PS3 Theme - Nissan GT-R

Dazza-On-Toast
DazzaOnToast

Been busy recently, but managed to put together my latest PS3 theme - based solely on the Nissan GT-R.

10 Backgrounds are included which will randomise each time you return to the home screen. I'll be creating more soon (see signature below for past themes and what's coming soon)

Click the image above to download. Let me know if you like/dislike it.

Thanks, Dazza-On-Toast.​

Last edited:
This is great!!! Got a White GT-R sitting patiently on my XMB :D Would you mind making a theme for the X1?

EDIT: Now its a red GT-R :)

How do you install it? I put the P3T-file on my USB stick, put it into my PS3 and went to themes, but it won't read the file...? Can someone please help me?
Cheers

Go to where you change your themes... And find the Install option, and install it from the USB drive... Worked with me. ;)

How do you install it? I put the P3T-file on my USB stick, put it into my PS3 and went to themes, but it won't read the file...? Can someone please help me?
Cheers

../PS3/THEME/

Just like you would put videos on a flash disk you just need to have a folder layout like so and put it in the themes folder.

Last edited:
../PS3/THEME/

Just like you would put videos on a flash disk you just need to have a folder layout like so and put it in the themes folder.

Doesn't work so far... Now i made a folder called XMB Themes on my USB and put the P3T-file in it. But the same happened when i went to "install themes" it says that there are no themes on my USB...
What am i doing wrong? Does the folder need a certain name so the PS3 can recognise it?

Doesn't work so far... Now i made a folder called XMB Themes on my USB and put the P3T-file in it. But the same happened when i went to "install themes" it says that there are no themes on my USB...
What am i doing wrong? Does the folder need a certain name so the PS3 can recognise it?

Follow this exactly:

ps3-theme-usbexample-01.jpg

The image above should help. You need to make 2 folders on the stick, the first (in the root) should be called PS3 (in capitals), inside that make another called THEME (again caps is important). Into the theme folder you need to drop my themes (or any others you download from theme websites). Using different folder names wont work - you must jump through the hoops Sony wants you to!

Plug your USB stick in to your PS3, go to SETTINGS, then THEMES. In the list on the right you will see all the themes currently installed. Right at the top is an INSTALL link, select that. Now the PS3 will search any USB devices plugged in and show what its found (it will show all the themes it finds on the stick) in a list.

You need to select the one you want to install and click it - the PS3 will do its magic an copy it to where it wants to on the PS3 HDD. You'll need to do this for any other themes as it only does 1 at a time.

Once installed, you should see my theme(s) in the normal way via the SETTINGS > THEMES list.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Looks good, I might try this out later! 👍

Thanks, hope you like it.

Looks nice man...

Can you make a theme out of the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10??? Would be awesome ;)

Its going on the list :)

This is great!!! Got a White GT-R sitting patiently on my XMB :D Would you mind making a theme for the X1?

EDIT: Now its a red GT-R :)

Thanks, glad it fits in with your PS3. The X1 is already on the list to do.

:bowdown:
looks great! thank you so much!

Cheers!

Looking good, thanks for posting. :)

No probs, glad you like it.

What program do you use to make the themes?

I want to make FN2 Theme.

There are a couple you can find on-line to download, but the one I use is 'PS3 Theme Builder' 2.5 (not sure if mods allow me to link to it - but just Google it).

I take the default theme that comes with it, and modify the icons in Photoshop to what I want, overwriting the originals and changing the backgrounds.

Back