CLOSED: GT5 Photomode/Photoshop Competition - Week 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
52header.jpg

RED3MON was selected as the Judge's Choice winner last week, and he decided that this week ought to be a Manipulation Week.

RED3MON also scored a win in the public vote, and the theme he has selected is Absolute One Off!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 50 Winner, RED3MON:

This year at the Geneva Auto Show, Lamborghini debuted their Aventador J to the world, This car is an absolute one-off: a one-of-a-kind piece of art.
It combines the overwhelming performance of the Lamborghini Aventador with the most intense experience of power and dynamics imaginable in an automobile.
For this week's Photoshop Competition, I want you to design and create "The Ultimate One off" automobile. You can choose any premium car in game to create The Ultimate One off, so bring your inner designer and your "A" game, because I will be asking all participants to show their work in a tasteful manner. Also, I know this week is going to be a very hard or harsh for some, that's why I will throw in 2 prize cars for the winner. OK, let's get crack'n !!!

And remember... be creative and have fun!

pscomprulesn2manip.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Each entry must have some part from a Photomode picture from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
  • Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
  • Public vote winners also get to select the top 12 entries for the poll the following week.
  • When selecting the top 12 entries the following week, the theme chooser will also select a
    "Judge's Choice" winner, the entry which they feel has best captured the theme.
  • The Judge's Choice winner gets to choose whether the following week will be either a
    Graphics Week or a Manipulation Week.
  • A graphics week will be primarily graphic design and layout based, for example magazine
    covers, or movie posters.
  • A manipulation week will be primarily based on photo manipulation, for example creating
    race cars in game, or making multi-car composites.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!

pscompeditingn2.jpg

Being a Photoshop competition, there are no limits on editing. Use every tool at your disposal to
create the desired effect. Feel free to utilise HDR techniques, photo stitching, whatever you like!
Your only real restriction is that you must use some part of a GT5 Photomode image!
The main thing to remember is to be creative and have fun!

pscompdeadlinen2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to participate on this one but I don't have the tools nor the skills to do so.
Good luck to all entrants 👍

What a fantastic theme. 'Design your own Special Edition'. That'll do me.

:dopey:👍👍

FINAL ENTRY

Special Edition - Diahatsu Midget Giant Type II Ultimate Edition

Just throwing this in for the lolz :lol:

Aww man! I'd love to do something new for this but there is no way I'm going to be able to pull anything off before the deadline as I won't have any 'computer time' between now and then. The only time I will have is early Thursday and Friday mornings which is too late. I can however re-enter my McLamborarri from way back as I had changed that entry during that comp which makes it still eligible. But I'll leave it for now just incase somehow I do get some time.

If there are no takers for this comp. I hope Revolution. can pushback the deadline for a few days so everyone can relax on their spring break then come back and have a crack at it....

I just started my entry, will post it later today or tomorrow 👍

Phheeeewww! Still a little blank as too what I'm gonna do however. :confused:

Alfa Romeo 147 de'Silva Edition

Named after the designer of the original 147, the de'Silva Edition takes cues from the 8C and adds a more modern twist to this lower, faster, more aggressive model.

The original, for reference:

Last edited:

Alfa Romeo 147 de'Silva Edition

Named after the designer of the original 147, the de'Silva Edition takes cues from the 8C and adds a more modern twist to this lower, faster, more aggressive model.

The original, for reference:

Nissan Sivia's headlights, I guess? :P
Great job on combining the 3 cars 👍

Nissan Sivia's headlights, I guess? :P
Great job on combining the 3 cars 👍

Thanks! The headlights are just the standard 147 headlights but with the bodywork around them altered to make them sit 'beneath' the bonnet giving it a more aggressive look. I've also flared the wheel arches.

Everything I've done to the car is within the Alfa family, I wanted to keep it fairly realistic 👍

Hey Moglet - great entry mate. I thought I had this one in the bag by default. (Me being the only entry). Dammit! :dopey:

Good work mate - superb execution. 👍

FINAL ENTRY

No car combo's from me this time.
Decided to do something for all the Kiwi's and Aussies out there as we tend to like our Ute's ;)

~ Aston Martin V12 Vantage Ute ~

Click for BIG

Click for Flickr

EDIT: A bit rushed so there's several bits that need fixing up - should get to them before closing.​

Last edited:
Thanks! The headlights are just the standard 147 headlights but with the bodywork around them altered to make them sit 'beneath' the bonnet giving it a more aggressive look. I've also flared the wheel arches.

Everything I've done to the car is within the Alfa family, I wanted to keep it fairly realistic 👍

Aww wrong guess :(
Again, good shot 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back