Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCitizen

RedBull Racing
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
JonCitizen
Lets band together and dissect this baby apart. What's in the new update.

EDITED by mod to add full list form GT.com

:cheers: for editing Mod. Busy schedule since the patch went LIVE:guilty:
Gran-Turismo.com
Update Notice (1.06) - Feb 18, 2011

An update to Gran Turismo 5 has been released. The contents are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
・Remote Racing

On the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen, [Remote Races] have been added.
You can combine the "My Driver" of you and your friends to start a fully automatic B-Spec race, to gain rewards and experience.
For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu and also the new "Remote Race" page in the GT5 product information section on gran-tursimo.com.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
For [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using an internet web browser, and remotely operate your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check the results from the web site. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere!
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right of the webpage to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
You can now select the "My Tracks" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge), or even race on tracks automatically generated from a selected theme on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update in this way.)

・Introduction of Performance Points for Online Races
We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the regulations of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge) to regulate the participating cars.
For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (Open Lobby and My Lounge) have been increased.

・Expansion of Event Settings for Online Races
[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] have been added to the event settings of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・Increased Penalties for Special Events
The penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
The rewards and experience for [Licence] and [Special Events] of [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events
In A-Spec and B-Spec events in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], as well as when participating in [Special Events], you can now rent cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Settings
Individual gear adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Multi Monitor
From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi Monitor], you can now set multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in an incredibly wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.
For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.

[Changes and Additions to Game Operations]
- It is now possible to replay and save [2 Player Races].
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Camber] has been added to the section settings of the [Course Maker].
- In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- User selected background music can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
- When a tyre restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars having tyres that match the regulation will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- It is now possible to perform settings for karts in the [Quick Menu].
- It is now possible to select multiple items in some major screens, such as when selecting the on/off of favourites in the [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive manoeuvres of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added during room creation in the [Open Lobby].
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimised.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- The background of car demos during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The [Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range

Others found by members:

Something like this (partly unconfirmed):
Size: 301 Mb
Arcade car order swapped
Blue tick in both dealerships on purchased cars
Car ballast adjustment
Controller steering sensitivity in driving options
Corner camber in course maker
Fully adjustable gear ratios
Multi-screen option
Multi select (car garage, photo album, replay theatre)
Performance point system
Restart race confirmation
Engine power limiter (50%-100%)
Car already owned are marked in UCD
Indy back to 97500 cr. But XP up! For all off line races?
change your tyres from the settings menu
new Bonus Races in the Seasonals
Type of race has been added to online setting: Race for fun, Race for real, Drift, Free run, Race type has been added to online filter results as well
30 cars in online dealership
options now for multi Monitors
Remote Race just below the lounge icon in GT Community
New paddock animation on lead-in to the game
All cars online available
TCS is now adjustable again during race
Restarts race confirmation
Own made tracks on-line available
New tracks in Seasonal
Can turn fuel depletion and tyre wear off in an online race
You can schedule races to start at set times
The pop up message when you first start up the game is gone
u can race online ur b specs drivers against the B spec drivers of ur friends
menu is now a lot faster
TV camera when entering pits
You can choose different tires for front and rear
change what car your watching in the replays without going to black screen
AI little smarter?
U can use the online-cars of your friend
BOB’s more agressive
Sound improved
You can also now share Bob's with friends
Old tracks made by yourself are converted to new standard
Vettel challenge bronze target time increased

Last edited:
HAHA GEARS YOU CAN CHANGE EVERY GEAR!!!!!!!!!

and lp points.
and a different tuning style

you can also change tires in the tuning, in particularly you can drive different tires in front and back

You can adjust the weight of the car now too!!!

and lp points.

you can also change tires in the tuning, in particularly you can drive different tires in front and back

The tire feature is not new...I don't think.

and lp points.

So what your saying is even though this update is very small it packs a big punch?:dopey:

*edit*Wait...I just realized something,you being sarcastic, correct?

Before starting a race you could select different types of tires for front and back from the options menu.
But you couldn't do it form the tuning menu, which is supposedly what was changed.

I don't see how that's really that much influential, it was fine going to Driving Options.
There's no reason to not have it that way, considering you could change everything else from the tuning menu.

LP= PP perfomance points.

Server here in germany is under maint. too, cant go online, but the mentioned adjustments are offline.

I don't see how that's really that much influential, it was fine going to Driving Options.

Exactly. It's just an old feature accessed from a new place. Kind of pointless expecially when you consider that it's more convenient to change tires from the options menu rather than the tuning shop.

Kind of pointless expecially when you consider that it's more convenient to change tires from the options menu rather than the tuning shop.
I'd say that is pretty arguable. More than once I have set up a car to do a race but forgot to change the tires because I couldn't do so while I was setting up the car,

"Fredstar88 Junior Member Online Now!

cars that you've purchased already will have a blue tick in the dealership now, nice feature!

EDIT: this feature is present in both new and used dealerships"

Quoted from "GT5 Latest News & Discussion" Thread

Sorry... still not getting it. What's a performance point?
(seriously, I don't know)

Ah awesome!

Performance points for each car.

ie. a 300bhp weighing 1000kg will have a similar performace point rating as a 400bhp car weighing 1300kg. Think of it as a way of matching up cars in 2 player modes or for online racing to ensure the cars are equally matched. Almost like a rating for bhp per tonne.

UCD and Garage a few details changed like:

you see at ucd, if you already own a car.

Thank goodness.

I have 713 cars and it's a pain to search through my OpenOffice Spreadsheet to see what i have and what i don't have.

Ah awesome!

Performance points for each car.

ie. a 300bhp weighing 1000kg will have a similar performace point rating as a 400bhp car weighing 1300kg. Think of it as a way of matching up cars in 2 player modes or for online racing to ensure the cars are equally matched. Almost like a rating for bhp per tonne.

Ok. Cool. Thanks.

...and there goes another column of data from my file... :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back