Gauging Interest-DTM Series

• Thread starter takl23
  • 257 comments
sallyk23
With all the DTM cars available in the online dealership I'm curious is to how interested people would be?

I don't have time at the moment to run the series, perhaps in a few weeks.

Any takers?

I was just thinking about how cool it would be to run a DTM series. If it doesn't interfere with any other series I'm running I'm interested.

Just bought the A4 Touring car from the online dealership, its so much better then the Opel I had before. I would definitely be down for this. These cars are great to drive.

Sure thing, as long as the Nordschleife is one of the venues.
I have a CLK Touring Car which practically lives for that track.

Sure thing, as long as the Nordschleife is one of the venues.
I have a CLK Touring Car which practically lives for that track.

All the German tracks would be involved for sure. If you go to the DTM website they show all the tracks they use on the front page; I wish there were more of these in the game! Specifically Munchen.

Definitely interested.

Would we use Deep Forest? That's used for the German national series in GT2. Just a thought.

Definitely interested.

Would we use Deep Forest? That's used for the German national series in GT2. Just a thought.

Not sure. I haven't really ruled out any tracks other than Cape Ring. All those tracks rub me the wrong way for some reason....

How many few weeks u talking about befor u get this started?

Not sure, I've started to put the rules/regulations together and need to test the cars. I have almost all the cars listed in the dealership and so far only the Alfa Romeo car from '94 (I think) is the really slow one.

I'm in.

Just use the "Rules and Regulations" from GTP. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

And just add any other rules in the O.P. Saves you a lot of time!

I also think that we should try to keep the championship to real world tracks.

PSN: chorda
Car: Audi A4 Touring car 04'

Also, around what time and day will races be held? Sometime around 1-2pm in your time would make entries from EU much smoother.. Weekends at 3 pm your time or something like that should work just fine. Guess it's around 9 pm CET.

Really like this idea! 👍

I'm thinking:

Rules and Regulations : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Additional rules:
*No mods, just tuning suspention, aero a.s.o.
*Tyres: Racing Medium or Racing Hard (Up to the driver).
*Pit-lines can not be crossed at any time (avoiding accidents is ok)
*Protests must be race stewards at hand within 24 hours from race start.
*Damage: Heavy
*Gripreduction: Real
*Drivingline: NO
*SRF: NO
*ASM: NO
*TCS: NO
*Active steering: NO
*ABS: Optional
*Qualification (Not sure, but it's probably best to keep the qualifying online, prior the race.)
(No mandatory pit-stops)

Startprocedure
Rolling starts at: Monza, Nurburgring GP/D, SSR7, London, Coute Dázure, Nurburgring GP/F.

A race with a rolling start will be set to one more lap than the race distance due to the formationlap (If the race is 20 laps, the race settings will be set to 21 laps, including the formationlap).

IMPORTANT: Remember the name of the players ahead and behind you according to the qualification lap-times before race starts. Also remember the driver 2 spots ahead of you, since that car is going to be infront of you when the grid split up in two lanes before the start.

Race start: When countdown reaches zoro: DO NOT MOVE! Race control will write the positions (if not already organized) on the chat (or via mic), then take of one by one in a SLOW pace (accelerations and brakings to get temperature in your tyres is allowed) for one lap (keep your distance, we don't want unneccecary accidents during the formationlap). The poleposition car will serve as a "pace car" during the formation lap. From the last corner, the polecar have to keep a SLOW and STEADY (no accelerations or braking) pace. From here on, form a 2 lane grid with the polecar on the inside lane. So the odd numbers will start on one side (inside lane) of the track, and the even numers on the other (outside lane) side. When the poleposition car reach the startline the race is on (PP car can decide when to hit the throttle, bit somewhere around or close to the start/finishline)! NOTE: NO overtaking is allowed before the startline! So if you i.e starts as car number 8, you can not start before car number 7 a.s.o. So keep an eye on the car ahead of you, and don't look at the poleposition car (If you're not in 2:nd ofc) during the start.

In case we don't run with 16 cars, it would be great with a pace car. (SLS AMG or something like that)

Standing starts at: Nurburgring, Nurburgring Type V, Nurburgring 24H, La Sarthe (2009)

Circuits

1. Nurburgring - 10 laps
2 weeks
2. Monza (weather) - 40 laps
2 weeks
3. Nurburgring GP/D - 40 laps
1 week
4. SSR7 - 5 laps (special event, 2 races, reverse grid, points for each race as usual)
1 week
5. Indianapolis Roadcourse - 45 laps
2 weeks
6. Fuji GT - 40 laps
1 week
7. Nurburgring 24H - 18 laps (weather/time, special event, points are double)
1 week
8. Coute Dázure - 40 laps
2 weeks
9. La Sarthe - 25 laps (wheather/time)
2 weeks
10. Nurburgring GP/F - 40 laps

This type of scedule will keep the season to 14 weeks and 10 races. The amout of weeks between races are 2 weeks, but if the next race is a "special event" (SSR7 and Nurburgring 24H) there will only be 1 week before that race, and only one week after that race to the next.

