How to "Unlock" Lens Flares & Ghosting

• Thread starter gtuned
  • 12 comments
United States
New York
GO6DoRiFUt0
gtun3d
Okay, So if you look with most new pictures, they feature bloom, ghosting and lens flares, but if You were like me, alot of tracks didn't have any. But I've recently figured out a way to unlock it on tracks, and it's quite simple, but with some tracks you have to do it each time you enter photomode.
1. Pause the replay
2. Enter photomode
3. Enter the settings/viewfinder.
4. Go to effects
5. Switch Monochrome on, then off
6. exit until you reach the replay, but don't resume the replay
7. go back to photomode, and Lens Flare/bloom should appear, if it doesn't 3-6 and it should appear.
If anyone could let me know if this works right, or if it was just luck with me.​

Is this what do you mean ?

6660301093_d098080c65_b.jpg

:sly:

Yes that, but with some tracks, Like Tokyo, Tsukuba and Toscana, the effects wouldn't appear unless you did those steps.

I've noticed none of the tracks have bloom anymore for me. Strange...
Thank's for the tip! I'll give it a go. 👍

I found it by accident. Didn't like it much. The only way to have any control over it was to alter your position - so the shot that I wanted was affected by these horrible smudgy rings. If it had a way to on/off, sharpen/blur and resize the lens flare, that would be very good.

Ohhh! So there is a system. I thought they just magically appear sometimes after you change the filter.:D

Not sure if this has been posted already.

There is a way to do this the other way round too. For example, I visited the Kart track with my LP670-4 SV and the effects (mostly the reflections on the lens) were annoying me quite much on some angles, so I played around with the settings and found this out:

If lens flare is usually activated on a track and you want to deactivate it to take better pictures, go to the filters, select "black and white" (also works with some other filters), than go back to normal, and the lens flare should be away. If it doesn't work with black & white try the cold one for example. Miniature also works I think.

To get the effects back just exit the photomode and re-enter it or select the "warm" filter which will re-activate the effects too.

Hope this helps some people who don't like the new effects. I like them, but sometimes they are too extreme for my taste, and this little "glitch" helps me then.

Back