GT5 DLC Petition

• Thread starter altivec
  • 132 comments
Canada
Granby, Qc
altivec_mr2
***** PLEASE KEEP THIS CLEAN *****

The purpose of this thread is to show to PD/Sony the problem user have with the release of the new DLC for Gran Turismo 5.

It seem that the DLC is lock to 1 account and also need to have the good "user region"+"disc region"+"save file region".

Please keep it clean and post you information with the following style:

PSN: altivec_mr2
PSN origin: Europe, France
GT5 disc region: USA
Country currently living:: Canada
Problem: Can't use a legaly bought DLC. I bough my PS3 when living in Europe and have move back to Canada, i have always use my "main PSN" for all my game since we can't change the country, now i have bought a 11.99€ DLC which doesn't work and i can't get a refund for a product which haven't give me any warning of any type of "region locking".

Keep this thread going clean please!

Just reposting from the discussion thread:

mizx
I will create a thread as a "petition" so we can share that to PD/GT5.

It will be online in minute please keep it clean so we can be respected by PD/Sony.
Perhaps creating one on one of the petition sites would be a better idea, it probably spread around the web more easily and should get more signatories than a thread here could.

edit: from the discussion thread again

GTplanet is pretty much the biggest gathering of GT5 users/players as far as i know. Usually pretty much all site link to GTplanet when there a problem/solution regarding GT5.

Just spread the link as much as i can to site concerning this issue.
It is the biggest yes, but there are many more regular players, non-users would have to sign up.

Last edited:
Problem: Can't use a legaly bought DLC. I bough my PS3 when living in Europe and have move back to Canada, i have always use my "main PSN" for all my game since we can't change the country, now i have bought a 11.99€ DLC which doesn't work and i can't get a refund for a product which haven't give me any warning of any type of "region locking".

This is entirely the user's fault, DLC have always had regional locking, PD can do nothing about this, you can try and take it up with SCEA, send them a message and see what they can do.

This is entirely the user's fault, DLC have always had regional locking, PD can do nothing about this, you can try and take it up with SCEA, send them a message and see what they can do.

I bought multiple DLC and never had a problem in the past except this one.
Game are region free why not DLC ?

Are you serious? if you buy a DLC on a PS3 you can use it on that PS3... its the fist time Ive ever heard of this.

If you dont know what you are talking about or dont want to sign the petition why post here???

PSN: BiffyClyro93
PSN origin: UK
GT5 disc region: PAL
Country currently living:: UK
Problem: My main account, one that I do not use any more but with all my funds on it, is the one I bought the DLC with, thinking and under the impression (as has been stated by Playstation themselves, and as pretty much all DLC goes) that it would work for all accounts on one PS3. Absolutely no warning that that wouldn't work here, until you actually go on GT5, which most users do after buying DLC. Funds are non-transferable so I wasn't able to buy it on the account I actually use and where all my data is. So I'm stuck with DLC on an account which I don't use for anything except purchasing stuff from PS Store.

No, it really isn't. From my experience there has NEVER been any DLC which hasn't worked for all accounts on a PS3. And it's a bit naive to say it is entirely the user's fault. There was absolutely no warning of any 'regional locking' in the PS Store.

PSN: Stephen220378, Stephen220378_GT5
PSN Origin: Europe, United Kingdom
GT5 disc region: Europe
Country currently living:
Problem: Just bought the overpriced DLC from the PSN Store before logging into GT5 which gave no warning at all about the DLC being locked to 1 user account, I have several PSN accounts which I use for various games and now I find I can only access the DLC I bought and paid for on one of those accounts on the same PS3. I point blank refuse to buy this DLC again and there is no valid reason that this DLC should be any different from any other content bought from the store. People who have bought the DLC directly from the store without logging into GT5 and reading the news section first are being misled.

PSN: Tribolik
PSN origin: Portugal
GT5 disc region: Portugal
Country currently living:: Portugal
Problem: Im currently finishing the Game - one more 24 hour race to do and bought the DLC on that account (my only online account) I tryed to start a new game with another user on the same PS3 (no online account) while I wait another 10 years for GT6 but cant play the game from start with the DLC with that user and I dont want to erase my game save from my main user because of the online leagues I might get into (loose all the cars etc) why cant I play the game from start with the DLC I just bought with offline user????

PSN: Nuka-Cola-Blue, Nuka-Cola-UK (account which had the credit)
PSN origin: AU
GT5 disc region: UK - PAL
Country currently living: Australia
Problem: UK disc, so bought my DLC from UK like I did with all my UK discs, due to potential region locked (as seen in Uncharted 2). Account is Australian. DLC locked to my UK account. No warnings this would happen in PSN or in Game at the time, otherwise I'd have downloaded to my Australian account.

Biffy
PSN: BiffyClyro93
Problem: My main account, one that I do not use any more but with all my funds on it, is the one I bought the DLC with, thinking and under the impression (as has been stated by Playstation themselves, and as pretty much all DLC goes) that it would work for all accounts on one PS3. Absolutely no warning that that wouldn't work here, until you actually go on GT5, which most users do after buying DLC. Funds are non-transferable so I wasn't able to buy it on the account I actually use and where all my data is. So I'm stuck with DLC on an account which I don't use for anything except purchasing stuff from PS Store.

