img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

img.php

Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 @ Daytona Road Course

car_jaguar_xk_coupe_06.jpg
track_daytona_road_course.jpg

Stewards Notes

This is a rerun of an event back in the early days of 3D3 Racing (British Invasion Online). However, this time around things will be a little different. Grip reduction is set to real and the AS and ASM assists are no longer allowed. Also penalties will be off for the race, but on for qualification. Finally, we'll be running a formation lap and rolling start this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 19:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Daytona Road Course
  • Car: Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 (from Recommended Garage)
  • Tires: Sport Softs (S3)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Penalty: Off (With real grip reduction there is little time to be gained cutting the bus stop)
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 26 (including formation lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% average lap (140sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pits: Open & Optional

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 502 HP
  • Weight: 1810 KG
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifcations: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: N/A
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification (assuming live qualification).
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will take side of track that the grid places them on (assuming grid placement is correct).
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 63 mph / 100 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • Start marker for Daytona Road Course is the start/finish line (tentative).
  • Pole sitter can accelerate to race pace at the start marker and all other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Daytona_2.jpg

wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event32_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 30 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

RoadCourse-Daytona_5.jpg

Here are some highlights from the previous running to get you jazzed up for the race:

Ah cool. My old PS3 died 2 days before the original event, lets hope it's not a bad omen 👍

Change of plans. Chelsea v Barca - Champions League semi-final is on at the same time.

Last edited:
Now that's a blast from the 'past'. :gtpflag:

Also, cool to see when the vid ends all the follow up vids are 3D3 online races.

And...
Why did we stop making those online race vids?

Now that's a blast from the 'past'. :gtpflag:

Also, cool to see when the vid ends all the follow up vids are 3D3 online races.

And...
Why did we stop making those online race vids?
Because your stream automatically saves races?

Had my first go at this one tonight with 25 laps.
Went alright (I think), got down to 1'55.7
Anyone else know their times yet?
If so, please share :)

Here's the results from ~6months ago when we ran this, you can see best laps in there. But remember that was with Grip Reduction at Low, and prior to all the changes that came with Spec 2.0 and tire wear rates. Draft also probably played a factor.

3D3_20111012_Event5_Results_NA.jpg

BritishInvasionEUResults.jpg

So take with a grain of salt. ;) I haven't tried the combo yet.

I'm in! Had fun trying to keep up with Lefty last time! Teaching Art most of day on Wednesday, so most likely not a lot of practice!

This thread isn't getting much love this week with all the activity surrounding the enduro, but the grids looks pretty good 👍

Note a couple changes to the previous standard this week and will mostly like become the standard moving forward.

• Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
Formation Lap
  • A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification (assuming live qualification).
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will take side of track that the grid places them on (assuming grid placement is correct).
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 63 mph / 100 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • Start marker for Daytona Road Course is the start/finish line (tentative).
  • Pole sitter can accelerate to race pace at the start marker and all other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

The language above for the formation lap is mostly a generic template. In this event the "final corner" is the exit of the bus stop. We need to finalize the appropriate start marker in practice today which is tentatively set as the "start/finish" line. We'll announce that after the practice sessions.

If the number of drivers is at 12 or below we can all qualify at once to save time. Looking at the driver grid it looks like we'll be 11-13 so it looks like we're right on the boundary. As a general rule of thumb the lap time should accommodate a roughly 10 second gap between qualifying drivers. For this event the qualifying lap time will be between 1:55 and 2:00 or ~120 seconds and so we could max out quali at 12 drivers. The probability of spinning/crashing is also a factor and I would say with some confidence that probability is a bit higher than normal with this combo with turn 1 and the bus stop being the big crash generators so we may want to be conservative and max out at 10.

If we do run a large single group it's important that drivers do space out carefully during the out-lap and order strategically. The gaps can be smaller if the "faster" drivers are out front. If you aren't in contention for pole or a top 3 starting spot it's probably not a good idea to rush out of the pits first after the track opens.

Again, we'll see how qualifying goes and may lower the threshold based on what we observe.

The lounge is open for practice. T-L already here ahead of me setting unreachable times (for me).

Fun session today guys, may be back tonight for seconds.

Ran a 1'57.3 in a race (no draft), and have no idea how. 2nd best lap at 1'57.8.

EDIT: I feel we should break quali up into 2 groups, at least for the EU race. I don't think traffic would be a huge factor on such a huge track but anyone taking advantage of drafting could skew the qualifying their way.

Last edited:
thank you for placing me on the reserve list my GTP account only works sporadically. if it loads at race time I'm in if not good luck and great racing!!

Ran a 1'57.3 in a race (no draft), and have no idea how. 2nd best lap at 1'57.8.

EDIT: I feel we should break quali up into 2 groups, at least for the EU race. I don't think traffic would be a huge factor on such a huge track but anyone taking advantage of drafting could skew the qualifying their way.

There's no draft in free-run. I'm joining EDK, Gooners, Litchi, and Al in the main lobby for practice shortly.

mohitraina91

There is no draft in free run. If we split it will be just to avoid traffic interference.

Reminder to all to use the small road to the left on pit exit and do not exit into turn 1. The road is narrow and includes a fairly sharp gear 2 turn.

Also there is a pit penalty at roughly 96 mph... Lower your speed to 95 mph before AI takes over to avoid being held up on your stop.

Take extra care in turn 1. Going two wide is asking for trouble as it is basically a one groove entry.

Formation lap will set up with pole sitter on right and staggered backward. Start point is the start/finish line. At the start there should be NO overlap... It's not a double file start like NASCAR, but a staggered start like a moving start grid.

It's a long lap so pole sitter will go faster than 63 mph for most of formation lap and slow at the bus stop to the speed limit. Pole sitter just needs to make sure group doesn't get too spread out.

I'll be online in about 30 mins for some final practice. Haven't done any tire wear runs yet.

All 3 rooms seem to be malfunctioning at the moment. Perhaps it's an update or something. Sure I hope I didn't break them :P

All is well :)

Last edited:
This is hard car to drive for me (big and heavy). Last night online practice i got my best lap time about 2.03 and then later offline i managed to got 2.01 :)
Seems to that 2.00 time is getting closer but i think i don't have enough time to practice but i'll do my best...

Please take me off the list. You can guess why.

Back