CLOSED: POLL: CCCL Competition: Week 43 - WINNER: ijkhk4

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 27 comments

A Big Cat in the City

• [URL="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7005/6636569371_1015c449aa_b.jpg"][IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
CCCLW43Ban.jpg

Further explanation of the theme by CCShaft7:

"Well I'm actually spending the New Year festivities in the 'Big Smoke' right now so to keep it
local I'd like you to take the Jag for a cruise up the West End.
Mods allowed but no rear wings please."

CAR: Jaguar XKR Coupe '10

gtp_cccl_rules_01.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.

This Thread has everything you need to know.

• Be reminded that only the Judge's favourite 15 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, a small delay in the poll actually going up - waiting on a replacement poll entry for Beccosinho's which would have been there, but now isn't. As I'm at work and my lunch break is finished I may not get back to this for a few hours.

EDIT: Received a PM from CCShaft7 just as I was about to turn off the computer, so I've extended my break and got the poll done. :)

Last edited:
6635385073_147459b1f9.jpg

Any feedback please, and also, can you tell me exactly what type of photos are you looking in CCCL competitions?

I wouldn't say my shot was poll material, but still...feedback, anyone?

Any feedback please, and also, can you tell me exactly what type of photos are you looking in CCCL competitions?

Btw, nfdids, I really liked your shot, even better than some that are in the poll...It's not easy to take pictures in London and you still managed to balance the colors of the car's surroundings pretty well...but, hey, that's just me...

Btw, nfdids, I really liked your shot, even better than some that are in the poll...It's not easy to take pictures in London and you still managed to balance the colors of the car's surroundings pretty well...but, hey, that's just me...
Thanks!!!:)

I don't want to sound like the bad guy or anything but i think some of the photos in the pool don't show very much London while others acctualy were better but this is just my opinion....

Last edited:

I don't mean to sound cocky, but I thought I had a pretty decent chance at this week's poll.
But please, do criticize away!

feedback please

CCCL Week 43 by f1_stig, on Flickr

It's just too cropped on the car. If the idea was to present the car, and london, this didn't do it very well. It could have been taken on the Top Gear Test Track for all we know.

The car isn't really the main focus it seems. Just peeking in the front of the picture, and not very much at that. There are ways to capture the front end of a car but this isn't a very good example. Not to mention it's dark and mostly of the London street, if it is London (I'm not doubting you but like I said before it might as well have been taken elsewhere because you wouldn't be able to tell the difference)

I don't mean to sound cocky, but I thought I had a pretty decent chance at this week's poll.
But please, do criticize away!

Not bad but maybe a bit dark..

The car isn't really the main focus it seems. Just peeking in the front of the picture, and not very much at that. There are ways to capture the front end of a car but this isn't a very good example. Not to mention it's dark and mostly of the London street, if it is London (I'm not doubting you but like I said before it might as well have been taken elsewhere because you wouldn't be able to tell the difference)

Thanks! I agree with pretty much everything. Except the last part about "if it is London...". The idea was to show the Trafalgar Square sign on the ground. But I do agree it was poorly executed. Thanks for the feedback Corey

I mean I wasn't saying it wasn't London, but it could be any street course by looking at it

I got that!! I just thought Trafalgar would be a nice symbol, a big reference...whatever...

But you're right, I didn't point to a landmark building or anything like that...

The first shot is perfect.

Racing Green Jag with the Union Flag. Theme answered in one shot.

👍

Closed and the winner by a substantial margin is ijkhk4!

Congratulations! :)

Congrats ijkhk4. great shot that really summed up the theme 👍👍

Send me a 'Friend Request' on my PSN and we'll sort out getting your 'prize car' to you :) ....again well done mate.

Why you don't give any feedbacks on the not choosen photos?

Thanks everyone for the vote and CCShaft for the prize car :)

Really can't wait for the Jaguar LM and the Aston Martin and run them on the Route X track :drool:

Why you don't give any feedbacks on the not choosen photos?

Been away from home/PC nearly all week, and lot of the other time spent on 3.0 entry:crazy:.

Regarding your entry the shot would have probably made the poll minus the 'backfire' :indiff: it was a close one but minor things like that can sway a decision. Its only a preference thing and not a criticsm.... I have done loads of shots that don't suit a particular judge because each one is looking and not looking for certain things. A good shot nonetheless :)

You bestride this poll ijkhk4:tup: (I still have to copy/paste your name...all the time:P)

Congrats to another win. Looking forward to your car choice. Aventador? Beetle? Maybe? :scared:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back