Level 21 Nascar series B spec Help

• Thread starter d0cSm1l3Y
  • 60 comments
Which track are you having trouble with? I've only done Indy so far (well, I'm doing Indy currently).

My car is up on HP since it's broken in and had an oil change. Somewhere around 886 or something, which is 36 HP over stock and shouldn't be possible in NASCAR, but whatever.

My guy is leading by 10 seconds about halfway through the Indy race. All I did was bump the downforce up to about 33/55 I think, and then drop the transmission down so the top speed (listed) was 211 or thereabouts.

Put him on full red (always full red for any oval track) and let him go to town. Looks like my tires will last the race, but not by a whole lot.

I think I figured it out. just basically put it back to stock (was custom tuned) and he's flyin. Yeah the Camry I Got has like 50 extra horses over the rest and now is doin fine.

No amount of tuning I've done to my car has helped any in this championship. I can't get past 10th place in Indy.

My driver just plain drives like a pansy. He let's all the other cars bash him from the rear, but if he even gets remotely close to the back of another car he slams the brakes.

I tell him to over take and he swings out... starts to pass... when the other car gets to about half a length in front of him, my driver let's off the gas for about a quarter second. Then he floors it again, almost passes, but then the corner comes up and he slams the brakes and slides in behind the car he was passing. Meanwhile the car that was drafting my car takes the inside corner and overtakes us both.

It's getting to the point to where I just don't think I'll play this round because my driver just keeps letting off the gas and braking when it's not needed.

My guy golded everything easily except daytona. That race shows perfectly how screwed up the AI is and how bad the draft effect still is.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say "yeah, my b-spec guy won at Daytona." I'm starting to think it's impossible... they just let off and or brake when it's totally unnecessary. I honestly think there's something screwed up in the code, it's like the AI thinks it's riding on tires a few grades lower than it is, and is compensating for a non-existent lack of grip.

I came 2nd at daytona by about .1 sec, but after about 7 laps he had about a quarter of a lap lead.. how does he get so far infront all the time and then let everyone catch him? I didn't tell him to slow down once

That's NASCAR. A car out in front will not last by himself. The "pack" will catch up. I used to follow NASCAR til Dale Earnhardt died. Now I could care less with all the business that's involved.

Those who won this series. What level was your driver?

I was struggling with the B-spec Nascars like many others but after finding the correct settings the races become doable. I used settings that Sirtokealot and DEADLIST used and with some tweaks to them I managed to clear the series with all golds (I used a lvl 18 driver around 60%hot).

Try to experiment with increase pace instead of overtake command if you are having difficulties in overtaking. Increase pace sometimes forces the driver to choose aggressive driving lines and may help with overtaking the opponent earlier...

Here are my settings for the 5 races, remember to change the oil to get an HP edge over the opponents.

Race 1: Superspeedway
downforce 35/50
gears: 380 km/h
lsd: 60/60/15
ride height: 15/-15
springs: 18.5/18.5
dampers front: 8/4
dampers rear: 8/4
anti roll bars: 4/4
camber: 2.0/1.0
toe: default
brakes: 1/0

Not much tactics here...I just spammed increase pace with occasional overtake command until I was first and then it was just a matter of keeping the pace up.

Race 2: Grand Valley
downforce 50/70
gears: 320 km/h
ride height: -30/-30

Hardest race for me as getting in front was difficult and rear tyres started to lose grip quite fast due to oversteer. High downforce was useful and made overtaking easier for my driver. Try to get to 1st place as soon as possible and then maintain pace around middle bar to avoid wheelspin in the corners.

Race 3: High Speed Ring
downforce 50/70
gears: 350 km/h

My driver took the lead on lap 6 after many overtake commands :P but after that the race was easy, just keep a steady pace and a win should be in the bag. I also noticed that my driver always understeered hard on the first fast lefthander, dont know if my setup caused it or low driver lvl because the rest of the competition took a much better line through that corner.

