Historic Car Cup Toyota 7 Race Car Coted'azur winning setup

• Thread starter Bobtehblob
  • 105 comments
Australia
Perth, WA
Bobtehblob
Here is the setup I used to win this terribly frustrating B-spec race hope it helps :)

Car: Toyota 7 Race Car '70

Aerodynamics: Front 60 Rear 85
Turbo Kits: High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Transmission: 260kmh Top speed
Suspension:
1.Height: -30mm Front and Rear
2.Dampers (Extension): 10 Front and Rear
3.Dampers (Compression): 9 Front and Rear
Wheel Alignment: Camper Angle: 1.5 Front and Rear

That's the setup I used to win and anything not mentioned was left default or unchanged. This setup worked first try for me all though there's no guarantees it will work for you sorry. My B-Spec driver was level 21 at the time.

I beat this race with my 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T that I race modded, and then fully upgraded with racing softs. Did both of the HCC races first try gold. Just sped to the front, cut the Chapparal 2J off and stayed in front from then on.

I need to get myself that car though, it weighs half my Challenger.

I beat this race with my 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T that I race modded, and then fully upgraded with racing softs. Did both of the HCC races first try gold. Just sped to the front, cut the Chapparal 2J off and stayed in front from then on.

Don't bother buying it though it's a prize car from wining gold on both the like the wind races in the next tier :)

This is about the B-Spec version of the race. I doubt bob's going to win it in the Challenger. Plus you can't use "RACING SOFT" in B-Spec version of this race.

I won it in the '69 Camaro Race Modded and tuned. My bob failed using the Camaro so I put him in the Toyota 7 and he finally won it.

Weird setup for my Toyota 7 Race Car but it worked on B-Spec and 2 more times right after to make sure. But it works well. after bb takes first you need to let him cool down and keep him near the middle of the stress bar. Should be gravy! Goodluck

Downforce: F:60 R:85
Turbo: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit (Stage 2)
LSD: IT=30 , AS= 55 , BS=30
Transmission: 224mph top speed
Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Dampers ext and comp both= 10/10/
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7
Camber: F= 7.0, R= 0.0
Toe: F= -0.10 / R= 0.15
Brakes: F=9 / R=8

Weird setup for my Toyota 7 Race Car but it worked on B-Spec and 2 more times right after to make sure. But it works well. after bb takes first you need to let him cool down and keep him near the middle of the stress bar. Should be gravy! Goodluck

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

After many race on that with 6 different tune, my b-spec can't beat this at all! After try with your tune, I got it first place, even HUGE crash got me from 2nd to 7th. Thank you very much! Now i'm off to search for Nascar for B-spec.

Just tried both setups. Unfourtunately neither worked although I did manage a 6th with the later one vs a 9 with the first.

My best b spec driver is only 18 though, so I guess I'll have to come back for another go once he is leveled up later on :)

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

Well I tried it with my second best B spec driver, a level 28 who was "up". It duplicated my best efforts, 2nd place on Cote d'Azur by 1 and a half seconds to the GD vacuum car. Man, I hate that car! lol. I have to ask...how did you come up with these settings? I don't know jack about the adjustments, for the most part, just a little of the basics. Was there a reason for the adjustments? Anyway, going to try with my best driver, a level 30 next.

Second attempt with level 30 driver. He hits the guard rail 3 different times trying to pass. He did get to second place by lap 3. Lost by .2044 sec. :banghead: I am going to swap the mid to high turbo. What can it hurt. He is passing in the straight aways, might help, can't hurt.

Third attempt with the High Turbo was a charm! My guy pulled ahead after the long stretch at the beginning of the last lap and stayed there. Got the old Alpha Romeo!!! THANKS

Here is the setup I used to win this terribly frustrating B-spec race hope it helps :)

Car: Toyota 7 Race Car '70

Aerodynamics: Front 60 Rear 85
Turbo Kits: High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Transmission: 260kmh Top speed
Suspension:
1.Height: -30mm Front and Rear
2.Dampers (Extension): 10 Front and Rear
3.Dampers (Compression): 9 Front and Rear
Wheel Alignment: Camper Angle: 1.5 Front and Rear

That's the setup I used to win and anything not mentioned was left default or unchanged. This setup worked first try for me all though there's no guarantees it will work for you sorry. My B-Spec driver was level 21 at the time.

As I stated in another thread, this was the setup that allowed me to finally win this race, & win it by 15 seconds. My driver fell back to 9th-10th immediately, but I stuck with it & took the lead on lap 6, then pulled away.

Second attempt with level 30 driver. He hits the guard rail 3 different times trying to pass. He did get to second place by lap 3. Lost by .2044 sec. :banghead: I am going to swap the mid to high turbo. What can it hurt. He is passing in the straight aways, might help, can't hurt.

Happen to me too, that why you need to pace down at that corner to keep him behind AI, not to pass AI and end up hitting that Guard rail.

I just pass this one as i told early (post few up), normally i do is keep him (bob) in middle, but just right after starting line - turned right, by that turn, pace up, i've be able to pass 1 car a time.. again, make sure 2J behind you, i just got lucky enter the race where only 1 2J and starting LAST.

