CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Tournament - Season 2: First Round - PMC

Photomode Tournament - PMC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

headerjg.jpg

First round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either PMC or 2.0

PMC
[Click to raise dashboard]

pmcmatch1.jpg

Show 4X4 car(s) (four wheel drive)
CARS: Any 4x4
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Car(s) must have four wheel drive.

pmcmatch2.jpg

Black cards, black cars, black everything
CARS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Any
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Car(s) must be black, wheels must be black.

pmcmatch3.jpg

Show the beauty and style of car(s) from either Britain or Italy
CARS: Any British or Itallian
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Race Car(s) on the track; Road Car(s) on the road.

pmcmatch4.jpg

Go back to the beauty of the 80's or 90's Rally.
CARS: Any '80 or '90 rally car
LOCATIONS: Any dirt or snow
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Car(s) must be in motion.

pmcmatch5.jpg

Give your best shot from the legendary 24h race
CARS: Only race cars that have been driving at Le Mans
LOCATIONS: La Sarthe (all versions)
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above.

pmcmatch6.jpg

Take a picture with the cars on the grid awaiting the green light.
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any that have a grid start
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: No motion in the shot; More than one car must be visible.

pmcmatch7.jpg

Show your car doing, power sliding, drifting, donughts, burn outs or another manoeuvre you can dream up just as long as you make your black marks on the track.
CARS: Infiniti only
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:The car and markings on the track must be visible.

pmcmatch8.jpg

ashes519 - Take a shot of any Audi car;
Gtuned - Take a shot of any BMW car
CARS: Any AUDI or BMW
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

rulesq.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. You can vote in as many entries you want;
  • Do not vote on your entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • Do not post your photo elsewhere until poll closes;
  • In the event of a tie, host vote will decide;
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting;

deadline.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to 4x4, Go Time, and Burn Those Tires. Those are very interesting subjects to work with.

Nice shot ijkhk4 👍 going to be interesting to see who gets the votes, game on :)
theres some really great shots here 👍 good luck everyone :)
I hope no one votes for the banners :scared: Edit, looks like FJ already has :P

Good Luck Ph1lmar! Love the entry considering I almost entered the same car.

Happy hunting everyone else.

Some really good entries, hard to tell they are PMC! Good luck lellep 👍

To be honest I think it is one of the better looking standards, certainly on par with the premium Celica Rally Car (check out the logo on the hood - awful). Either way, it makes the comp that much more fun and interesting that the car is the same.

Murcie_LP640
Beautiful shot Boabdulrahman! 👍

There's quite a few other excellent photos as well, should be a good round!

Yours is way better than mine
The lighting in yours is just perfect
I just gambled by entering with a dark picture, but i thought that it could match the theme

That's an awesome poll guys! Glad I didn't entered PMC again. I somehow unlearned to shoot good pics like that without editing:P

small review

match1 - ijkhk4 vs. Soloracer3
Really audacious to use one of the worst standard cars in GT5 ijkhk4!!!! It's unbelievable hard to let this car look good, especially without editing! But yours is astonishingly good looking. Anyways, my vote went to Soloracer's one though. And that was mainly because I think it fits the theme a bit more. It's, for me, a more tipical 4x4 car than the RUF and it looks more powerful than the RUF pic. Also the brighter colours did it for me here...
But it seems to be a close match till the end. Curious to see who will make it to the next round. Both of you deserve it:tup:

match2 - Murcie-LP640 vs. Boabdulrahman
As Ph1lmar said it, the black Evora is just plain awesomness!
that was a fast match to decide for me. Simply because I felt the theme fited the Evora pic more. The black seems to be more in the foreground than it's in the other one. Also those little details with the trees on the side made this shot simply awesome. Nice colour too...
The Ferrari on the other hand, it could've been a blue or dark red one too. It's not that clear if its black or not and I think the blue background distracts a bit from the theme. Its a bit too bright, whilst the car is too dark.
Sorry Boabdulrahman, but I think this round will go to Murcie!

match3 - Jason_B vs. Ph1lmar
What a close match!:scared:
Wasn't expecting that. I thought Jason would lead a bit in this match. Of course, its the almighty F40 again, but it captured the theme pretty awesome! Heart, Soul and passion!? I think I feel it all in Jason's shot! The camera is right where the heart and soul of the F40 is. :)
Great picture!
And the Alfa, well I somehow get distracted by the background. And thats not good, because it looks a bit odd in this one. Maybe its to colourful or to bright, I'm not sure, but something doesn't fit to the theme. Never the less, it's a great shot and the car represents "passion" in every possible way. Just the pic, something is missing in it....maybe a bit more zoomed in to the car!? I'm not sure, sorry....

