*Video Pre-Review added* Paddle shifter attachment for the DFGT.

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 32 comments
Mexico
GTP_Coxis
Coxis
UPDATE August 2013

You can now buy these on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CKBBELQ/?tag=gtplanet-20

OP

I nearly fainted when I looked at these at the iRacing forums. These appear to be sold in Japan only for now. I have a set of Gran Turgismo paddle shifters and I'm very happy with them, but this just looks so clean and streamlined. Almost like the wheel came like that out of the box. They're just beautiful.

Looks like Kevin has some new competition. :)

UPDATE: 03/15/12

Video pre-review from Todd Bettenhausen from the iRacing forums. Looks good so far.

--- OP

Ordering page: http://rsf.co.jp/paddle_system/

3680 which is around $47 USD.

Last edited:
Question is, when do you cross the money line making upgrades to a DFGT that says you should have bought a G27 instead?

Good question. I think it depends on your needs. Myself? I'm in love with my DFGT wheel. The wheel is amazing, the lighted horn button is both fun when fooling around and looks good at night. The rotary dial can be useful in other PC sims and the barrage of buttons is good to have.

The pedals? They suck bad, so I bought me a set of ECCIs. Couldn't be happier, I have a very good wheel with lots of buttons and a killer set of pedals that are compatible with both my PC as standalone and my PS3 for GT5.

The paddles? Complete lack of it. With either this or the Gran Turgismo paddles, you overcome one of the two major flaws of the wheel.

Even if you bought your DFGT at full retail price ($150) this upgrade costs around $50. It would still be cheaper than a G2X and you will have effectively narrowed the differences between the two wheels.

Even if you bought your DFGT at full retail price ($150) this upgrade costs around $50. It would still be cheaper than a G2X and you will have effectively narrowed the differences between the two wheels.

Except for the pedals. :)

Don't get me wrong, I have a DFGT and am stuck with it for the time being. Have already purchased the Gran Turgismo paddles and have bungee cords on the pedals. Works okay. 👍

Sorry I worded that wrong. Adding paddles to the wheels does narrow the differences between the two wheels, but obviously not completely. The pedals do suck.

Gdog,

They make ECCI pedal versions compatible with Logitech wheels. These include the Momo, DFP, DFGT, G25 and G27. They plug in directly to these wheels, and since the wheels are compatible with PS3, well, you understand the rest.

As far as I know, there isn't a single set of standalone pedals compatible with PS3, most likely due to PS3 limitations.

I stand corrected.

Love the paddle upgrade though. They look great for the DFGT users among us. Maybe there is one among the community that could take orders and send them around and such for the people who want them.

Last edited:
Gdog,

They make ECCI pedal versions compatible with Logitech wheels. These include the Momo, DFP, DFGT, G25 and G27. They plug in directly to these wheels, and since the wheels are compatible with PS3, well, you understand the rest.

As far as I know, there isn't a single set of standalone pedals compatible with PS3, most likely due to PS3 limitations.

Yup, just had a look at there website, nice to know they exist, but anyway, I kinda highjacked the thread abit here....lol

Although I already have the Gran Turgismo shifters on order, I e-mailed the website for information regarding international availability.

This is nice and would have come in handy when I still had my DFGT. BUT, $47 is a pretty steep price. I would pay somewhere around $25; certainly not $50.

Coxis

For the price of a Sixaxis controller you could easily convert DFGT pedals into wireless standalone pedals... Not sure quite why you'd need them to be wireless or why you'd want to spend money on DFGT pedals, but still, standalone pedals.

Also if you got a set of G2x pedals from somewhere you could convert them to work with a DFGT, minus the clutch pedal. If only there were a clutch button assignment in GT5, you could have sweet standalone pedals made from a G2x set. Still, this is the sim where you have to hold a button to reverse, even with the old official wheels (I'm sure the Thrustmaster is the new official wheel, might be mistaken).

