Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
SSCW30Ban.jpg

Further explaination of the theme by bmxmitch.

"Kaz gives us finally some new VW's to play with.
Personally, I'm very stoked about it, because I drove both of them (the Golf and Scirocco).
Unfortunately we dont have them yet, but I want you to make me want them even more.
So show me any of the VW's GT5 already offers. The Golf1, Karmann, whatever you want to.
Just no Schwimm- or Kubelwagen."

Cars: Any VW's (Standard or premium) NO Kubelwagen/Schwimmwagen and no
Golf RM version.
Locations: Any, BUT preferably City tracks or the Nordschleife or similar racetracks.
Phototravel: No.
Unique Restrictions: As said, no Kubelwagen/Schwimmwagen or Golf RM version.

SSC_Rules-2.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Entries for the competition this week must be sent to the Judge bmxmitch Via
    Private Message and not posted in this thread, any pics posted in this thread will not be
    considered for the poll. Use the Submit Entry button to ensure your entry goes to the judge.
  • Your PM must consist of a preview image no bigger than 500px at the largest side with a
    direct link to the full size image.
  • Your first entry will be your last, you will not be allowed to change your entry so be happy
    with it.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • Do not use a photo from your Gallery or post your photo shoot in your Gallery until after
    the competition (and poll if you made it) has closed.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Winner chooses the following week's theme and becomes Judge for that week.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Judge will select the top 10 entries and PM to the Host for the poll.
  • The poll entries will then all be hosted by me so that links cannot be traced to the owner
    of the photo.
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
SSC_Editing-2.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:

• Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5.
  • Add a signature or personal watermark.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:

• Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!
SSC_Deadline-2.jpg

Saturday 24.12.11

SSC_PrizeCar30.jpg

Please note that the competition closes a day earlier this week the due Christmas being on Sunday.

Last edited:
You can use any track you like, just bmxmitch had stated his preferance. ;)

So no Golf R and Scirocco R Mitchy ?

NINJA EDIT : Hey Nato, is that my pic in the "theme" banner on top ? If it is : YAAAAYYYY :cheers:

....Sooooo - 2.0 rules? That's what I think the banner is trying to tell me but best to make sure. 👍

If we can do 2.0 versions, I'll get an erection.

EDIT: I should've read this properly, now I regret entering without editing!

Eh? I'm confuse now...

"Kaz gives us finally some new VW's to play with.
Personally, I'm very stoked about it, because I drove both of them (the Golf and Scirocco).
Unfortunately we dont have them yet, but I want you to make me want them even more.
So show me any of the VW's GT5 already offers. The Golf1, Karmann, whatever you want to.
Just no Schwimm- or Kubelwagen."

the new DLC is not out yet so it is not something ALREADY OFFERED. meaning he wants you not to use them.

hopefully he can clear this up.

the new DLC is not out yet so it is not something ALREADY OFFERED. meaning he wants you not to use them.

hopefully he can clear this up.
I see what you're saying, but it also says: Cars: Any VW's (Standard or premium) NO Kubelwagen/Schwimmwagen and no
Golf RM version.
So this will need to be clarified :)

Ok guys,

Time to clarify this a bit. Sorry if so many things are unclear (I wasn't thinking alot about the theme here in Spain:rolleyes: )

You can use ALL TRACKS and ALL VW CARS (including the new DLC cars) But still, no RM version or Kubel- Schwimmwagen!

I think that makes it way easier for everyone and drags a bit more attention to the SSC (hopefully).
Also, I know everyone wants to drive the new cars and take photos from them. So, why not, right?

I just don't want a poll with only Golf6's and Sciroccos....:scared:
So maybe try some others too.

Have fun! :)

Now that Mitch already clarify it. My intention to use what car and what track already appear on my mind. Oh yeah babeh! :D

Sorry for going off topic but what does the OP mean when mentioning Kaz and the scirocco etc?

Sorry for going off topic but what does the OP mean when mentioning Kaz and the scirocco etc?

there are new VW's included in a dlc car pack that is due to come out tomorrow. click news at the top of the page to check it out(4th down with the pic of the toyota 86). we are getting the new scirocco and golf R

I have this one picture that i want to enter into the PMC and this. since this is 2.0 can i enter the unedited version into PMC and an edited one into this. i know your not supposed to use the same image in more than one competition but it is technically two different images.

there are new VW's included in a dlc car pack that is due to come out tomorrow. click news at the top of the page to check it out(4th down with the pic of the toyota 86). we are getting the new scirocco and golf R
Again sorry for going off topic, thanks for clearing this up, ive just read it and the VWs are the only decent things in there, clearly PD isnt catching on that we already have enough GTRs.

Is there more than 1 car allowed in a picture if both happen to be the same Volkswagen?

Again sorry for going off topic, thanks for clearing this up, ive just read it and the VWs are the only decent things in there, clearly PD isnt catching on that we already have enough GTRs.

the best is being able to put different rims on standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back