Taiwan
SF Bay Area
Yuisan
EYuiSan
Luxgen5-Carscoop9.jpg

Luxgen5-Sedan-02.jpg

Luxgen5-Carscoop19.jpg

Luxgen5-Sedan-Interior.jpg

Taiwan's aspiring new automotive brand Luxgen has adopted the same nomenclature for its range of models that has now been expanded with its first ever four-door sedan, the Luxgen5 that joins the Luxgen7 MPV and Luxgen7 SUV.

%E5%9C%965(8).JPG

The newly revealed Luxgen5 is the production version of the Neora EV concept study that was exhibited at the Auto Shanghai 2011 in China earlier this year.

The Taiwanese automaker says it is targeting the medium-large sedan market with the new Luxgen5 that will make its world premiere at the 2012 Taipei Auto Show this December.

Luxgen5-Carscoop10.jpg

According to Luxgen, the four-door model has been created for global markets in mind since its inception. The chassis has been designed with the support of US engineering analysts Altair, while the car was tested by UK safety organization Mira to meet the chassis configuration requirements of local and overseas markets.

Power comes from a choice of two four-cylinder petrol engines, a 1.8-liter VVT Turbo producing 150HP and 23.5kgm (230Nm) that's matched to a 5-speed automatic transmission, and a 2.0-liter VVT Turbo delivering 170HP and 26.1kgm (256Nm), coupled to a 6-speed automatic from Aisin.

The larger displacement engine allows for 0-100km/h (62mph) sprint time of 8.5 seconds and a top speed of 210km/h (131mph).

2169228547.jpg

Other highlights include a full suite of safety features such as ABS, EBD electronic brake-force distribution, a BAS brake assist system, an ESC electronic stability control system and a TCS traction control system, along with a 'jet fighter-style' HUD display and the LUXGEN THINK+Touch infotainment system developed in collaboration with Taiwanese smartphone maker hTC that comes with a large touchscreen incorporated in the center console.

Luxgen5-Carscoop12.jpg

There will be two base models: The Luxgen 5 Sedan 2.0 and Luxgen 5 Sedan 1.8 model.

Prices start from as low as $690,000 TWD (22,896 USD) for the 1.8 model.

More information and pictures here

Note: Luxgen is a Taiwanese Automaker which started in 2009. The company's lineup currently consists of a SUV and Van (7 SUV and 7 MPV respectively). The 5 Sedan will join the lineup later this month when it makes it's world debut at the Taipei International Auto Show.

LUXGEN%E5%B9%B4%E7%B5%82%E6%84%9F%E6%81%A9%E5%9B%9E%E9%A5%8B%E6%96%B9%E6%A1%88%E9%99%90%E6%99%82%E9%99%90%E9%87%8F%E6%8E%A8%E5%87%BA%E5%BD%B1%E9%9F%B3%E7%89%88%E3%80%81%E9%85%B7%E7%82%AB%E7%89%88.jpg

-EV_cars.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed with the above... it does indeed look like an Accord. But I personally think it's better looking than Hyundais. Hope they could include this in Gran Turismo 6!

Last edited:
I must have missed this thread first time around,

A Taiwanese auto manufacturer going global sounds like an exciting prospect. The country has strong history in the electronics industry and has build quality which rivals countries like South Korea and Japan in all sorts of consumer goods and it will definitely have a head start over mainland Chinese manufacturers.

Looks like a decent car although its screaming Honda!

Actually the one on the right looks very similar to the Peugoet 3008.

3008HYbrid4_1007NC006.jpg

But it doesn't matter, they will find their own design language soon enough.

G.T.Ace
Similarities with Honda aside, these cars don't look bad at all and the interior is impressive.

Yeah I also noticed how good the interior looks, its usually a neglected aspect in young car companies.

Last edited:
The Luxgen5 certainly does look nice inside, especially for a low $22,000 USD. I wonder how smoothly it run's and how easy it would be to get it's power up to maybe 250hp. The smoothness would be more important here as if it has a good ride quality, then that will be an amazing car for said price.

$22,000? That, is cheap. Although, it is from a brand nobody has heard of and we don't know much about handling, reliability, or fuel consumption...

Wow...rebadged "Tawainese" Hondas. Yeah...They're not fooling anyone. Even the badge looks like the Honda badge.

I see the Honda Accord, Honda MPV (which Luxgen calls MPV) and the Honda CR-V

You guys are grasping at straws to say that this looks like anything else.

Frankly, I'm impressed. Is it pretty? No. But it's the best Chinese car so far. Looks like it, anyway. How much is it?

China (Peoples Rebublic Of China) claims Taiwan (Rebublic of China) is part of themselves (PROC), which is which most governments accept. However Taiwan claims there independent and control the mainland.

Last edited:
Wrong nickname in that quote man. :P

:lol: Sorry about that, had a senior moment!

rocco100
China (Peoples Rebublic Of China) claims Taiwan (Rebublic of China) is part of themselves (PROC), which is which most governments accept. However Taiwan claims there independent and control the mainland.

Most countries acknowledge Taiwan as an independent country but their stance is changing due to the rise of China. The US has been co-protecting Taiwan for like half a century and this has caused mainly relation problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-American_Mutual_Defense_Treaty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Relations_Act

I certainly wouldn't class them as 'Chinese', they are Taiwanese and proud of having entirely different culture and history from the mainland. Anyway, hats off to them breaking into the auto market.

Last edited:
Actually, they're closer to Acuras:

tsx_615x300_2012_coupe_01.jpg

acura-rdx-01.jpg

But Acura doesn't have a minivan. That's just a rebadged MPV. (BTW, that is the least creative name for a car ever. Multiple Person Vehicle? Really? That describes about 98% of cars, huh?)

The front end is such a blatant ripoff of the Hyundai i30, that it can hardly be described as a coincidence. Just look at the fog lights, their shape, as well as the headlights and grille.

The overall design is also pretty much identical to the 2008+ Subaru Tribeca.

10466594.jpeg

luxgen-suv.jpg

Back