This is also my situation :(

They announced DLC some weeks ago but their advertisement of region lock specific issues show up just 1 hour ago. When people already bought the DLC. I guess Sony lawyers will find hard times trying to justify their company.

Last edited:
PSN: fsikansi
PSN origin: USA
GT5 disc region: UK
Country currently living:: Brazil
Problem: I bought my ps3 years ago when there was no playstation network in Brazil. So my main account is in playstation network USA, but I bought the GT5 in a England store, paying the import taxes for Brazil. To buy the DLC I created an account in the playstation network UK and bought a 25 pounds prepaid card and now I can only buy the DLC on an account that I never used.

Sorry my bad english.

PSN: damienfoto
PSN origin: PSN Asia
GT5 disc region: R2
Country currently living:: Malaysia
Problem: Cannot use dlc because region lock. (At time of gt5 purchase, R2 discs were the only copies available in my country. R3 discs came two months later!) I purchase dlc via my asian account, cannot use bcos region lock. Ok fine! So I buy EU psn card and made dlc purchase via EU account, and still cannot be used on asian account because of account lock. Am i supposed to start all over again just because you locked the dlc?
Petition: Please unlock either region or account. I've already purchased the course pack two times today and i cannot use it! A lot of complains here are about having to purchase multiple times for multiple accounts. I only want to use one of my purchases.

Last edited:
PSN: GTIC_aprevoV2
PSN origin: Indonesia [ID]
GT5 disc region: Asia
Country currently living: Indonesia
Problem: I bought my complete pack DLC on my non-primary account which is Singapore PSN account, for about SG$ 15.49 and I can't use it on my Indonesia PSN account (note that I can't bought it from my Indonesia PSN account because there are several problems which is not explained by Sony Indonesia that we couldn't buy PSN Voucher or using Credit Cards for some banks (PSN only accept some Credit Cards that is issued by International Banks). I was disappointed when knowing that it is not possible to use the DLC with accounts other than the one that was used to make the actual purchase. Too bad Polyphony Digital, Kazunori-san or Sony PlayStation did not announce that the DLC is only for one ID. They posted later in PlayStation EU website (here: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt5news/d36007.html) just after so many people (victim) already bought the DLC without knowing that it is locked on one account.

PSN origin: JPN
GT5 disc region: US/CAN
Country currently living: CAN

Problem was that I was on JPN Prologue with JPN acc obviously.
When released GT5. Just recently realizing I forgot to switch to CAN acc. and is too late to restart due to I'm done most of the race and all gold everything except 3 or 4 special event.

PSN: blood_redshoes
PSN origin: France
GT5 disc region: USA
Country currently living: France

Does anybody else think that all this might have been the reason SCEA held back the GT5 DLC in North America? They saw all the hassle this was going to cause because there was no warning and decided to put the DLC back by a week.

PSN: Langy69
PSN origin: Europe, UK
Country currently living:: England
Problem: Bought the DLC twice by mistake, with no warning of a second purchase.

I want a refund on my second purchase.

PSN: Langy69
PSN origin: Europe, UK
Country currently living:: England
Problem: Bought the DLC twice by mistake, with no warning of a second purchase.

I want a refund on my second purchase.

I almost did the same thing but didnt have enought funds for the second purchase... but it is the only way to have two identical cars on the same game... so maybe it is intended to be that way...

anybody tried to contact Yamauchi-san via twitter? I tweeted this thread and hope he'll read this thread later. At this point Polyphony Digital is synonym for Massive Fraud :dunce:

PSN: Oliver_5150
PSN origin: Denmark
Country currently living:: Denmark
Problem: I couldn't access the DLC(Complete Pack) from my main account. It said: "This content cannot be accessed on your account". I tried accessing it from a secondary account without any problems. I then tried to access it from my main account and it worked. I bought it, launched GT5, but no sign of DLC. Now I can't access the complete pack DLC from the PS Store, again it says "This content cannot be accessed on your account". Anybody else that have tried this :guilty: ?

anybody tried to contact Yamauchi-san via twitter? I tweeted this thread and hope he'll read this thread later. At this point Polyphony Digital is synonym for Massive Fraud :dunce:

I think its more Sony call (publisher) that PDs (Developer)

PSN ID: GrandGTM
PS3 Region: U.S
GT5 Disc region: Europe
Main account region: U.S
Currently living in: Kuwait

I have always been able to get DLC from other accounts (JAPAN) for example for my Gundam game and PSone classics and they work on all my accounts, as long as the content belongs to the right disc. So why can't I just use a Sub account for Europe and purchase and be able to use the GT5 DLC on my main account? makes no sense and I believe this is a first something like this happens to DLC for the PS3.

Last edited:
PSN: GTP_MARSHALL

I have always been able to get DLC from other accounts (JAPAN) for example for my Gundam game and PSone classics and they work on all my accounts, as long as it's appropriate the right disc. So why can't I just use a Sub account for Europe and purchase and be able to use the GT5 DLC on my main account? makes no sense and I believe this is a first something like this happens to DLC for the PS3.

I agree with this totally. Ps3 games here have always been sold as region free games and if any 'dlc' problems, the work around is exactly as described. I even have email communications with PSN-ASIA(HK) support & sales telling me to do just that. That games are region free and dlc is account related. Bottom line is, no one should have any problems using any dlc for any games. What makes PD's dlc so special?

Back