Duplicating cars with backup game data?

• Thread starter rizzoF5
  • 192 comments
rizzoF5
What's stopping anyone from getting multiple cars?

Create fake PSN
Backup game data
Gift Formula GT to fake PSN
Delete game data
Restore game data
Use fake PSN to gift Formula GT back to yourself
Two Formula GTs

Still going to run into the one-per-day limit just like the bd exploit.

Reasons like this that the backup wasnt included in the first place

Amazes me how many people are sooooooooo concerned about how many cars others have or how they get them. If it offends your sense of "fairness" or "honor" then don't do it.

Now that we can win money and xp from online races I probably wont bother with these tricks, but it certainly doesn't affect me in the slightest if others do.

surely PD has thought about this potential glitch, but I don't know how backup save data would work otherwise.

Unless they assign a code (like a GUID) to every car that's bought so that you can't have two cars with the same code in one garage

Man I hope this works. Legit players can just still play legit, but for me having my favorite cars to race with my friends online is what this game is all about. I hate the gt5 grind, and I would download a 100% save game in a heartbeat if it meant I could easily drive all my favorite JDM cars. Most adults just don't have the time to spend hours a day to grind so that in a half year they might have a fraction of the cars they want. The only thing I could really see this hurting is the trading, but that place looks more like a magic card gathering now a days than a place for car lovers. No offense to people that like magic cards.

It just amazes me the extremes that people go to cheat a game instead of just playing it the correct way..........:odd:

Wait six years for a game to come out and then cheat... lol I guess a new call of warcraft will be out soon so people have to 'beat' the game by any means possible

it's all speculation though - no one has actually confirmed it as working

and heck, even if they do assign a code for every car you bought so you can't have two of the same cars in your garage, you can probably sell the original 1st before gifting back to yourself from fake PSN - free money

no obvious way around this unless PD gets rid of this feature

This might be interesting. I never used the birthday exploit because it envolved PSN rule-braking but this I couldn't care less.

I have a Chaparral 2J in my gamesave that doesn't belong to me, a friend loaned it so I could do a few races I needed with that car.

So, if ...

1 - I save my game
2 - Only then give the car back to its owner as I'm supposed to do
3 - After he got his car back I restore my game save

Will I keep a clone of my friend's car with me?

OK, loading copied save. Wait a minute.

It worked. I duplicated the car. Duplication works when you use the same PS3 account.

*please don't work...please don't work...it will destroy the economy of the game...

Untrue. You still have to get the car in the first place. I myself probably never would have started trading if it were not for the birthday exploit.

Think about it...all of the car trading is meaningless now...everyone will have every car...just ruins a major portion of the game that was fun :indiff:

I enjoyed the trading aspect of the forums and such...all pointless now.

If you want proof against that, offer me a Viper GTS-R Team Oreca.

Untrue. You still have to get the car in the first place. I myself probably never would have started trading if it were not for the birthday exploit.

It is true, people are already asking to "borrow" cars for this exploit...and since it does not matter if the car is every returned...the "loaner" has nothing to lose...he just restores a file to get his car back. :yuck:

If you want proof against that, offer me a Viper GTS-R Team Oreca.

You don't get it, I have nothing to lose by sending you the car...I just restore my file and I get it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't get it, I have nothing to lose by sending you the car...I just restore my file and I get it back.

But you would gain whatever I trade with you.

This exploit doesn't change the fact that I don't have an Oreca Viper, and it doesn't change that I'm willing to trade for it.

But you would gain whatever I trade with you.

This exploit doesn't change the fact that I don't have an Oreca Viper, and it doesn't change that I'm willing to trade for it.

All you need to do is find someone with it and have them send it to you....I already have an X1 on the way to me for Wednesday...my point exactly...just took one PM asking a friend to send me his X1 and all he does is a restore to get it back.

This "patch" broke trading....

All you need to do is find someone with it and have them send it to you....I already have an X1 on the way to me for Wednesday...my point exactly...just took one PM asking a friend to send me his X1 and all he does is a restore to get it back.

This "patch" broke trading....

If someone lets me duplicate it, I will. If not, I'll trade. I don't care (though I prefer the latter for safety reasons, read on) as either way, I'll get the car I want. Also, by trading, I make sure that there are no risks invovled for the person I'm trading with. I always send my car first. If I attempted duplication, there is always the small chance that something goes wrong and the car is deleted.

so I can send with birthday glitch for example 20 tickets to my account, than backup and than open the tickets? if my car not there, start again...

If someone lets me duplicate it, I will. If not, I'll trade. I don't care (though I prefer the latter for safety reasons, read on) as either way, I'll get the car I want. Also, by trading, I make sure that there are no risks invovled for the person I'm trading with. I always send my car first. If I attempted duplication, there is always the small chance that something goes wrong and the car is deleted.

lol, you're still missing the point...people will trade an X1 to get the Corvette Race Car because they like it and they will still have their X1...that's the point, the value of a hard to get car is 0 now...simple Business 101 - Supply vs Demand and the supply just became unlimited...so values will drop.

and there is no risk to trading anymore...

Back