Odd glitch just occured

• Thread starter Hayden
  • 38 comments

Hayden

Chrysler Racer
Premium
Australia
South Australia
First i must say to mods that i haven't made this thread to spoil F1 results, but to inform community members of an odd glitch i just had happen.

Upon leaving one of my mates lounges about 20 minutes ago, i was greeted with an error message. (cannot connect to server) and was kicked back to the main menu.
Once i had reloaded into the game, i was informed i had two gifts to collect, knowing we would be getting a free x2010 i knew what one gift was, but assumed someone must have sent me a helmet or something as well. To my shock, upon opening the gifts section i saw that i had recieved two S.Vettel x2010's.
img0492o.jpg

Now i know that some of you at this point are saying "that photo doesn't mean anything, maybe he just didn't open a ticket he got from the vettel challenge or level 35 B-spec." Well you guys are wrong. In this photo you can see all 4 of my S.Vettel x2010's
img0499p.jpg

And to prove further that there is no trickyness involved here, i even took a photo of the log in profile to prove they had really double gifted me.
img0501z.jpg

Now, i have heard of people getting two birthday cars before, do you think this is a similar glitch or just an odd bit of luck for me.
Ps. I use the term luck figuritively, of course i dont want 4 🤬 S.Vettel X2010's :banghead:

PPS. I haven't done the seasonal event yet either.

PPPS. Seeing the amount of people who also got 2 X2010's, Maybe the server kick was just a coincidence.

Last edited:
I got two as well. Too bad you can't gift them to anybody. Then again, who would want it since the moment they login, they get a ticket anyway. ;)

Seems like the same glitch that gave me 5 Mercedes 190E Evo II tickets...I only got one Vettel X2010, taking my total to one, or one too many...

Seems like the same glitch that gave me 5 Mercedes 190E Evo II tickets...I only got one Vettel X2010, taking my total to one, or one too many...

:eek::eek::eek: 5? That is stupendous! At least you can give them away though, not to mention the Evo II is a terrific car.

Guess I'm not the only special one who got 2. :lol: I woke up, logged onto GT5 and just found I had 2 Vettel's waiting for me. I think it's just a glitch in PD's server that accidentally sends multiple cars to certain people. Like a hiccup.

I'm also having problems but of a different nature.
My game loads incredibly slow. I cleaned the disk but it still takes ages to load anything and makes the game unplayable since I logged in to collect the car.

Drakhor, the menus are (unfortunately) slow whenever connection to PSN/PD's servers is slow. And PD's servers are slow because everybody is collecting their X2010 (Kaz just tweeted about this). You'll notice that if you log out of PSN, the menus will be fast again.

After I had to completely restore my game data (not save data), I got given the CLK-GTR and 190E again as rewards for 'completing' the Nordscheleife challenge.

It was quite handy as I had sold my CLK-GTR since originally winning it.

I've just noticed something, the X2010's we've recieved from PD have 1482bhp, but X2010's normally have 1437bhp. :confused:

I've got a 'free' X2010, and a lvl 35 B-spec one.
Both 0/0, but one has more hp, the other has more pp.
Is that supposed to be?

VTiRoj
I've just noticed something, the X2010's we've recieved from PD have 1482bhp, but X2010's normally have 1437bhp. :confused:

zedextreme8177
^ All X2010s when broken in should have 1557hp ;)

I've noticed that when you do an oil change after you get the car, the BHP goes up to 1556. It looks like, that the X2010s that they sent us, have already been broken in.

^ All X2010s when broken in should have 1557hp ;)

Yeah, although I was talking about 0.0 mile cars with no oil changes or whatever. Who knows, maybe these 1482bhp cars will surpass 1557bhp when broken in.

First i must say to mods that i haven't made this thread to spoil F1 results, but to inform community members of an odd glitch i just had happen.

Upon leaving one of my mates lounges about 20 minutes ago, i was greeted with an error message. (cannot connect to server) and was kicked back to the main menu.
Once i had reloaded into the game, i was informed i had two gifts to collect, knowing we would be getting a free x2010 i knew what one gift was, but assumed someone must have sent me a helmet or something as well. To my shock, upon opening the gifts section i saw that i had recieved two S.Vettel x2010's.
img0492o.jpg

Now i know that some of you at this point are saying "that photo doesn't mean anything, maybe he just didn't open a ticket he got from the vettel challenge or level 35 B-spec." Well you guys are wrong. In this photo you can see all 4 of my S.Vettel x2010's
img0499p.jpg

And to prove further that there is no trickyness involved here, i even took a photo of the log in profile to prove they had really double gifted me.
img0501z.jpg

Now, i have heard of people getting two birthday cars before, do you think this is a similar glitch or just an odd bit of luck for me.
Ps. I use the term luck figuritively, of course i dont want 4 🤬 S.Vettel X2010's :banghead:

PPS. I haven't done the seasonal event yet either.

PPPS. Seeing the amount of people who also got 2 X2010's, Maybe the server kick was just a coincidence.

Unlucky you :(
One of them damn things is bad enough, but 2 :scared: I feel for you...
Never mind, chin up mate, coulda been worse 👍

Drakhor, the menus are (unfortunately) slow whenever connection to PSN/PD's servers is slow. And PD's servers are slow because everybody is collecting their X2010 (Kaz just tweeted about this). You'll notice that if you log out of PSN, the menus will be fast again.

It worked! Thanks for the advice. 👍

After I had to completely restore my game data (not save data), I got given the CLK-GTR and 190E again as rewards for 'completing' the Nordscheleife challenge.

It was quite handy as I had sold my CLK-GTR since originally winning it.

I'll keep that in mind as well. Thanks. 👍

yay i got mine only one tho :( but i can use this one now thanks to it higher hp :lol: just wish i could get the others wish pd would but them in the online UCD even if it was just for a day :irked: because i know i can't do the vettel challenge no matter how hard i try on my DS3 this is the only turismo that has beat me i have completed all the others :banghead:

but anyway well done Vettel :cheers:

wonder if we will get anything if Jason Plato wins the BTCC next week at round 10 Silverstone 16/Oct/2011 :sly:

Back