CLOSED: POLL: Secret Santa Competition Week 25 - Winner - Jason_B

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 26 comments

Speed Week

• [URL="http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j470/Nato_77/Comp/SSCW25_4.jpg"][IMG]http://i1087.photobuc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
SSCW25Ban.jpg

Further explaination of the theme as given by ZEROX.

"Since the dawn of the cars, all of the autoheads have had one thing in mind. To be the fastest.
Speed. Now, I want to see what can you guys do with this 'thing' call speed. Whether, you're
racing, hotlapping, spinning or crashing. All i want to see are the pictures of speed.
Good luck my friends.. "

Cars: Any.
Locations: Any.
Phototravel: No.
Unique Restrictions: ZEROX has some advice it would be wise to take note of;-
"Since I want a speed shoot, don't bother me to send a standstill shot. Oh, plus,
think twice about sending a partial colour and minature filter shots to me.
Don't misunderstand, all filters are allowed."

SSC_RulesPMC.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Be reminded that only the Judges favorite 10 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Do not reveal or hint at the identity of any entries
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
  • If you didn't make the poll you are encouraged to post your entry in this thread so
    everyone gets to see all the entries.

It looks like the car is standing still to me.

Really? Oh, I thought the panning mode 1 and 1/60secs shutter speed made it look like it had just flown past... Better luck next time i suppose :P

Really? Oh, I thought the panning mode 1 and 1/60secs shutter speed made it look like it had just flown past... Better luck next time i suppose :P

I know the look you were going for but the car just needed to be going faster.

But I also wasn't the judge.

@Ferrari 458, If you want a "speed" look using 1/60 and panning mode 1 do I suggest a slightly tilted angle. Since taking it from the rear dead on makes it look less "powerful".

I have also taken a shot a bit like that, same car, same track. :lol:

I know everyone likes different stuff, but wow, some pictures really got me thinking how they ended up in the poll.

Anyway, good luck to all in the poll 👍

Glad you havent picked mine ZEROX! ;)
It surely would be out of place here. But at least I tried! :sly:

That was my interpretation of the theme:

Think you all know what I was going for, right!? :)

Nice bmxmitch, that was thinking outside the square 👍

Last edited:
I like it but the colors are very dull, it needs to be higher contrast or brighter. Also the back ground doesn't have as much pop. You hit the car near perfect in my books for a 3/4 angle speed shot. But maybe it needs to be tighter to car as well?

A lot of times I go over board on washing out images, take a shot, and then back them down.

Nice one. Especially with the standard car:tup:

Thanks, was a bit of risk using a standard on a PMC week, but I figured a Speed 12 was good for a Speed Week (apparently not though) :)

Thanks, was a bit of risk using a standard on a PMC week, but I figured a Speed 12 was good for a Speed Week (apparently not though) :)

It's lacking something?

Maybe the background isn't bright enough?

And are you coming off a corner? the front seems a bit high.

It's lacking something?

Maybe the background isn't bright enough?

And are you coming off a corner? the front seems a bit high.

I know what you're saying.

And no corners it's down the first long straight at la Sarthe not far from the breaking zone at the end doing 224 mph at the time and still accelerating!

Not the place to be posting random pictures GTPM118. Just so you know - the other images posted here were entries that were submitted to the judge during the week but not picked for the poll and have been posted so others could see and comment on them.

EDIT: I am away for the weekend so in my absence SVX will announce the winner and contact them for the next theme. I will be back just in time to start the next poll and competition thread. Many thanks SVX. :)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. Have fun with this weeks theme, it's one of the toughest themes I've had to shoot for before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back