GT5 PS3 Theme | I need your best GT5 Pics for the next version!

• Thread starter tomhart9
  • 297 comments
England
Dorset
GTP_RedShift
Hi guys, I have made a GT5 theme for my PS3 using only photos I've taken in Photomode. All the icons are the original icons apart from the photo album, photo, video, video album, and voice chat icons which just darker as for some strange reason, in the theme creator Sony gives you, these are funky colours :lol: and I have used the original sounds.

I don't have the best photos in the world so I'm coming to you guys! If you want to help me out then post a link to the full sized HD 1920x1080 (obviously in wide-screen) and if I like it then I will include it in the theme as a background.

I will credit everyone's GTP forum ID but if you like you can include a small, non-intrusive signature IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER of your image if you like.

The photos should look good on a big HD TV, not be too bright as the text of the XMB wont show up on bright backgrounds. So please test out your pictures on your PS3 as a background before you post your image 👍
I'm mainly looking for images that show off the graphical capabilities of GT5 so no glitchy ugly shots :yuck: :lol:

Standard Definition (4:3 aspect ratio) version
I have decided to make a Standard definition version of them theme after many requests. So I will now be accepting 640x480 images!
The same guidelines apply (see above)

I will just be converting the 1080p images from now on but I will accept 640x480 images, they just wont have an HD version

Alot of you guys are uploading great pics and thanks for that! Unfortunately some of them aren't 1920x1080 or 640x480, either by size or shape, so make sure they are before posting them otherwise they CAN'T be used! No matter how much I like them!

The theme should now be downloaded from this thread. That way anyone who's only looking at this thread for the theme or updates doesn't have to deal with the **** ton of 1080p images taking up all the bandwidth :lol:

Last edited:
then try to change the colour of the XMB icons/letters wich are in the barrier to black - it think then it will match with the pic....

These will all look similar with a touch of difference between them. Actually the very first pics I took as I was checking out all the different settings. Look absolutely fantastic as my PS3 wallpaper. The "off-center" set:

kyotogion2r.jpg

kyotogion4y.jpg

kyotogion6m.jpg

And the "centered" ones:

kyotogionc.jpg

kyotogion8.jpg

Hope these might come in handy. :)

Nürburgring Nordschleife_1 by haakondh, on Flickr

Lucerne - Chapel Bridge by haakondh, on Flickr

Kyoto - Shoren-in by haakondh, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza by haakondh, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_2 by haakondh, on Flickr

I'm currently using the Alfa-picture myself as a background, works like a charm.
If you should run into any trouble obtaining the full res. images from flickr just pm me and I can mail you the originals should you find any of them useful.

What sort of pics are you looking for? Arty? Action? Still shots? Got a load of pics at photobucket you can have a look at & if you see 1 you like i can send you the full size via psn

What sort of pics are you looking for? Arty? Action? Still shots? Got a load of pics at photobucket you can have a look at & if you see 1 you like i can send you the full size via psn

anything really as long as its not to heavily edited,
i want a good mixture

Sorry for the double post, I was thinking of putting in the GT5 menu sounds, what do you guys think, good idea or just annoying?

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, I was thinking of putting in the GT5 menu sounds, what do you guys think, good idea or just annoying?

I think it might be too much. Aften playing GT5 for a couple of hours it's nice to not hear those "bong" noises.

[Nor]MclarenF1;4875583
I think it might be too much. Aften playing GT5 for a couple of hours it's nice to not hear those "bong" noises.

thats what i was thinking, i'll leave in the original sounds for the time being

Back