Spa endurance race dec. 16 - Stock European cars

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 233 comments

Jawehawk

Premium
Denmark
Denmark
Yohansen_92
Get ready for an intense 30 lap race on the legendary Spa track.

Info: The race will be held on friday the 16th december. The lobby will be opened at 18.30 GMT, and the race will begin at 19.30 GMT. Full weather change will be ON, and damage and tire/fuel wear will be set to max. The event is expected to be 2 hours long. Should you wish to participate in the event, you have to sign up in this thread, or by PM to me. Furthermore you have to attend at least one practice session, in order to prove yourself capable of driving clean and fair. There will be plenty of practice sessions of join.
If you sign up, I expect you to be commited. Should something prevent you from joining, you need to PM me as soon as possible. Furthermore, I expect participants to stay up to date on rules, and to not quit the race under any circumstances.

Restrictions: This event will be exclusive to European cars of different make and model. The following cars are allowed:

- Aston Martin DB9
- Alfa Romeo 8C
- BMW M3
- Maserati Gran Turismo
- Mercedes SL55
- Mercedes C63
- TVR Tamora

This list of cars is subject to change, as we're still testing.
Tires allowed so far are Sports hard/medium and racing intermediates/rain(after surface water is 20%).
All racing aids except ABS are prohibited. Cars are to remain completely stock(that includes brake bias). The only change allowed, is oil change.

Participants:

GTP/PSN nick: Jawehawk/Andy-Macnab

GTP/PSN nick: ACL_13/Acl_13

GTP/PSN nick: Chrisr1984/GTP_ChrisR1984

GTP/PSN nick: m8h3r/m8h3r

GTP/PSN nick: John Wells/John Wells

GTP/PSN nick: MSTER232/MSTER232

GTP/PSN nick: MattieM/MattieM

GTP/PSN nick: Coolhand Luke/Crib-94

GTP/PSN nick: PlymoSuperbird/TyrrellRacing

GTP/PSN nick: Zolon32/Zolon32

GTP/PSN nick: leonardo887/leonardo887

GTP/PSN nick: TheFreeQ/TheFreeQ

GTP/PSN nick: tuner307/tuner307

GTP/PSN nick: PaulJ_85/PaulJ_85​

Last edited:
If anyone wishes to push the time of the event slightly back, then feel free to say so in the thread, and I'll see what can be done.

Will it get dark during the race or will it it be daytime through out?

I'll do my best to arrange it so that half the race will be day/evening, and the other half being night.

jamie, dont be a puff..

just get online now and practice with me :)

edit: andy do you fancy going on for some testing?

I'm not a puff, just **** and crash at every corner when its dark :lol:, I'll come for some testing too :)

Need to buy the cars first though.

i have no idea why my message starred out andy, i said 'ill have to go now tata' lol

im not sure about the track tbh, i can see a lot of people just getting fed up crashing expecially when its raining and/or dark, if we had 1/2 the people leave on a wet Spa this will be a nightmare lol obviously its your race so ultimatly its your call, i am just thinking out loud as it were.

might get more people enter at nubby, but you probably get more finishers at say monza like you originally said.

ta.

Yeah there will be so many rage quitting going on there, it's a long way back to pits if you crash early on in the lap! Its a horrible track anyway, I'm not a fan at all :(

i have no idea why my message starred out andy, i said 'ill have to go now tata' lol

im not sure about the track tbh, i can see a lot of people just getting fed up crashing expecially when its raining and/or dark, if we had 1/2 the people leave on a wet Spa this will be a nightmare lol obviously its your race so ultimatly its your call, i am just thinking out loud as it were.

might get more people enter at nubby, but you probably get more finishers at say monza like you originally said.

ta.

Indeed, one needs a ton of practice with the chosen car, in order to drive without crashing. I still like the idea of an endurance on the Ring. However, it needs to be with better cars.

So it's back to the drawing board. What do people want most?
A race on Spa again? Or should we go for Monza or Rome?

Yeah there will be so many rage quitting going on there, it's a long way back to pits if you crash early on in the lap! Its a horrible track anyway, I'm not a fan at all :(

I will do my best to pretend that you dit not just call the Ring a bad track :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Its probably not a bad track once you know it well but I make too many mistakes which is why I don't like it :lol: It took me about 2 hours too master the lamborgini at Spa, thats about 45 laps give or take. If I was to try and do that on the 'ring I'd be dead :lol:, plus on top of that I need to workout tire wear and lap times on the list off cars. I'm not trying to say don't race there, if thats what is wanted then thats fine :) But I'm afraid I won't be taking part.

Oh, forgot about European cars only, I was also going to ask about the Camaro.:lol:

I'll decide which car to use when I'm ready.

I think i'm going to participate this race, my problems with my back should be over by then (i certainly hope so). I'll post again when i know if i'm able to join or not.

Do you know what time it will be in the UK when you race?

If plausible then ill stake claim to using the TVR, love that car.

Jawehawk
GMT is the time zone for the UK.

Ok, count me in:)

Id better go buy a Tamora and get practicing :)

I'm guessing there is no Aero Parts?

Am I allowed to change the Wheels? And is painting free?

Last edited:
Yes you can change the wheels, oil and paint what you like. You can't however put any aero parts on the cars.

Would also like to register interest to race this. Can confirm am available on the date mentioned too.

Andy, I really fancy this, but in the lead up to christmas my social secretary (The Mrs) might prefer me to leave myself available, especially on a Friday night.

However, you do have two of my favourite cars in the game among your list, The C8 and the C63 (might have something to do with me being a bit of a C?) so I shall make great efforts to attend. And if I can it'll be in the C8, in Lotus Canyon red with Mazda Velocity red mica wheels. Heaven.

Cheers, Z.

Andy, I really fancy this, but in the lead up to christmas my social secretary (The Mrs) might prefer me to leave myself available, especially on a Friday night.

However, you do have two of my favourite cars in the game among your list, The C8 and the C63 (might have something to do with me being a bit of a C?) so I shall make great efforts to attend. And if I can it'll be in the C8, in Lotus Canyon red with Mazda Velocity red mica wheels. Heaven.

Cheers, Z.

And that is why I stay single! Or so I keep telling my self haha :).
Amazed to see someone liking the Alfa though. I always thought that car was a bit of a handfull. Hope to see you there mate. Know from previous race that you're a top notch driver.

Back