Race 4: Laguna Seca
downforce 50/70
gears: 280 km/h

Keys here are short gearing and high downforce... the race becomes smooth sailing after you get in front, just remember to keep some pace up

Race 5: Daytona Oval
downforce 35/50

This race was a nightmare before I found good setup for the car. These settings helped Bob to floor it properly and the race should go much easier.

i just tested your tune in A-Spec as well.
golded, rather easily, every race but Daytona.

that's not to say it's not a good tune you have for Daytona. but in Lap 3, coming up on the start/finish line for Lap 4, i was sideswiped by Earnhardt Jr into another car, my tail to this other car's nose. instant Pit Maneuver. i got behind and had no chance of catching them. lost a second per lap, and was a second slower around the track than i was before i got pitted and ran away from.

excellent tunes for A-Spec though.
will eventually retry Daytona to see how it works without a tag-team butt whooping.

downforce 50/70

Hardest race for me as getting in front was difficult and rear tyres started to lose grip quite fast due to oversteer. High downforce was useful and made overtaking easier for my driver. Try to get to 1st place as soon as possible and then maintain pace around middle bar to avoid wheelspin in the corners.

downforce 50/70

My driver took the lead on lap 6 after many overtake commands :P but after that the race was easy, just keep a steady pace and a win should be in the bag. I also noticed that my driver always understeered hard on the first fast lefthander, dont know if my setup caused it or low driver lvl because the rest of the competition took a much better line through that corner.

These worked fine, cept for these 2. I could get NO higher than 3rd on Grand Valley, GEEZ, thats a rough one....and on ring, the under-steer on the left-hander, ALMOST cost me first place several times!

GREAT tunes all in all, if we could fine tune RING, and Grand Valley...would be awesome, great work man!

i just tested your tune in A-Spec as well.
golded, rather easily, every race but Daytona.

that's not to say it's not a good tune you have for Daytona. but in Lap 3, coming up on the start/finish line for Lap 4, i was sideswiped by Earnhardt Jr into another car, my tail to this other car's nose. instant Pit Maneuver. i got behind and had no chance of catching them. lost a second per lap, and was a second slower around the track than i was before i got pitted and ran away from.

excellent tunes for A-Spec though.
will eventually retry Daytona to see how it works without a tag-team butt whooping.

JR drives dirty on me too!!! and Denny Hamlin too...

my free Fusion NASCAR has 879hp and these settings got me gold on every race. The key is to spam overtake constantly until 1st place. Literally don't stop pressing X. Ever. Until you're in 1st. Then let it go down to the middle and maintain pace the rest of the race. Kudos for the settings!

Make sure you purchase Chassis Reinforcement for 20k. That probably helped a lot too.

I should've known the prize car would be garbage.

Last edited:
Good tuning for race 1 (can't comment on the rest yet), but in the 2nd race my tires had been competely shredded by lap 2. I just quit that race completely when I came back & I was last with other cars not on the map anymore. Could the 1/0 brake balance have something to do with it? I put it back to 5/5 default for the 3rd race and am currently in the lead on lap 5.

Keys to this for me was to keep everything stock except downforce which i set to lowest and break balance was set to 0/0 (Indy anyway). The rest of the races it's really a matter of just babysitting. Tell him to overtake on the straights and leave him alone the rest of the track. Worked for me..

well i would just like to say thanks i got gold on everything apart from grand valley which i came 8th and thats after i had to pit for tyres on the 6th lap

so many thanks

I completed the Championship in B-spec with the excellent settings of Vash666.

The only thing I could add is that, for A-spec, ABS should be set to 1 in races except for Indy and Daytona.

The final round of Daytona in A-spec was exceptionally memorable for me. I won three trophies - one for rolling over upside down, another for the human stopwatch, and of course the Championship Trophy itself. My Juan Pablo Montoya #42 Impala must have barrel rolled a dozen times! Another amazing thing is, it sustained no more damage than it had entering the race, a measly cr.350,000 according to GT Auto estimates.

Edit:
Seems that most folks that use Vash's settings are happy, and I did try mine in A-spec a tiny bit and it was kinda rubbish, use his settings unless you run into trouble is my suggestion :)
End edit.

