Online Physics vs GT Physics

• Thread starter KatRyder
  • 7 comments
KatRyder
I have been seeing post's about Online Physics. Why are there differences in online and in GT? Do the physics change as you level up in GT?

The physics seem more arcade like in GT5, in prologue the professional physics seemed harder than in GT5.

I am at level 19.

I didn't try out online racing until I was Level 31, but from what I can tell, it feels more or less the same. Tires felt the same, and all that. If mechanical damage was involved and someone whacked you -- or you kissed a wall -- then there will be some handling issues, depending on where contact was made.

I only raced a little bit online. What I found weird was that it had tire wear while I've never seen any in single player. I'm still lvl 21 though. Hopefully endurance races will have tire wear.

When I set up a lounge last night to do some time trials with a buddy I noticed there was a option to adjust the race quality. I also have noticed that my cars behave differently when racing online. Would that be the reason possibly? It feels like there are different physics or something.

I think we could crank up the race quality if it is based on bandwidth for 12 players. There are usually only 3-4 of us and we all have solid connections. There shouldn't be a problem with that, right?

I didn't try out online racing until I was Level 31, but from what I can tell, it feels more or less the same. Tires felt the same, and all that. If mechanical damage was involved and someone whacked you -- or you kissed a wall -- then there will be some handling issues, depending on where contact was made.

Are you serious? Take a car out in arcade mode, like the Art Morrison Corvette in both GT5 and Prologue and feel nothing alike as far as physics go. Prologue feels like your on skates, GT5 more connected to the road

It's clear to me the second post is on about offline and online in GT5. Read the thread title and first and second post again.

Back