CLOSED: POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 44 (WINNER: nanabu)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 38 comments

THEME: Heart Ties

• [url=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5021/5844417642_d5951f7f9d_o.jpg][img]http://farm6.static.flickr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1766/nrburgringnordschleife3q.jpg"][IMG]http://img685.image

• [URL="http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7587/2044entry.jpg"][IMG]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk44.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by that crazy man with the mic:

"Digging through old themes from the GT4 Competition era, I stumbled upon this gem.
There needs to be two (or more) cars in the image, and they must all share the same
basic engine configuration and aspiration. All naturally-aspirated V8's, maybe,
or how about some turbo straight-sixes? I want to see them all!"

CARS: Any, technically
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Negative, boss!
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 15 images. For H2H weeks, 8 per poll.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

you have got to be joking me I had the only car that had the exact same engine and intake etc... WWHHAAAATT????

WOW what a joke you are a failure

ofcourse those race cars have the same engine most of them do???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

and How the heck does a TANK engine and a Maclearen have in commin??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Obvious troll is obvious.

The theme concerned that the photo should feature cars with the same engine configurations, cylinders, etc.
And the Tank Car and the McLaren you questioned should both feature a V12.

mähmähmähmähmääähhh....

Glad we have you back! :lol:

Btw, the Tank car pic deserve way more votes. Was my second choice. Composition, lightning and the tones really did it for me.👍

Great poll and alot of awesome pics!!!

Oh dear, the topic of discussion is about to dramatically increase on this POLL/Thread....:rolleyes:

Derping....

Chill dude, my V12 didn't get to enter too. :dopey:

Still, Nanabu gets my vote, surprise to see he's losing here.
Also, if i can get double vote, the other would goes to the other V12 (Enzo n Macca) 👍

LOL mine did. The SLR and E 55 AMG (2003) shares the same engine and SLR's is a special version of the E 55.

Glad we have you back! :lol:

Btw, the Tank car pic deserve way more votes. Was my second choice. Composition, lightning and the tones really did it for me.👍

Great poll and alot of awesome pics!!!

I love how no matter what the same people you included always get choosen, I smell conspiracy.

LOL mine did. The SLR and E 55 AMG (2003) shares the same engine and SLR's is a special version of the E 55.

You got my vote 👍.
I'd almost vote for the hybrids, but then again.. I could never EVER vote for such ugly cars.. No matter how great the shot is.. Sawry!

I love how no matter what the same people you included always get choosen, I smell conspiracy.

I smell a poor loser. After you return from your new 2-day holiday, I recommend looking into why the same names tend to appear week to week; they produce quality work. There's no bonus points for having cars with the same engine - if there were, it would've been a bunch of identi-engined pairings.

Funnily enough, your image was one of the last to be cut.

FishyJuice - I appreciate the clarity of the SuperGT NSX, and the nice reflections on it, but the amount of blur for the other NSX seemed too in-the-middle; more, or less, would've been better, in my eyes. Also, the large expanse of white for sky - it worked for me when viewing TVR's shot, but for yours, it felt like more of a distraction. Hope that helps, because it was also in my Top 20 :)

I didn't expect to make it to the poll :embarrassed: Thanks SlipZ :D Great shots here and thanks for the votes so far everyone :) I didn't think that my 'wild' entry would fit in with the 2.0's normal realism photos

FishyJuice - I appreciate the clarity of the SuperGT NSX, and the nice reflections on it, but the amount of blur for the other NSX seemed too in-the-middle; more, or less, would've been better, in my eyes. Also, the large expanse of white for sky - it worked for me when viewing TVR's shot, but for yours, it felt like more of a distraction. Hope that helps, because it was also in my Top 20 :)

Thanks. 👍

Voted for Nanabu. Excellent idea and brilliantly composed without showing a lot of the car. They're so easily identifiable that it works perfectly. I was considering voting for the F1 vs. Enzo shot as it's got a nice mood to it, but the huge pole dividing the center of the image was really distracting for me.

and How the heck does a TANK engine and a maclearen have in commen?
The McLaren F1 and the Jay Leno Tank Car have their cylinder count and configuration in common as well as their aspiration. I chose cars as different as possible within the rules to attract some attention and have a little fun. That and I thought they played well with each other, I was quite surprised how well they shot with each other.

Thanks a bunch. I have been working a lot on my editing and am very happy with what I have been getting from it, especially positive comments (the votes don't hurt either)

Your right, I pay Slipz $20 a week for guaranteed poll placement :sly:

Last edited:
Well I'm in, but I'm part of the 0-votes club with Tangled Web and TVR&FF :(

Guess I should have focused more on the cars rather than making epic clouds :P

Hey, Slipz, care to give me some pointer on my shoot? :D
Over exposure Lambo, i guess. :P

6194583441_4db9379b09.jpg

Voted for Nanabu. Excellent idea and brilliantly composed without showing a lot of the car. They're so easily identifiable that it works perfectly.

cheers mate :D means alot for me

Your right, I pay Slipz $20 a week for guaranteed poll placement :sly:

wooooooooooot ? only 20$?? i have to pay him 50$ and sometimes i don´t even make it in the polls , meany meany Splitztrem !

Hey, Slipz, care to give me some pointer on my shoot? :D
Over exposure Lambo, i guess. :P
6194583441_4db9379b09.jpg

I really liked this shot, slightly surprised it didn't make it....:odd:

wooooooooooot ? only 20$?? i have to pay him 50$ and sometimes i don´t even make it in the polls , meany meany Splitztrem !

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
ZEROX - Your's was one of the last two to be cut, buddy! I really liked it too - the definition in the road is eye catching, and the paint on the Enzo is interesting in it's quasi-matte feel. What hurt it was the composition; the other still images better portrayed a sense of "rivalry", and if your cars would've been positioned slightly differently to make more use of the frame, it would've been in for sure :)

Honestly, if it had been Top 20, it would've been a very easy poll to make for me. It was cutting those 5 that really was tough! :indiff:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back