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

Definitely a good set up. With some good coaching, I was able to get first on lap 6, trailing the 2j; and won the race. The 2j ended up crashing in the last corner, but still managed second. My b-Spec driver is lvl 18.

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

I love you...

Took forever trying out other methods but I used yours and on my first try I won by .2## seconds. I had a taste of the lead on the 4th lap where I got 1st and went nose to nose with the 2J but he pulled ahead. He hit a corner and I took 1st on lap 8.

Happen to me too, that why you need to pace down at that corner to keep him behind AI, not to pass AI and end up hitting that Guard rail.

I just pass this one as i told early (post few up), normally i do is keep him (bob) in middle, but just right after starting line - turned right, by that turn, pace up, i've be able to pass 1 car a time.. again, make sure 2J behind you, i just got lucky enter the race where only 1 2J and starting LAST.

Yep coaching is the key. But you know, sometimes you are locked in and sometimes he does it on his own. Bad Bob. Bad. Glad its behind me. 👍

used your setup as well, except i toned the Transmission down to 193mph.
on Cote d'Azure, there's not much sense in high speed because you're never gonna see it. i didn't really get close to the top speed with this transmission setup, so you could probably take it closer for better acceleration.

as far as coaching B.Petersen, i let him race his race his way except for the strategic "Overtake" press just when he usually brakes because there's a car in front of him. takes some timing to get down to find his spacing, but if you can get it, he won't brake at those inopportune times (and similarly, if you time it right, you can hit the "Pace Up" icon at those random straight-away brake points, as well, and he'll bypass stupid braking).

anyway, i won by 9.1xx seconds.
after i got the lead (on the 6th lap), i kept him just a touch below half on his lazy/crazy meter.

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

This worked out perfect for me, thank you so much 👍

First run i got silver, second gold. It just takes a little management, but when you get the first place its yours :) I had so much trouble with this race, until now! :)

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

Great Job! 👍👍 This is the best setup for my BoB! He was a level 16 on the hot side. He drove right through the pack and passed the 2J on lap 8 for the win with a 3.56 sec lead! Thanks a bunch! I tried all the other setups but this was the winner. In fact I enjoyed it so much I kept the replay and I am going to do this race again... :):)

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

Thanks a lot man, won by 4.5 seconds!

I still can't win this. I keep trying but nothing. Even with Bob on level 26 he still can't win. Whenever there's a pile of cars in one corner, instead of going around them, he crashes them. then he puts it in reverse while others go around him. A little frustrating.

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

Used this set up too, but used the high RPM turbo, told Bob (level 21) to increase pace on the straights, decrease entering the tunnel and took 1st on the first hairpin on the last lap to romp home past the 2J. Great setup, much kudos to you sir.

Just done this race with that set up and managed to win it on the last lap!

Not worth the reward but feel alot better now i've got Bob to finish another series!

Now to make him win the Nascar events...

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

At first I tried the OP setup, luckily the 2J car crashed and went to the back but my Bob kept on crashing when he went to try and overtake 1st place Ferrari 330/P4 and went back to 6th. Twice in the race I went back into 2nd from 6th but always crashed when going for the overtake. I then tried your setup but with the high-range turbo. Bob was struggling to keep up as well as before and lost too many places at the start. So I decided to buy the mid-range turbo and it worked the magic. The 2J race car had a small crash but still my Bob lived up to its surname.

5x94wl.jpg

My level 23 Bob can win almost everything but it seems that this race is his nemesis.
The main problem for me is the start, where Bob is so incredibly slow that he actually loses his position and starts 10th at first corner. After that it's just luck: if the 2J crashes he might be able to get in the front in the next 5-6 laps, otherwise the result is always 2nd. He can't overtake the 2J no matter what.
I'll be trying again... :ouch:

I cannot describe how much I hate B-Spec. Watching this incompetent driver is so painful,screaming at him "no, don't drive straight in to that mass of cars, there is a huge gap to the left to allow you to overtake all of them at breakneck speed!".

Level 19 driver with these setups at Monaco, half hot driver with an upwards blue arrow, and he can't do anything. Plus I cant really figure out how to get him to overtake or do anything lol!

I cannot describe how much I hate B-Spec. Watching this incompetent driver is so painful,screaming at him "no, don't drive straight in to that mass of cars, there is a huge gap to the left to allow you to overtake all of them at breakneck speed!".

Level 19 driver with these setups at Monaco, half hot driver with an upwards blue arrow, and he can't do anything. Plus I cant really figure out how to get him to overtake or do anything lol!

EXACTLY the same problem here. My Bob is level 24 and you'd think this is peanuts for him but nooooo.... When the race starts, he's polite enough to let the other cars get in front of him, like he's saying "hey man I don't have to win, you take my spot please." And yeah, I'm also screaming things like "WTF MAN....there's a gap RIGHT in front of you!" but he still manages to crash right into the pile. People that say B-spec is fun and tell me reasons like "yeah but maybe you're too lazy and should coach Bob more" NO...I coach him every time and unless he's got a car that has twice the power of his opponents, he keeps biting the dust.

Thank you! The second tune in this thread allowed my level 20 Bob, N. Cross, to take the lead from a Chapparel 2D with two laps to go. I was starting to think I was never going to get this race won!

Back