CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Competition: Week 44 - MUSCLE POLL (WINNER: Raphaele)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 18 comments

THEME: tuner vs MUSCLE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk44.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by first-time winner Nads:

"I want to see some photos which capture the definition of what a 'Tuner' or 'Muscle'
car really is. Highlighting the fact that both are often heavily modified. Will it be the
Japanese tuners or the American Muscle to take the prize?"

CARS: Any Japanese OR American car
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtppmcrulesh02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

Competition News:

Sorry folks - please recast your votes. Not sure how that Tuner image slipped by me into the Muscle poll. Therefore, the Tuner poll is 13, the Muscle, 10, this week, as I can't wait longer to have a revised list. Apologies for the bumpy road this week.

clubmanstageroute5142.jpg

Any tips for doing better next time? Thought I had a nice shot showing speed and detail but new to photomode so looking for ways to improve. New to forum as well so if I'm posting response in the wrong spot, let me know. Great pics on this site.

I'm pretty sure a Dodge Viper counts as a muscle car, so can I have your criticism?

EDIT: And rpanico, that shot is amazing :drool.

clubmanstageroute5142.jpg

Any tips for doing better next time? Thought I had a nice shot showing speed and detail but new to photomode so looking for ways to improve. New to forum as well so if I'm posting response in the wrong spot, let me know. Great pics on this site.

The big thing that stands out to me is that the front of the car is positioned very close to the edge of the image on the left. It's even been cut off slightly. This is a big no-no in photography. You either crop in on a certain area or you show the whole car. Cutting a tiny bit off causes the viewer's eye to wander straight off the photo and lose interest.

The big thing that stands out to me is that the front of the car is positioned very close to the edge of the image on the left. It's even been cut off slightly. This is a big no-no in photography. You either crop in on a certain area or you show the whole car. Cutting a tiny bit off causes the viewer's eye to wander straight off the photo and lose interest.

Thanks..makes sense

I'm pretty sure a Dodge Viper counts as a muscle car, so can I have your criticism?

EDIT: And rpanico, that shot is amazing :drool.

There was a huge discussion in the thread, but I think we concluded that corvettes and vipers are NOT muscle cars. Especially the ZR1 and the ACR, they're borderline supercars. Those can go around corners--Muscle cars can't.

Going to stick my neck out here and say rpanico14's shot is better than a good 50% of the poll :guilty:

Unfortunately the judge was a bit of a newbie so he didn't really take composition or overall quality too much into account. He sees things a bit differently than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back