Alfa Romeo Guilia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 '65; my first full tune!

• Thread starter toweliieee
  • 8 comments
rogerhendry@telus.net
I am a long term GT junkie, and got a wheel last summer in anticipation of GT5 finally coming out. A couple of months of wheel practice with Grid got old pretty fast; I am waiting for surgery and have too much time on my hands for this sort of thing...

I am 95+% through the game, and have gotten more and more interested in chassis tuning (you can only buy so many new cars) to the point where tuning and testing seems to take up most of my gaming time. While I think about it, apologies to victims of a few of my failures on the internet :D

Anyway I was sorting out my garage and came across this pretty little Italian toy. From a tuning perspective, at 165HP/620KG on race tires was intriguing so I took it for a drive. A few laps around HSR in the stock configuration provided some of the greatest fun I've had in this game. There are a couple of turbo options available, but there didn't seem to be any point to adding this for its own sake, and it could well ruin the balance of the car. Same for the stiffening; this chassis won't get badly twisted so it shouldn't help.

I basically lowered and stiffened the suspension a bit, and did the standard trickery to optimize tracking and turn in. This car didn't need any improving, it was a gas out of the showroom, but the tune below did take almost a second a lap off at HSR on RS tires.

Here it is:

Alfa Romeo Guilia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 '65

Aero: 15/30
Top Speed: 162MPH
LSD: 10/26/11
Ht.: -26/-23
Spring Rate: 8.0/7.2
D/E: 8/8
D/C: 8/8
Anti Roll: 6/6
CA: 2.4/1.8
TA: -0.04/0.00
Brake Bal.: 6/5

Love to get feedback on this and maybe meet online for a race!

Cheers,

Toweliieee

I should be acquiring this car via trade over the weekend. You better believe I'm gonna stop back here and test what you've done!

For the record: Which track did you do your testing on? EDIT: Nevermind, HSR ;)

:cheers:

<---- There's my PSN, you can add me and I'll race Giulia `65s with you some time!

Either I don't know what I'm doing (probably) or you didn't show up on the database; I'm new at this and haven't added a friend yet.

Any help?

On Playstation Network (from your PS3), xvillainx12. Make sure you put "a" before "i"!

I have my own Giulia GTA (that's bound for GME) which I will take you on with. She's built up more for drift sessions but is more than capable of holding it's own on the circuit.

Add me when you're ready. ;)

this is definitely one of my favorite cars and i think many people underestimate its potential, especially with a good driver behind it. It is very nimble and can really hold its own on the ring. great to Finlay see a tune for it. i will try it out asap.

just got this car the other day, took to the autumn ring mini for a few online races just now. Wow, for the standard power its a cracking car, i havn't tried your tune yet as it was great out of the box, but I will try it. 👍

Just tried this today. Amazing little car. I also used your tune and it actually helped me shave a second off my lap times. Made an already great car that much better. Thanks for the tune and to all who are wondering, this is one of the best cars in the game. And gorgeous too.

Back