Gonna post my setup for all those lazy guys like me who want a cookie cutter setup.

I tested this setup with my really cool lvl 28 Bob and he won all races except race 4, laguna seca,
with bad oil in the car and I did NOT say one command to him once.

I have to say that it itched a bit in my fingers sometimes when the pack caught up with him or when he really should try overtaking...

Aero dynamics: 45/45

LSD
IT: 50
AS: 50
BS:30

Suspension
RH: -30/-30
SR: 18.5/18.5
DE: 7/7
DC: 5/5
AR: 5/5

Race 1
Transmission: 236 mph
The car had 852hp and won, I did not give one command to the driver during the race and the pack caught up with him but didn't manage to overtake.

Race 2
Transmission: 217 mph
The car had 850hp and the driver was in the red almost all the race and managed to win by overtaking the last car in the finish line, won with 0.008 second, I did not give one command to the driver.

Race 3
Transmission: 211mph
The car had 855hp and skidded quite a bit in the first corner, the pack caught up with him a few times but couldn't overtake. I did not give one command to the driver. Won with a few seconds.

Race 4
Transmission: 174mph
The car had 850hp and finished in 4th place, I did not give one command to the driver and I really think he would have won if I had. I think I can improve settings though so he'll win without me giving commands.

Race 5
Ride Hight: -15/-30
Transmission: 236
I tried winning with only changing transmission and couldn't do it so I changed oil so the car had 892hp but he still couldn't make it but when I raised the front to -15 and he won,
the pack caught up with him a few times and even overtook him but he won.

Note that this surely isn't the best setup for each track.
It's a setup where you should be able to win with as little amount of tuning as possible. I think at least.

Anyway the setup seems to shred the tires somewhat but well, it's not that bad, but if anyone got some Ideas how to improve it please say so :-)

Take care out there folks!
/Wabb:)

Last edited:
The trick to GV is to get into the lead and then pace down until the meter is in the middle. I have won GV a couple times for grinding. I pace down all the time to calm my driver down then overtake on the straight away.

I'm glad to see the settings are also working for others. :) I haven't tested them yet on A-spec NASCARs but seems they will do just fine. As for the understeer on high speed ring I suspect the LSD setup is too strong there, need to test that one out...

Dotini: Three trophies in one race, that must have been fun... how did you get that roll over trophy? I haven't seen any roll overs yet (lvl 22 a-spec) but haven't really been trying to get one though.

Well I gotta try your settings when I get home today Vash!
Anyway, I suspect that the understeer on High speed ring may be caused by to low ride hight.

Lets see who's right! :-)

Mines 892 BHP which is just plain stupid. There is no way breaking in of an engine and a simple oil change can miraculously give you 42 extra bhp but oh well. I will take it :)

I was struggling with the B-spec Nascars like many others but after finding the correct settings the races become doable. I used settings that Sirtokealot and DEADLIST used and with some tweaks to them I managed to clear the series with all golds (I used a lvl 18 driver around 60%hot).

Try to experiment with increase pace instead of overtake command if you are having difficulties in overtaking. Increase pace sometimes forces the driver to choose aggressive driving lines and may help with overtaking the opponent earlier...

Here are my settings for the 5 races, remember to change the oil to get an HP edge over the opponents.

Race 1: Superspeedway
downforce 35/50

Not much tactics here...I just spammed increase pace with occasional overtake command until I was first and then it was just a matter of keeping the pace up.

downforce 50/70

downforce 50/70

Race 4: Laguna Seca
downforce 50/70
gears: 280 km/h

Keys here are short gearing and high downforce... the race becomes smooth sailing after you get in front, just remember to keep some pace up

Race 5: Daytona Oval
downforce 35/50

This race was a nightmare before I found good setup for the car. These settings helped Bob to floor it properly and the race should go much easier.

Great setup Vash! I used them last night to gold 4 of the 5 races (failed bad on Grand Valley). I am understanding GT5 car setups a lot better now, thanks to the excellent tuners on this board. I really appreciate you sharing these with us! I'm going to try my luck on Grand Valley some more today.

Back