7
I'm starting to get recognized here :). Still, i don't think i'll make a dedicated thread for my tunes. I prefer individual threads because it's more concentrated (improvements/comments/feedback), and I prefer quality (one car/one thread) over quantity (multiples cars/one thread).
I've also tuned The McLaren F1 Stealth,Gallardo,and the GTR SpecV '09 (GT academy)

Last edited by a moderator:
This tune is indeed "Ultimate". Not only did it put me 6 secs ahead on daytona in Like the wind against the ridiculous le man cars, it works great for the zonda in general. i can actually drive it now. all you need to do is change gear ratios and ur set.
thanks man

Can't wait to try it. The Zonda is already a blast to drive but I knew it had more potential. They all have more potential at the hands of a skilled tuner. Thanks.

Why are you guys using the Zonda R for this race? You can beat the first one easily in a tuned Veyron and the second in a ZR1 w/ Race mods.

Why are you guys using the Zonda R for this race? You can beat the first one easily in a tuned Veyron and the second in a ZR1 w/ Race mods.

I drive the Zonda whenever I can because I love it to pieces... I would die before I drove a Veyron.. Most overrated supercar on the planet. Weighs as much as a dumptruck and has over 1000hp. Not very smart... The Zonda on the other hand, is the best production car (if you can call it that) in the game. The RM'd ZR-1 is pretty sweet though. I love my Zonda R.

I drive the Zonda whenever I can because I love it to pieces... I would die before I drove a Veyron.. Most overrated supercar on the planet. Weighs as much as a dumptruck and has over 1000hp. Not very smart... The Zonda on the other hand, is the best production car (if you can call it that) in the game. The RM'd ZR-1 is pretty sweet though. I love my Zonda R.

Well I would complete a race in my Veyron before re-doing races over and over to earn the money and level to buy the Zonda in order to do the Wind race.

But yea, looking forward to getting that car, looks amazing.

Well I would complete a race in my Veyron before re-doing races over and over to earn the money and level to buy the Zonda in order to do the Wind race.

But yea, looking forward to getting that car, looks amazing.

You win the Zonda R in b-spec lvl14 Gran Turismo World Championship.

what about in bspec where you have to run the hard racing tires? I tried the same setup with a little additional downforce w/o success. Any ideas?

Thanks Seoulspirit.

Don't know what most of the fuss was about before, whether x car is better than y and z. All I know is that the tunes made the Zonda more fun to drive than stock. Loving the Zonda at the moment so... yeah. ;)

Just one question if you don't mind. Does it change the engine note after adding the turbo. Planned on keeping the Zonda engine standard because of that glorious sound ?

I'm starting to get recognized here :). Still, i don't think i'll make a dedicated thread for my tunes. I prefer individual threads because it's more concentrated (improvements/comments/feedback), and I prefer quality (one car/one thread) over quantity (multiples cars/one thread).

Nice youre making tunes and sharing with everyone! 👍 👍

But what you say right here is the wrong method of thinking IMO. It's always better to have all your tunes in one thread for ease of searching... If you make single threads all the time it will become a HUGE mess over time. Take a look at some of the tuning garages that have opened like LDP and RKM. See how they do it and mimic that if you want to become successful with your tuning skills. Having everything in one thread has nothing to do with quality over quantity... It just keeps everything overseeable and the forum clean. So it might be good to rethink your tactics if you want to tune and share more in the future... 👍 Best of luck with everything!

Thanks to the OP - I used your tune as a baseline and adjusted it a little for my own preference and beat Like the Wind with it. Easier than using the Furai, IMO. Just needed to do a bit of blocking on the final straight at Indy. For Daytona, it was just a matter of getting to the front without any of the other cars spinning me out, then cruising from there (didn't manage to gap the field, but was never in any danger of being passed).

Now I have the Minolta race car :)

Off topic but has anyone driven the Ford GT40 LM Spec II Test car? The premium that was also in Prologue. If I remember correctly, it was a little unruly in GT5P. How is it in GT5? It looks completely badass and I really want one as long as it performs as much as it's asking price.

Yeah, I unfortunately found this out a few days ago after I'd already dropped 2.6 mill on it. Still worth every credit though.

This is why you should avoid buying expensive cars at all costs. You dont need them. You do need that Formula GT at a cool 4.8 million, plus 500k for the rebuild. So save those pennies and check the used cars often...

This is why you should avoid buying expensive cars at all costs. You dont need them. You do need that Formula GT at a cool 4.8 million, plus 500k for the rebuild. So save those pennies and check the used cars often...

I'm sure I'm missing out but I avoid used cars like the heel on a loaf of bread. I'm faster from inside the cockpit as that's how I've raced for years on console and PC racing sims. Any other view just seems foreign and I'm usually pretty angry when I'm forced to race standards. The thought of spending 5 million on that standard F1GT car really chafes my testicles... I was saving for the F12007 until I discovered it wasn't playable in A-Spec at all.

I love my multi-million credit, premium, purpose built race cars though.

Back