I know that the races are long, but I wanted to add tyres as a factor. If we run races this long, the pit strategy will be important, hence the choice between Racing Mediums and Racing Hards. It's up to each driver. It will add some dynamic racing, and in some cases (I guess) fuel as well. Imagine someone refueling just not enough, needing to hit the pits for a "splash and go" for the final lap:). In championships beeing driven right know, I feel that everybody drives the same tyres, and pit at the same laps. The strategy is not there. Everybody knows what will happen.

2nd: 90p
3rd: 81p
4th: 73p
5th: 65p
6th: 56p
7th: 49p
8th: 42p
9th: 35p
10th: 29p
11th: 23p
12th: 17p
13th: 12p
14th: 7p
15th: 2p
16th: 0p

Finishing race: 10p (so it will be important to finish what you've started)
Fastest lap: 7p (need to complete atleast 75% of the race to get the points)
Pole position: 5p (need to complete atleast 75% of the race to get the points)

If a driver does not finish (DNF), he will be given the position after the last driver finishing the race, unless no other driver also did not finish, but made it further in to the race. To be given a position and points after a DNF requires at least 75% completion of the race.
If the race for some reason disconnects the race result at that preticular moment will apply if the race is more than 50% complete (using the leader car to decide). If not, the race will be resceduled to the end of the season, or where there's room.

This is just a suggestion 👍

Last edited:
I'm all for longer races. I find it disappointing to practice throughout the week, wait for everyone to show up, qualify and then 20mins later we're done.

I'm all for longer races. I find it disappointing to practice throughout the week, wait for everyone to show up, qualify and then 20mins later we're done.

Totaly agree 👍

What do you think about the circuits in my example? Is it to much Nurburgring? It's actually 5 different layouts, and they are pretty different, apart from the 3 where the long one is included. But I just could'nt change the Nurburgring to another track when we are going to do a DTM championship. Just feels so right to include all layouts.

Last edited:
I am very interested, but the heavy damage kind of steers me away... Way too many times I've been taken out, crashed into, driven offtrack by some idiot who after creating the mess just leaves and entirelly ruined someone elses race...

Jav
I am very interested, but the heavy damage kind of steers me away... Way too many times I've been taken out, crashed into, driven offtrack by some idiot who after creating the mess just leaves and entirelly ruined someone elses race...

I hear you, but it was just a suggestion.
And also, we need clean drivers for this one. It wont be a destruction derby. If the drivers are good enough, the heavy damage will just prevent to aggresive driving. If you crash, or spin into a wall or something, to the pits you go! Like IRL.

But as you pointed out, if there is drivers that don't respect the Rules and Regulations, the race will be crap with heavy damage, if not, it will be awsome. 👍

Circuits

1. Nurburgring - 10 laps
2 weeks
2. Monza (weather) - 40 laps
2 weeks
3. Nurburgring GP/D - 40 laps
1 week
4. SSR7 - 5 laps (special event, 2 races, reverse grid, points for each race as usual)
1 week
5. Nurburgring Type V - 8 laps
2 weeks
6. London - 50 laps
1 week
7. Nurburgring 24H - 18 laps (weather/time, special event, points are double)
1 week
8. Coute Dázure - 40 laps
2 weeks
9. La Sarthe - 25 laps (wheather/time)
2 weeks
10. Nurburgring GP/F - 40 laps

Some pretty good choices, but remember that you can't make pit-stops at London or SSR7.

Also, while Nurb is undoubtedly a good track, it might be best to use it more sparingly. The original tracks are great as well, and for lack of more German tracks in the game they could come in useful. For example, you could have a season that looks like this (this isn't based on any calculations or anything):

1. Nurburgring GP/D (sprint race) - 20 laps
2. Deep Forest - 30 laps
3. Monza - 30 laps
4. La Sarthe - 15 laps
5. Trial Mountain - 30 laps
6. Nurburgring GP/F (endurance) - 52 laps
7. Cape Ring South - 30 laps
8. Nurburgring Nordschleife - 12 laps

Just a few suggestions.

This could be very cool. I mstly been racing GT500 cars which I really like. Would be nice to race some other cars of similar performance.

What cars would be allowed? All the cars listed in the A-Spec DTM event?

Really looking forward to this now, after completing the Special Event last night, first time round, and after spinning first lap (in a completely stock car other than wheels and oil) :):):)

More than likely damage will be heavy. We use this in the Super GT series that Masi is running and I really like it, even though last week I crashed twice and it cost me a few spots. Aggressively reckless driving will not be tolerated. As for the cars, if I miss one let me know PS3 isn't on right now:

CLK Touring Car
Opel Astra Touring Car
Vauxhall Touring Car (same as Opel)
Same versions as above but the 'Super' versions
Audi A4 Touring Car
Alfa Romeo Touring (this one seems the slowest, need more testing to see if mods need to be added)
Audi TT R Touring Car (this one seems crazy fast, need more testing)

And not sure if the BMW M3 GTR should be allowed even though it's not a DTM car, it has 514hp after an oil change, again need more testing, it ran the same lap at Nurburg GP/D as the Audi TT Touring Car.

Back