CLOSED: GT5 Photomode/Photoshop Competition - Week 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
38header.jpg

Nato_777 was selected as the Judge's Choice winner last week, and he decided that this week ought to be a Manipulation Week.

Raphaele also took out the public vote, and the theme he has selected is Top Fuel Dragsters!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 36 Winner, Raphaele:

In GT5 dragsters are missing. So let's go ahead and create the ultimate quarter mile machine out of our GT5 cars.
I want to see huge tyres, smoke and flames and drogues (parachutes).
For inspiration have a look here:

And remember... be creative and have fun!

pscomprulesn2manip.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Each entry must have some part from a Photomode picture from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
  • Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
  • Public vote winners also get to select the top 12 entries for the poll the following week.
  • When selecting the top 12 entries the following week, the theme chooser will also select a
    "Judge's Choice" winner, the entry which they feel has best captured the theme.
  • The Judge's Choice winner gets to choose whether the following week will be either a
    Graphics Week or a Manipulation Week.
  • A graphics week will be primarily graphic design and layout based, for example magazine
    covers, or movie posters.
  • A manipulation week will be primarily based on photo manipulation, for example creating
    race cars in game, or making multi-car composites.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!

pscompeditingn2.jpg

Being a Photoshop competition, there are no limits on editing. Use every tool at your disposal to
create the desired effect. Feel free to utilise HDR techniques, photo stitching, whatever you like!
Your only real restriction is that you must use some part of a GT5 Photomode image!
The main thing to remember is to be creative and have fun!

pscompdeadlinen2.jpg

Last edited:
Firstly, excuse my lateness this week! Ultra busy week at uni, all my final assignments for the year are due and I've scarcely had time to breathe, let alone visit GTP. :(
Big thanks to Raphaele and TheDrummingKing who PM'd me the themes and Judge's Choice nominations without being prompted - I really appreciate that guys!

Now, you'll notice there is an X in the due date up above, could those planning on entering let me know whether they'd like an extension or not? :P If so I'll let this comp run out until the Monday of the week after next (that'd be the 21st), or if you're feeling that you can knock an entry together I can close it off on this coming Monday or Tuesday (that'd be the 14th/15th). So let me know and I'll decide!

I have alot of work to do. Thank you buddy, for another great theme.
I have soo many ideas buzzing around in my head. I hope I can even pull them off with GIMP.

Personally I think I need some time.

Last edited:
GOOGLE
top fuel funny car

I think it would be impossible to make most cars into just a plain top fuel Dragster

Not impossible but very difficult, I think funny car style dragsters should be allowed. How say you Raphaele?

I might just pirate a nice copy of photoshop tonight..

According to the Acceptable Use Policy:
You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.

Piracy is illegal. Therefore, anyone deemed by the moderating staff to be discussing the illegal acquisition or distrubution of copyrighted works will be warned regarding their breach of the AUP. The warning counter will be incremented, and anyone on their third warning will be banned.

Don't talk about such things, if you want to use photoshop make an account with adobe and download a trial version.

Here are download to Photoshop can be found Here

You need an account to download.

Last edited:
Don't talk about such things, if you want to use photoshop make an account with adobe and download a trial version.

Here are download to Photoshop can be found Here

You need an account to download.

Sorry to mention illegal activity on your site. I bet Google has already homed in on our signal. hehe:)
Anyway's... sorry not the place.

Last edited:
Not impossible but very difficult, I think funny car style dragsters should be allowed. How say you Raphaele?

If someone prefers a funny style dragster just go ahead.
The claim here is: Be creative and have fun!

I shall be attempting to make a GT5 car (or two) into a Top Fuel dragster, if that doesn't pan out then I'll go the Funny Car route. Either way a time extension will be appreciated this week.

That Mini isn't a bad example for what I mean.
You have to develop your phantasy and create a real stunning vehicle.
Just for the Hall Of Fame :)
Here is another example

Be creative AND have fun!

Okay folks, it seems you'd appreciate a bit more time this week so the deadline for this will be the 21st of November!

I've got one on the go, will have it in before the deadline - sorry you will have to wait a little longer. Hope to see some others too.

may have a crack at this one, looks like it could be a laugh... Hmm... thinking of the car to use is tricky though... Would say old american muscle car... too predictable?

Final Entry

Still lots more to do on it really but I'll get it on here now anyway and hope to be able to improve it before closing.

Click for BIG

Last edited:
Final(ish) Entry

Still lots more to do on it really but I'll get it on here now anyway and hope to be able to improve it before closing.

Click for BIG

lol, this is amazingly ridiculous.

Still no more entries! :confused: Come on guys and gals - this one's not too difficult - and you are at least guaranteed to make the poll. ;)

I am very sad that my theme didn't do the job.
Once upon a time as judge I had to exclude many entries from the poll because we had too many. Seems to me those were the good old times… (April 2011 or so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back