• Thread starter Minty
  • 275 comments

Minty

<((_CRAYOLA__(()
Premium
United States
Pasadena, MD
Minty TS
Right, now that I'm on my computer I can better explain what I was thinking. There are many people who don't donate money because they just never get around to it, or because they just can't decide on a charity. I know several people who want to find a way to help the people of Japan but don't know who to donate to and how to do it.

So I've come up with a solution, PD could make 2 DLC packs and put them on the PSN Store, the 2 packs would be a Chromeline pack and a Stealth pack, that could include 5 cars each and be sold for $10, with all of the profits going to charities that are helping the Japanese earthquake victims.
Of course, the cars that would be in these packs shouldn't be the cars that were included with the Signature or Collectors edition of the game as that would be unfair to the people who purchased those. Instead, PD could just take some cars that are already in the game and give the the Chromeline or Stealth treatments respectively.

I figure if 3M of the 5M or so GT5 players buy both packs over $60,000,000 could be made, and I'm sure there are more people in the GT community as well as people who don't even have GT5 who would buy the packs just to make a donation.

Also, I noticed allot of people claiming that this idea is greedy somehow, as if people would only buy the packs because of the cars and not because it helps people. But think about it for a second, imagine all of the people who don't spend allot of time on the internet, or haven't donated because they don't want to go through the trouble of finding a charity online, or searching through a newspaper or magazine, and then researching it to make sure it's credible, and then finding out how to donate. This provides a simple, quick, easy way for people to donate, but also gives them a little something in return that doesn't cost anyone in the end.

EDIT: Also, if anyone here is following Kaz on twitter could you try to find out how he feels about this idea? I don't have a twitter account and can't really be bothered to make one since someone else on here is probably already following him.

Last edited:
You have a point, that'd be a great way for relief efforts, and i'm sure most of GTP'ers would buy it.

This would be good, but make them exclusive older cars like the Nike1 or some re-liveried cars which would require little effort from PD without annoying those who bought the sig.edition

I agree, maybe adding some new stealth cars everybody would be interested to, even Signature owners, i.e. Ferrari Enzo stealth, with a racing bodykit and a carbon fiber livrery, something like Ford GT spec II. They will gain a good amount of money for Japan by most of GT5 owners just for a bodykit and some stickers. They really should think about it. Great idea Mint.

Whats up with donating money to the cause and not expect anything in return, do people not donate for the sake of donating and try help someone out anymore??

Im sure the last thing on their minds right now is developing dlc...

Whats up with donating money to the cause and not expect anything in return, do people not donate for the sake of donating and try help someone out anymore??

Couldn't say it better myself.

Some of us cant donate.Me for example,I'm currently incapable of getting a credit card(I dislike keeping money in the bank,they think I'm broke),no one I know has one and there is no salvation army or anything near enough for me to get to with my work schedule.So for someone like me this would be the perfect way to donate,and like i said,i would buy minimum 7 lol

Agreed, its a shame the first thought for some is "DLC", even if it is for a good cause in the end.
However, it would certainly be an excellent way as unfortunately there are people who wouldn't think to donate without DLC. Don't think of it as a way for you, the person already willing to donate, but more of a way for those who wouldn't have otherwise.

Agreed, its a shame the first thought for some is "DLC", even if it is for a good cause in the end.
However, it would certainly be an excellent way as unfortunately there are people who wouldn't think to donate without DLC. Don't think of it as a way for you, the person already willing to donate, but more of a way for those who wouldn't have otherwise.

Or who can't,for reasons stated above

Why is everyone so set on the Chromeline and Stealth cars as DLC? If you wanted them, you should have purchased the Collector or Signature Editions.

Turn 10 did this for Haiti relief and people didn't like it, I myself did not like it as I bought the limited edition. Nonetheless it is good jesture no matter how you look at it. And people would buy it.

The exchange of good or services with a percentage going to charity isn't anything new. Think about something as big as Live Aid, people paid to see a concert rather than donate the lot without anything in return.

I'm happy to donate without any goods or services attached, but if DLC brings in the money from a larger group of people it would be a good idea.

Running the cars with a black band across the bonnet like Alfa and others have done in the past would be fitting.

You're right but PD doesn't need to "develop" anything, how long does it take a rear wing and a front bumper? This is a great way to increase this kind of donations, very little effort by them to help their country. They just need to marketing "the money will be donated to Japan" and people will buy that. World need more good ideas as this one.

LOL exactly; people are so desperate for DLC/paint chips that they see a monstrous disaster as a window of opportunity to get their fix.

I mean, this is a good idea. But one or two posts show some questionable motives...

👍👍👍👍👍

Some of us cant donate.Me for example,I'm currently incapable of getting a credit card(I dislike keeping money in the bank,they think I'm broke),no one I know has one and there is no salvation army or anything near enough for me to get to with my work schedule.So for someone like me this would be the perfect way to donate,and like i said,i would buy minimum 7 lol

You don't need a Credit card to buy from PSN.

What if it wasn't "stealth" and instead they made it some sort of livery that had something to do with the relief efforts or something like that.

Of course you can. If there's a will there's a way. You can even donate on your cellphone. Donate $10 and they will put that in your phone bill. Local supermarket and Red Cross.

Walk over to Red Cross and give them cash, toy, clothes. While you are there, donate some blood too.

Back