match4 - Mudklipz vs. tonilleshusband
Tough match!!!! Standard cars in the dirt, without any editing (for removing jaggies etc..). Thats really not easy.
And I think TH chose the right way....goes through the dark and hide those issues!:P
And it worked out pretty perfect. I like the warm mood and the lights of the Delta in it. Got my vote, even though I struggled a bit.
Simply because Mudklipz chose the harder way and did it pretty good job.
It has some jaggies and ugly textures, but thats not his fault. A nice shot, for sure. Maybe a bit to boring, standard angle and a pretty gray background.
Was hard to choose. But TH got my vote by maybe 5% ;)

match5 - ziggedzag vs. GOTMAXPOWER
Another easy one for me. The lightning and atmosphere in GMP's shot is brilliant! I got some similar shots in that particular corner, but those are with editing, he achieved it without any of it. really nice work!👍
In Ziggedzag's pic I miss the atmosphere a bit. It's dark too, but somehow too dark (if that makes any sense). I think bokeh only works well if the car is brighter. In this one there isn't enough that pops out. The street and background are a bit to boring to compensate the dark car. Maybe if its a bit more zoomed out, it would've worked better. Or some reflections...or lasers....or unicorns...something at least!:P
Sorry ziggedzag, this round seems to be GOTMAXPOWERS one!

match6 - sar593 vs. Apperosio
Not an easy theme. Sar593 though did it perfect! The F1's were the right choice for it.👍
Also the atmosphere and focus worked well in it. I somehow feel the heat and intensity of a F1 start.
All this is missing in Apperosio's shot. It feels a bit to static and uneventful. Also that there's only the same car in it destroyed it a bit for me:indiff:
But the sky, street and building looks great in it! Looks beautiful when viewed full-size. But as I said, it's the atmosphere that gave sar593 my vote.

match7 - 725 vs. Lellep
Both with the same car (was it in the restriction?) but totally different shots.
I did go with 725's one. I went back and forth and barely could've decided which one to pick. I like both shots! Lelleps looks more realistic and simple, whilst 725 did go the other way and produced a nice artistic shot. I barely can say anything bad about both, maybe the one is to dark and the other a bit to simple. But thats it! ;)

match6 - ashes619 vs. Gtuned
The match I looked the most for. And both didn't dissapoint!
Both shots are nice and colorful.
The bokeh (if I can say it like this...) works good in Ashes shot.And surprisingly I like the close up here alot. Mostly I don't like it if the car gets cut to pieces like this. But I think the angle did it justice! I'm not sure about the green on the TT though. Not a tipical colour for an Audi.
Should have gone for something that represents Audi a bit more.
Well, I think that was the reason I voted for Gtuned. Non then less, his shot deserves it on its own. Because the shot got a prefect composion of lightning, colours and speed. And the orange (even though it's an unusual colour too:P) does it for me. Works great all together!👍

Ok, this was more like a large review than a short one!:P
Please don't take my critics to personal guys. It's jsut my point of view!

All the shots are great and deserve to be in round 1. Be proud to actually reach it so far.....some big names got kicked out......so;)👍

also, if there are any spelling mistakes, please be polite! My working PC/browser don't have spell-check on it!:ill:
edit: there is more miss spelling than expected:scared:

Last edited:
What a review. I was aiming for a colorful picture for my shot and I think I succeeded. The only thing was that I had to use an odd color on the Audi for it to work.
And the cutting off the car in the picture, it's just something I like and do. I'm just glad that others don't mind it as well.

Match #3

Ph1lmar and I've got one goin on!

What a review. I was aiming for a colorful picture for my shot and I think I succeeded. The only thing was that I had to use an odd color on the Audi for it to work.
And the cutting off the car in the picture, it's just something I like and do. I'm just glad that others don't mind it as well.

I love the color, and I love the idea. My thought was that it had a bit too much clipped off the front of the car. Audi's grille has kind of become their signature along with the rings in the past couple of years.

Nice shot ijkhk4 👍 going to be interesting to see who gets the votes, game on :)
theres some really great shots here 👍 good luck everyone :)
I hope no one votes for the banners :scared: Edit, looks like FJ already has :P

Seem we will have a very close poll. Haha I really want to vote for the banners too :crazy:

*come back to check on polls, see 28 for mine, last chekced was 27*
YES I'M WINN-
*rest of poll loads to show ashes at 28 as well*
Tied.. still
I knew this would happen as soon as i saw i was going against him :lol:

*come back to check on polls, see 28 for mine, last chekced was 27*
YES I'M WINN-
*rest of poll loads to show ashes at 28 as well*
Tied.. still
I knew this would happen as soon as i saw i was going against him :lol:

3, 4, and 8 have been very close. It's good to see battling in the first round like this.

Latest Posts

Back