CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Competition: Week 44 - TUNER POLL (WINNER: Beccosinho)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 23 comments

THEME: TUNER vs muscle

• [URL="http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1636/tsukubacircuit1y.jpg"][IMG]http://img155.imageshack.us

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2420/eigernordwandshorttrackcn.jpg"][IMG]http://img21.image

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk44.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by first-time winner Nads:

"I want to see some photos which capture the definition of what a 'Tuner' or 'Muscle'
car really is. Highlighting the fact that both are often heavily modified. Will it be the
Japanese tuners or the American Muscle to take the prize?"

CARS: Any Japanese OR American car
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtppmcrulesh02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

Competition News:

Sorry folks - please recast your votes. Not sure how that Tuner image slipped by me into the Muscle poll. Therefore, the Tuner poll is 13, the Muscle, 10, this week, as I can't wait longer to have a revised list. Apologies for the bumpy road this week.

Ah, that's more like it.
Was quite confused when I had seen my shot in the muscle poll, thanks for fixing it up so quickly!

I didn't make it?...............:guilty:

What'd I do wrong with my photo?

Honda S2000 Drift by ANGELSFAN14, on Flickr

actually, I look back and, there are a few good ones that didn't make it, isn't there room for 25 pictures/choices? could of added a few tuners, not necessarily mine, (because I think the light-ish blue g35 should of made it, as well as the matte black rx-8, those were two pretty good ones, better than mine to be honest, but to not see them, kinda is a let down personally) but yeah, in fact, couldn't we actually have like 15-20 choices per side? Would of been nice to give everyone a chance.

Oh well, on to week 45

Last edited:

actually, I look back and, there are a few good ones that didn't make it, isn't there room for 25 pictures/choices? could of added a few tuners, not necessarily mine, (because I think the light-ish blue g35 should of made it, as well as the matte black rx-8, those were two pretty good ones, better than mine to be honest, but to not see them, kinda is a let down personally) but yeah, in fact, couldn't we actually have like 15-20 choices per side? Would of been nice to give everyone a chance.

Oh well, on to week 45

It's just at the discretion of the judge, never know what they're going to like. I would have voted for yours!

Thanks, I know, but I'd like to either have a reason, or just some review on it from him, I'll sleep better at night if I know, LOL, jk

This sucks though, this means I'm 1 for 4 (1 for 5 if you count the tournament qualifier) in photo competitions now in terms of being selected to be voted for (I count the qualifier as a miss since I didn't make the top 16, was like 3 votes shy too), I never was a good hitter in my life in baseball, its starting to effect my everyday life now, lol

No offense to anyone, but none of the entries this week in the Tuner poll are..well.. that good to be honest. Just my opinion.

No offense to anyone, but none of the entries this week in the Tuner poll are..well.. that good to be honest. Just my opinion.

To be honest, I have to say the same about the muscle poll. :guilty:

Oh well, on to week 45
Lol I was looking for yours! As I said in the thread, it's some of the best smoke I've seen from GT5. Would have my vote for sure.

I voted for the 3rd from the bottom, the 370z. One of the rare cases where partial colour works really well.

Oh, and I'm in! :D Though I think mine should be replaced with Chad's, it's just that awesome. :sly:

I voted for the 3rd from the bottom, the 370z. One of the rare cases where partial colour works really well.

Oh, and I'm in! :D Though I think mine should be replaced with Chad's, it's just that awesome. :sly:

yay, i got a vote! lol

Lol I was looking for yours! As I said in the thread, it's some of the best smoke I've seen from GT5. Would have my vote for sure.

lol, Thanks, yeah, it's one of my favorite drift pictures (I say that about alot of my drift pics), and usually I have a hard time with the smoke screwing up the shot (and if you've seen most of my entries, I think they are all drifting, lol), and I end up discarding most shots, but this was a lucky one for sure

I have a question about yours, did you park those two cars or did you do it online and drift into each other? :D If so, I'd like to see a picture of that, lol, but yeah, yours is pretty good, oh yeah, I just noticed, why is it upside down? :indiff: (I only say that because the GT logo is on the bottom and upside down)

lol, Thanks, yeah, it's one of my favorite drift pictures (I say that about alot of my drift pics), and usually I have a hard time with the smoke screwing up the shot (and if you've seen most of my entries, I think they are all drifting, lol), and I end up discarding most shots, but this was a lucky one for sure

I have a question about yours, did you park those two cars or did you do it online and drift into each other? :D If so, I'd like to see a picture of that, lol, but yeah, yours is pretty good, oh yeah, I just noticed, why is it upside down? :indiff: (I only say that because the GT logo is on the bottom and upside down)

Haha, no I parked them like that. I found if you go right up to the wall the reflection of the headlights gives interesting lighting.

And it's upside down because I wanted the highlight to be on the top of the frame (the cool filter highlights the bottom)

Haha, no I parked them like that. I found if you go right up to the wall the reflection of the headlights gives interesting lighting.

And it's upside down because I wanted the highlight to be on the top of the frame (the cool filter highlights the bottom)

lol, darn, that would of been an awesome shot (or series of shots), I've had those walls freak out on me during replays, to where, the reflections turned pink, lol, I don't know why, though they've probably been fixed by now. ah, I see. I would of liked to see that picture without the cool filter, and a lower exposure instead, but thats because I like to see all of the car, kinda like the subaru pictue in the poll, that should have a higher exposure IMO to be a great picture, but thats just me, and I'm not in the polls, so I have no room to say anything, lol

btw, the full-size link of the miniature pic isn't working! Or, it's not even there...

happy to have made the poll & picked up a couple of votes even though i do think a wee bit of car selection etiquette could have been used. its even the same bloody colour lol

Uau!

Didn't expect made the poll and neitther catch any votes on this, as it was my first comp on gtplanet. So i'm very happy with these 10 votes.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back