CLOSED: POLL: PTournament: Semi-Final - 2.0 Side

2.0 Side

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

sfrf.jpg

Third round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either: PMC or 2.0

[Click to raise dashboard]

20match1.jpg

Pick a car that has 2 year variations and shoot them together (e.g. 67 camaro & 2010, 70 challenger & 2010, ect)
CARS: Any with 2 model years
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above.

20match2e.jpg

Take Eleanor out and tear up a city course like you're on the run!
DarkR, take out a yellow Mach 1 Mustang
fkxpro, take out a silver Shelby GT350
CARS: Elanor
LOCATIONS: City Courses
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See Above.

ruleshz.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. You can vote in as many entries you want;
  • Do not vote on your entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • Do not post your photo elsewhere until poll closes;
  • Do not tell which is your photo until poll closes;
  • Only the 32 most voted will get through next round
  • In the event of a tie, host vote will be the deciding factor;
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting;
  • If there is any problem, regarding entries, please, report to me via P.M.

deadlineatnakl.jpg

[21.00 GMT]

Last edited:
:nervous:

I'm not normally one to Ctrl+R obsessively, but I'm very curious about how awesome Mitch's shot turned out!

(EDIT) Awesome indeed! So smooth, and an unexpected pairing to match. Mitch continues his roll 👍

Some tough choices to be made here, but in the end I went for Slipz and DarkR. The first match is ridiculously good but in the end Slipzstrem's unique composition swayed my vote.

2nd match , why diff quality of cars allowed ?

I wasnt too annoyed by that, I just wish the shelby GT-500 was in the game! the GT-350 just isnt as cool looking. Of course the "Elanor" version in the movie is a bit tricked out too.

Wow, I love so many things about your shot Slipz.
Especially the fact that we went for nearly the same choices.

-Same Track (Suzuka, right?)
-Similar car choices (both with Japanese models! Screw those american premiums :D)

And I knew you would use a static pic, regarding your time problems, etc.
So I went for the one with motion. Like this we got 2, a bit more, different shots.

Awesome how this turned out :dopey:👍

And match 2.......wow! Both are great shots, but DarkR's Mach1 is just too beautiful.

Also, thanks sooooo so much to all who voted me this far. I never expected to be in the semi-final this time. We had so many awesome photographers in this one and I'm under the Top4?????? Holy Crap:eek:

Wow, both these matches are nail-biters - and rightly so! Fantastic entries guys. 👍

Only 60 votes so far! :indiff:
The 2.0 poll had nearly 120 votes!

Come on guys, get your votes in. Same goes for the PMC side.

I just posted the front page article (couldn't last week as the time I had at the girlfriends, her MacBook Pro decided to lunch it's hard drive), so we should see a small influx in the remaining open polls this week. Of course, I'm probably burying myself, but hey :lol:

At least this has been a close race, couldn't have asked for more than that! :cheers: to Mitch!

For Match 2, although Dark's Mach 1 shot has the most votes, I voted for fkxpro because, unlike Dark's shot, fkx had action in it. The burnout looked awesome IMO. 👍

For Match 1, it was pretty clear that Michael got my vote. :drool:

Far out Match 2 was a tie! I guess that means DarkR is the winner (host vote) - Congrats!
Congratulations Mitch, this match was epic and very hard to decide which way to vote. Eventually I voted with SlipZ shot, bmxmitch had a brilliant shot but for me the old Lancer was just a little too indistinquishable - if you didn't know the cars or the theme requirements you wouldn't necessarily make the connection, but the connection was clear with SlipZ shot which is why my vote went that way, that and I love the stance of that old GT-R.
Match 2, was also a hard vote but in the end I felt more of the Gone in 60 Seconds vibe from fkxpro's entry so my vote went his way.

Last edited:
2nd match , why diff quality of cars allowed ?

You were saying? ;)

In a photograph, I don't think the quality of the cars matter that much (Premium vs. Standard), I think that, what matters is the composition of the photo itself, how well one can mask some of the imperfections, focusing in composition and leading the eye to a nice hot spot. Yes, maybe fkxpro had more work on it's hand to try and bring out the best of a standard car, but probably, that extra work made him focus more in composition, rather than anything. I tell, you, to me, match 2 was one of the hardest to cast vote, both are superb in execution and flawless composition in my eyes. I end up voting for DarkR picture just because of the tones, because I didn't had any other draw break factor.

If it was PMC, yes, probably that excuse would be plausible. In 2.0? There is no excuses.

Last edited:
If it was PMC, yes, probably that excuse would be plausible. In 2.0? There is no excuses.

Exactly. 2.0 it's not much of a problem. PMC could be a disaster. For example: The birthday match, I am a '79 which means I would've been stuck to using either an Abarth or a Honda POS and stuck with no editing to hide the car at all.

Exactly. 2.0 it's not much of a problem. PMC could be a disaster. For example: The birthday match, I am a '79 which means I would've been stuck to using either an Abarth or a Honda POS and stuck with no editing to hide the car at all.

Even though, I think that with a flawless and right composition, any car (even the uglier of the standard cars) in either PMC or 2.0 would look good. Of course, in 2.0 you have more tools to play with it.

In the end im pretty thrilled with the draw, didn't look good for me early on. I'm looking forward to another match though, even if its not for the title:)

As for editing, I didnt end up touching the car. I think i was looking for images where i didnt need to do that. Not that im not able to fix some square corners, just no desire. Tried a bunch in panning mode 1 for some blurr, that image was in 3 i believe. Most of the editing time was just spent trying to match the colour treatment from Gone in 60 seconds video clips. I was going for a film still or video grab look, with the scene being the exit from the garage. Wanted an out of the darkness into the light set up, but there are no tunnels in the city tracks, so under the bridges in Tokyo ended up being where we both shot.

Some interesting similarities in the two images as well, the car position is just the inverse of the other, along with the pillar in DarkRs inverted as a light gap in my image.

That was insane :nervous:

Great job fkxpro and thank you all for your votes.

Now we wait for the next round and the next theme...

and+_addb955f526dd92eb1d4178e74addb95.jpg

:nervous:

Congrats to the finalists! Once again the tournament hasn't failed to impress. It's been great to follow and the quality of entries has been very high - as usual ;) I'm really looking forward to the final. Good luck guys 👍

:dunce: tie on match 2? Good luck to fkxpro and DarkR! 👍

Edit: Ah, didn't notice Nato's reply up there :indiff:

Last edited:
Back