CLOSED: POLL: PTournament: Round 1 - 2.0 side

Photomode Tournament Round 1: 2.0 Side

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

54119771.jpg

First round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either: PMC or 2.0

[Click to raise dashboard]

20match1.jpg

Show your car(s) flying through the air.
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Car must not be touching the ground.

20match2.jpg

Show off any muscle car
CARS: Any Muscle car
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

20match3.jpg

Ruf cars anywhere
CARS: Any Ruf car.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above.

20match4.jpg

Pick 2 cars, either complete opposites or sister cars, have one black, one white, and shoot it.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Only two cars visible

20match5.jpg

The picture must feature the car and snow.
CARS: Any Snow track

20match6.jpg

Find a scenic place on any track, park your ride and take a shot PhotoTravel style.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: One static car in shot.

20match7.jpg

Give your first car another run out.
CARS: Any Level 0 and below 20000 Cr.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Must be cars that you would be able to buy at the very start of the game, at Level 0 and 20000 Cr.

20match8.jpg

Any and all cars must be photographed doing a controlled drift, or just giving the corner a dab of oppo.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above, no rally

20match9.jpg

GT5 Opening Movie
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Shoot a car/location combination based on a sequence/freeze frame from GT5's Opening Movie.

20match10.jpg

There is more to a racing team than the driver. Show some love'n to the Pit Crew!
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Must have a Pit Crew Member(s) in the picture. Car is optional.

20match11.jpg

Based on My Little Pony, have 2 bronies model their favorite pony into any GT5 car.

20match12.jpg

Two cars, same model, 20 years apart
CARS: Any that have an older model
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Must have 2 cars of the same model that are at least 20 years apart.

Winner by default: rpanico14

20match13.jpg

Light up the dark night
CARS: Any with light
LOCATIONS: Any night track
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Lights must be on.

20match14.jpg

Let the evil side come out, wreck your opponents and create the nastiest crash in GT History.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: At least two cars must be visible.

20match15.jpg

Shoot any car from 2010
CARS: '10 Car
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See Above

20match16.jpg

All cars must be on either 2 or 3 wheels. If your car is totally on or off of the ground it's not acceptable.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See Above

ruleshz.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. You can vote in as many entries you want;
  • Do not vote on your entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • Do not post your photo elsewhere until poll closes;
  • Do not tell which is your photo until poll closes;
  • Only the 32 most voted will get through next round
  • In the event of a tie, host vote will be the deciding factor;
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting;
  • If there is any problem, regarding entries, please, report to me via P.M.

deadlineatnakl.jpg

Last edited:
For everyone who is new to this: It is easy to figure out whose is whose this time. Remember to vote for only 1 photo out of each pairing. You can vote for the themes you like as well and it's encouraged. It is best to view the full size version of each entry before voting. And it's accepted to say you really like a shot but try to hold the critiquing to a minimum until after the polls have closed.

Best Wishes everyone!

Those are some seriously stunning images. :bowdown:
And wow, ceiling_fan, it feels like our entries are fairly different.

Holy **** Sam, your entry is amazing, I think I can congratulate you already on your win! How did you get such a low angle? I only got high angles.

Great entries everybody. The quality level is through the roof!

Holy **** Sam, your entry is amazing, I think I can congratulate you already on your win! How did you get such a low angle? I only got high angles.

It looks like that one is taken at the Nürburgring GP, and then at the most front-positioned pit crew, I think it's possible to take such shots there if you stand by the pit exit and look inwards into the pit.

SO MUCH AMAZING.
Also how can i decide just one in each match...
Me vs. Zerox is gonna be a nail biter that's for sure...

Last edited:
I'm glad I didn't enter 2.0 side :lol:

One thing I personally didn't like about some entries was that a sig was ingluced.

I feel that some people will see familiar names and just go "oh he does good photos. vote."

..or something like that :lol:

(remember, it's just my opinion 👍 )

Glad you entered one new shot nanabu! :)👍
And when I first saw it, I thought it would be much closer by now. TBH, I was really surprised to lead it so clear already. :dunce:

Also, personally I like signatures pretty much. They give the whole picture a special touch. Same goes for borders and stuff.
It just makes it nicer to look at. What shouldnt affect the quality of a good shot of course...;)

And the malediction of Round 1 continues...
But no regrets, I was up against one of the best and SlipZ's shot is clearly better than mine ;)
Bravo ! :)

Some stunning entries here! They put mine to shame, I'm still not happy with it :lol:

Nice Yellow Bird Klaus 👍

When does the next tournament start? :grumpy:

Also, personally I like signatures pretty much. They give the whole picture a special touch. Same goes for borders and stuff.
It just makes it nicer to look at. What shouldnt affect the quality of a good shot of course...;)

Well, i'm just saying.. :dunce:

This thread is brimming with great, great pictures. And, yes, I did not say poll, because it is - in my opinion - worth to mention that rpanico14 did a very good job, as well. :)

Oh and SlipZtrEm, I see nothing supporting the fact your entry was produced in just one hour. ;)

Nice Yellow Bird Klaus 👍

When does the next tournament start? :grumpy:

Thanks, yours was a great shot. I love the retro feel, I'm surprised you haven't received more votes. Tournaments seem to be run every 3-4 months.

@bmxmitch, did our RUF pics impress you :lol:

Thanks for the votes fellas! By the way, why do people vote for the banner? Just out of curiosity :)

The quality in this tournament and work behind it is very high, (the extra round is killing me, hopefully the extra work will decrease in next rounds.

Oh and rpanico14 entry is amazing, really hard to beat.

And in case no one guessed :P :

My_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_twilight_sparkle.jpeg

The quality in this tournament and work behind it is very high, (the extra round is killing me, hopefully the extra work will decrease in next rounds.

Oh and rpanico14 entry is amazing, really hard to beat.

And in case no one guessed :P :

My_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_twilight_sparkle.jpeg

Were can I see rpanico's entry then? I seem to overlook it.

Fantastic entry Rpanico 👍

And fantastic entries everyone!!!

Last edited:

Great entries everybody. The quality level is through the roof!

There's actually a method to this. In the dream car race at the Nurburbring 24H (In A-Spec event list), everyone pits at the end of lap one. The leader (A Ford GT Race car) pulled ahead, and finished its pitstop right as everyone else came in. So to get the shot I got, I locked my camera to the Ford GT, then entered photomode (Giving me the ability to walk around since he was already out of the pits). Then I simply walked back to the end of the pit lane, giving me much more control over the shot.

So am I :sly:

ohh, and btw. Both RUF shots are way too good! Love them, especially the quality of Klaus's! Thats a premium!!!!

Thanks, yours was a great shot. I love the retro feel, I'm surprised you haven't received more votes. Tournaments seem to be run every 3-4 months.

@bmxmitch, did our RUF pics impress you :lol:

Thanks for the votes fellas! By the way, why do people vote for the banner? Just out of curiosity :)

Thanks BMX and Klaus, but to be honest the better one is winning 👍

Back