Next online race.. 50%? 100%? What track? What assists? You Decide!

• Thread starter joetoml1n
  • 59 comments
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire, England.
I know these events are quite popular so i think we should do another. But i want to open these events up to more people. I know a lot of people have been put off before by the length of a race or the assist restrictions. So this is what i propose.. I leave it up to you lot to decide the regulations we race to.

Submit your preference on Track, whether you would prefer 50 or 100% distance, and what assist you would like enabled/disabled (although i feel TC should be set no higher than medium, in order to provide some challenge), and your chosen team. The majority on each option wins, so hopefully most people will be catered for at some level. And as some assists may be left enabled, I would recommend that the die hard 100% simulation racers don't apply.

Set regulations:
-Rules and Flags will be set to Realistic
-Tyre Wear and Fuel Consumption will be enabled
-Collisions will be enabled
-Damage will be set to Full
-There will be a Qualifying Session before the race
-Safety Car will be Enabled
-Car performance will be set to equal.
-Automatic or Manual is permitted.
-Corner line is permitted.

Race will be next Saturday evening (4th). Time will probably be 10 or 11 UK Time in order to incorporate our US friends, althought like most things in this event, its open to debate. We've got a week to finalise details. I will close the voting on Friday morn, and finalise settings/track/participants, ahead of the race on Saturday.

Last edited:
Okay so my prefernces would be :

50% distance
Medium TC
and i've voted for my track above.. :)
RBR for my team.

But like i said, it's not all down to me. Get your votes for track and settings in, and lets make this happen! :)

Last edited:
Singapore

- 100%
- No ABS
- No TCS
- Automatic gearbox
- Cornering line

That way people without paddles attached to their wheels (DFGT, anyone?) can participate.

Would like to blow the cobwebs off this game!

Don't mind track,
Don't mind car (especially if all the same)
I'm ashamed to say unless you want to laugh at my lead foot then TC to at least medium, sorry. All other assists may jump though.
Don't mind auto allowed for reason mentioned in above post but I will be using manual on G27.
As for race distance I'm up for a long one, I've never done a 100% race on F1 2011, would be wicked with the right people!

Feel free to add me, my PSN is the same as my screen name on here!

Mr. S
Singapore

- 100%
- No ABS
- No TCS
- Automatic gearbox
- Cornering line

That way people without paddles attached to their wheels (DFGT, anyone?) can participate.

I agree with this, however I use a DFGT on manual just fine.

I would prefer Monaco to Singapore however I understand Monaco can be quite laggy for some.

Yeah Monaco would be ace. Singapore would still make a cracking race though :)

Just a shame lots of people (read: me included) are having frame rate issues in Monaco and others are having 30 fps all the time. :(

Just a shame lots of people (read: me included) are having frame rate issues in Monaco and others are having 30 fps all the time. :(

Yeah, mine is usually okay at Monaco, but sometimes it can get rough.

Just curious, what are the plans for AI? I'm okay with some however please note: Petrov at Monaco = DEATH TO US ALL!!!

Not exaggerating.

jcm
Yeah, mine is usually okay at Monaco, but sometimes it can get rough.

Just curious, what are the plans for AI? I'm okay with some however please note: Petrov at Monaco = DEATH TO US ALL!!!

Not exaggerating.

Guess it all depends how many people show up, as to how many AI drivers we put on. Hopefully we won't need many at all, or any!! :)

I'll take the McLaren aswell if no one else wants it. Otherwise a Lotus (either) would be good too.

jcm
I'll take the McLaren aswell if no one else wants it. Otherwise a Lotus (either) would be good too.

No probs!:) They'll be set to equal anyway, so it's all down to, what you think the best looking is ;)

Can you make it saturday next week? Or after the 6th.

Well i'd like to play this weekend, So we can arrange another event for next weekend as well ? I'd be happy to play regularly! :) If we get a a good turn out this weekend, I'll create another thread on Sunday for the next one.

I'd like to join, my preferences would be
100%
No TCS
No ABS
Automatic Gearbox
Corner line

But if the race is on this saturday I can only make it 5:30-6:30 pm UK time (damn the huge time difference between the 2 countries).

My car preference would be Mercedes GP

Getting near the day now, and i'll probably close the poll tomorrow before finalising the details ahead of Saturdays race..

Soo.. Can everyone still make it??! :) and if you haven't already, get your votes in!

Yeah probably, it suits the majority of people i think. If anyone has any suggestions though, please let me know...

10:30pm would be better, for me at least. I'll have to work on Sunday, got to get up around 7:45am at the latest.

That's alright then, i won't be able to make it then, but if there will be a race next saturday, should be fine.
Hope you have a good turn out.

Think I'm still on for this. Never know last minute at the weekends though.

I'm really intrigued to see how this race goes with all the different settings everyone's using. Just to confirm; it's not auto gears only is it, I can still use manual?!

Can't wait, although I've just realised I will have to install the two ps3 patches since I deliberately kept my game 'out of date' because I'd heard such bad things about updates, can anyone confirm?

Back