CLOSED: GT5 Photomode/Photoshop Competition - Week 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
43header.jpg

Miklad was selected as the Judge's Choice winner last week, and he decided that this week ought to be a Manipulation Week.

Miklad also scored a win in the public vote, and the theme he has selected is The Car is the Star!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 41 Winner, Miklad:

Basically, take any car that has appeared on screen (TV & Movie) and recreate it in GT5.

Loads to choose from - Bond Cars, General Lee, Minis etc... heck, even some really obscure stuff. Entries must be 'shopped to make them authentic (say add skis to the Esprit in 'For Your Eyes Only)... and also entries must be named after the TV/Movie they appear in (so I can google some obscure ones).

And remember... be creative and have fun!

pscomprulesn2manip.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Each entry must have some part from a Photomode picture from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
  • Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
  • Public vote winners also get to select the top 12 entries for the poll the following week.
  • When selecting the top 12 entries the following week, the theme chooser will also select a
    "Judge's Choice" winner, the entry which they feel has best captured the theme.
  • The Judge's Choice winner gets to choose whether the following week will be either a
    Graphics Week or a Manipulation Week.
  • A graphics week will be primarily graphic design and layout based, for example magazine
    covers, or movie posters.
  • A manipulation week will be primarily based on photo manipulation, for example creating
    race cars in game, or making multi-car composites.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!

pscompeditingn2.jpg

Being a Photoshop competition, there are no limits on editing. Use every tool at your disposal to
create the desired effect. Feel free to utilise HDR techniques, photo stitching, whatever you like!
Your only real restriction is that you must use some part of a GT5 Photomode image!
The main thing to remember is to be creative and have fun!

pscompdeadlinen2.jpg

New wishlist for GT5:
I want the Mach 5 from Speed Racer. :lol:

This will be interesting. I'm excited to see what people come up with.

Competition News
PS Comp is back for 2012! As I mentioned in the poll, we're back to regular programming after a bit of a break over Christmas/New Years.

Now, in the Discussion thread the idea of a "3.0" competition was proposed as a way to allow people to use HDR/panorama/any other 'advanced' Photoshop tricks they like to enhance their photos that may fall outside the rules of the 2.0 comp.

Instead of a 'regular' Photoshop comp week next week, I propose that a trial of this '3.0' format is run, with a photography focused theme and complete photoshop freedom for enhancing your photos. Any suggestions/thoughts/criticisms/etc?

DMC delorean will be overused.

It so happens I was expecting to see this kind of theme so I had a car pre made.

Already got an idea in my head ;) Really liking the theme 👍

Yes! I predicted right!

Don't suppose I can use this right? :P

I'm kinda tempted to do a bond car.

I'll leave it up to Miklad as to whether the TRON viper is eligible... I'd lean towards no because (unless I missed it <.<) there was no Viper in TRON :P

Keep in mind though that proper entries must have a preview no bigger than 500 pixels on the widest edge!

Must it be an exact replica of stuff on the TV?
I mean, can we change the car on TV for something else? E.G. The Bond DB5 for another car?

Well, there enough cars in GT5 that have appeared on screen in some way or another, so I would prefer it if you stuck to authentic models.

Like the example 'For Your Eyes Only': take an S2 Esprit in red/brown, stick it on Chimonix (sp?), then add some skis in PShop.

That kinda thing.

Make sense?

Oh and if your entry is a bit obscure, make sure to give it the name of the TV/Movie the car appears in, so I can google it...

:)

(By the way - has anyone seen 'Diamonds Are Forever? ;) )

Well, there enough cars in GT5 that have appeared on screen in some way or another, so I would prefer it if you stuck to authentic models.

Like the example 'For Your Eyes Only': take an S2 Esprit in red/brown, stick it on Chimonix (sp?), then add some skis in PShop.

That kinda thing.

Make sense?

Oh and if your entry is a bit obscure, make sure to give it the name of the TV/Movie the car appears in, so I can google it...

:)

(By the way - has anyone seen 'Diamonds Are Forever? ;) )

You mean the Espirt Sub?

You mean the Espirt Sub?

The Esprit Sub was an Esprit S1, The car James Bond got from Q branch in For Your Eyes Only was an S2 which is in GT5.

Question. What if we only really need to add a numberplate obviously so long as its the authentic one ?

Last edited:
I have a great idea that i dont know if i can pull off but i hope no one takes it before i finish!

The Esprit Sub was an Esprit S1, The car James Bond got from Q branch in For Your Eyes Only was an S2 which is in GT5.

Question. What if we only really need to add a numberplate obviously so long as its the authentic one ?

Yes yes yes... add ANYTHING! Just make it as authentic to the TV/Movie as possible. Heck, even add stripes and stuff. ANYTHING - scenery included. The car must be from GT5 though...

Competition News
Now, in the Discussion thread the idea of a "3.0" competition was proposed as a way to allow people to use HDR/panorama/any other 'advanced' Photoshop tricks they like to enhance their photos that may fall outside the rules of the 2.0 comp.

Instead of a 'regular' Photoshop comp week next week, I propose that a trial of this '3.0' format is run, with a photography focused theme and complete photoshop freedom for enhancing your photos. Any suggestions/thoughts/criticisms/etc?

This sounds great - gets a 👍 from me.

Yes yes yes... add ANYTHING! Just make it as authentic to the TV/Movie as possible. Heck, even add stripes and stuff. ANYTHING - scenery included. The car must be from GT5 though...

The car has to be from GT5?

Working on a good idea - COMPLETELY ORIGINAL and i swear to god i will slaughter any one who either beats me to it or copies me.

I am going to enter this week's competition. I have never entered the photoshop competition before, but I have been practicing with Photoshop a bit now and why not give it a shot.

et viola.

This didn't take me as long as i thought it would...

The Italian Job

Sorry for the SUPER small thumbnail, i uploaded the picture to Photobucket rather than my flickr and i honestly have no idea how to resize for a thumbnail without having to use the websites "edit" feature which will edit the original file.

Obviously - 3 separate pictures shooped together, some curve filters and thrown some noise in there for good measure.

Last edited:
Nice entry - please remember though that you need to have a preview image of no more than 500 pixels across linking to your full size entry!

Cool theme !
I just took several shots of different cars and I'll see what I can do with them 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back