Also, sweet paddles. If I weren't strongly considering the purchase of a G27 I'd get a set for my DFP.

For the price of a Sixaxis controller you could easily convert DFGT pedals into wireless standalone pedals... Not sure quite why you'd need them to be wireless or why you'd want to spend money on DFGT pedals, but still, standalone pedals.

Also if you got a set of G2x pedals from somewhere you could convert them to work with a DFGT, minus the clutch pedal. If only there were a clutch button assignment in GT5, you could have sweet standalone pedals made from a G2x set. Still, this is the sim where you have to hold a button to reverse, even with the old official wheels (I'm sure the Thrustmaster is the new official wheel, might be mistaken).

I don't need pedals, I have a set of ECCIs.

Yes, I know, I was just saying that standalone pedals can exist if someone were to require them. Now that I read it back I realise I should've just gone to sleep, I had been awake for about 20 hours at that point...

How do you do this? How how how? Please share. Just curious, not that I need wireless pedals.

How do you do this? How how how? Please share. Just curious, not that I need wireless pedals.

Pull a Sixaxis apart, break it out (solder wires to the connector between the main board and the flexible PCB with the button contacts on), wire the pedal potentiometers to, say, L2 and R2, hide the Sixaxis board inside the pedal box with a button wired to the PS button on the outside of the case, and I suppose you should mount a USB connector on there somewhere for charging.

Then just turn on your PS3, plug your wheel in and press the PS button on the pedals, the controller can be used at the same time as the wheel for everything except steering (but that's ok, because you have a wheel plugged in) so you can have standalone wireless pedals.

It's really easy so I might make a temporary set soon (I only have one broken out controller at the moment) to show off around here.

Pull a Sixaxis apart, break it out (solder wires to the connector between the main board and the flexible PCB with the button contacts on), wire the pedal potentiometers to, say, L2 and R2, hide the Sixaxis board inside the pedal box with a button wired to the PS button on the outside of the case, and I suppose you should mount a USB connector on there somewhere for charging.

Then just turn on your PS3, plug your wheel in and press the PS button on the pedals, the controller can be used at the same time as the wheel for everything except steering (but that's ok, because you have a wheel plugged in) so you can have standalone wireless pedals.

It's really easy so I might make a temporary set soon (I only have one broken out controller at the moment) to show off around here.
Got it. Thanks. Hmm, use toe to turn the PS3 on and off eh? :) One thing, this dual controller, ie. controller plus wheel setup, does it work only for GT5 or do other games such as Dirt support it too?

Got it. Thanks. Hmm, use toe to turn the PS3 on and off eh? :) One thing, this dual controller, ie. controller plus wheel setup, does it work only for GT5 or do other games such as Dirt support it too?

Oh yeah, I forgot other games exist. As far as I know only GT5 lets you do that, so it would only work with GT5... To be honest my PS3 is just a GT5 machine now so I completely forgot about that one tiny detail!

Aaaaanyway, back on topic...

Sorry for hijacking this thread. To make amends here's some info from iRacing forum re the paddles:

They have only one option for oversea customer - bank transfer.
I think that If you can pay them purchase and shipping costs through bank transfer, you can get them, maybe.

BANK Account details: Well, I won't post them here. PM me if you need it.

-purchase item: Paddle System for Driving Force GT 3,680 yen
-shipment costs: Asia 2050 yen, AUS/NZ/USA/CA/Mexico/India etc. 2,750 yen, UK/FR/NL etc. Europe 3,200 yen, Other 6,300 yen
*their transport
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/kokusaitakkyubin/kokusaitakkyubin.html

Their package is 26cm x 16cm x 8cm, weight is 300g.

i am just happy that after 4 years plus since released in dec 2007
the dfgt still going strong with support

all it need now is a component upgrade to improve the pedals feel

some thought on this early rev

now it seems to me like a red frog/bear wearing sunglasses
the top two screw could be redesigned to be clip style to be more streamlined
instead of two "ears like" design it is now

but that just me ranting

Back