Post your DFGT pedal Fix !

• Thread starter slitcher
  • 14 comments
slitcherr
Hey what's up guys !

So unless you have just bought the DFGT, everybody already knows Logitech's HUGE failure with their brake pedal on the DFGT. The brake pedals stays ''stuck'' when it's actually fully released. That is a very common issue, it's actually my third DFGT and all three had the same friggin problem. I somehow wish Logitech would take the blame and come up with a solution but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen (yes, I've contacted them, got a replacement, and it still had the same issue). So users are left to think of a solution to fix this issue.

So i've looked around a bit and seen multiple fix for the lousy brake pedal on the DFGT but wished they were all grouped into one thread and that's what i'm trying to do right now.

So this is the thread where you should post your method to fixing that ****** brake pedals.

I'll start

Method : Stress Ball

How To : Stick a stress ball in the opening beneath the brake pedal, slightly into the assembly housing.

Pros : Gives more feeling to the brake pedal. Fixes the issue 90 % of the time

Cons : The foamy thing wears off and has to be changed. The issue reappears once in a while, 10 % to stay true to the approximation.

Pictures :

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

Truth is I hate this method and i'm looking to make it better. I want to get some inspiration with your solutions so that's why i'm starting this thread, and also so that newly frustrated DFGT buyers can get a quick reference as to how to solve this annoying issue. And maybe, one day, logitech will come up with a solution...

Can you replace the spring? Or add another spring.

I have the Logitech DFP, and the accelorator button/pedal seems to not returning to the full up position.

The wheel is still pretty good, so I really don't need to change/upgrade it.

Perhaps I'll ditch logitech and go with the fanitech.

Regards

Adding another spring is what I'm talking about. The extra spring will help to keep the pedal from being "stuck". You could also mount the spring somehow to the pedal and base.

Have you taken the pedal base apart? Have you seen what the brake spring looks like?
I suggest you search the forums for the many ideas and solutions people have come up with. This is a pretty old wheel so people have though of almost everything, and made threads about it.

adding a spring to the inside is pretty muchnext to impossible, the spring in there works in rotation, so finding a different harder spring that fits in there is gonna be quite a job.

What i'm thinking about is actually building some sort of ''base'' for the pedals to sit on. On that base, there will be a set of springs pushing the pedal back. Anyways, I haven't had time yet to design anything but as soon as I have a few hours I'm gonna do that.

Go to a supermarket,buy some cheap sponges,I paid the pricely sum of nineteen pence for 5,cut a little off the sponge and place snugly in the bit under the brake pedal,job done,this can also be done with the accelerator too if it float's your boat,enjoy.

adding a spring to the inside is pretty muchnext to impossible, the spring in there works in rotation, so finding a different harder spring that fits in there is gonna be quite a job.

What i'm thinking about is actually building some sort of ''base'' for the pedals to sit on. On that base, there will be a set of springs pushing the pedal back. Anyways, I haven't had time yet to design anything but as soon as I have a few hours I'm gonna do that.

Putting the spring in a vice and pulling it apart a bit gives it more resistance up top.

/\ there is two spring on the brake side. One matches the resistance of gas to a certain point then the second heavier spring picks up the load.

What I did was removed these two springs. Bent them so there would be more load on the spring at rest. This really helped a bunch. My two sons you the DFGT and they was having issues with the soft pedal and getting to much lock up on brakes.

WAfterwards I got to thinking what would be a nice fix for all.

Well if you into tearing things apart, then do so to the pedals. Take the springs and slide some vacuum hose aka small rubber hose over the spring ends. This will take up some room and make both springs work harder. To revert to stock remove rubber.

Anyone needs more details feel free to ask.

Interesting, I don't recall ever having this issues w/ my DFGT, ofcourse I did "foam mod" it by pudding some pretty resilient foam underneath the break akin to the half of a stress-ball mod, but I'm pretty sure my break has never gotten "stuck."

I started having the stuck brake pedal problem on my DFGT a couple days ago. I got in touch with Logitech and they are ready to send me a replacement - however I need to send in my current unit first. That means going most likely at least a couple weeks without GT5. Not crazy about that idea.

Sooo, I took the plunge and opened up the pedal base. As others have suggested, I opened up the springs with pliers and reassembled the base. I have not yet had the time to fire up GT5 to test but there is no doubt that the pedal resistance has increased greatly. It actually feels really good now - enough so that my craving for a better pedal set may be put to rest. Once I've had a chance to drive it for a bit I'll be able to comment more on how effective the fix is.

pgagoober
I started having the stuck brake pedal problem on my DFGT a couple days ago. I got in touch with Logitech and they are ready to send me a replacement - however I need to send in my current unit first. That means going most likely at least a couple weeks without GT5. Not crazy about that idea.

Sooo, I took the plunge and opened up the pedal base. As others have suggested, I opened up the springs with pliers and reassembled the base. I have not yet had the time to fire up GT5 to test but there is no doubt that the pedal resistance has increased greatly. It actually feels really good now - enough so that my craving for a better pedal set may be put to rest. Once I've had a chance to drive it for a bit I'll be able to comment more on how effective the fix is.

I just got done with a couple hours racing and wow, what a difference! The pedals are much firmer now, which makes it a LOT easier to dial in small brake and throttle adjustments. Thus far there is no sign of the stuck brake pedal problem that I set out to solve. If you have a DFGT my advice is to go ahead with opening up the springs a little. It makes an enormous difference even if you do not have a stuck pedal problem. Now once my Obutto gets here I'll be in heaven :)

^^how large did you make them?

I didn't measure but at rest with the base off (and the pedals upside down) the end of the springs were pointing pretty much straight up, whereas they were previously angled maybe 30 degrees towards the pedals. Not easy to explain without pics, which unfortunately I did not take. OwensRacing sounds about right at 1/2" - 3/4". Well worth the effort.

Of course, since I made those posts I ordered and received a GT3 RS with CS Pedals :) Some folks are never satisfied I guess :guilty:

Back