Stupid bug that can lead to great times not registrering!

COOLdotDK
While not really competing since I'm both to old to go pro racer and also in a country not in the official running(Nissan/PD - shame on you) it has not stopped me doing the GT Academy for fun. I have however noticed a bug with rather annoying and possibly competition implications.

Here is the scenario:

1. Race a challenge and complete it well enough to get a medal. You're shown the "You did it and is now rank xxxxx compared to the world.
  2. Go into the race again because you want to set a better time.
  3. Set a better time than i sep#1, but select to retry in order to do even better.
  4. Fail in a way that your attempt is canceled eg. crash, run off the track, tip over a cone....
  5. After failing decide you've had it and exit to the menu.

One would assume that the time set at step #3 is now show as your time on the leaderboard but it's not:scared:

It turns out that if you fail in the last go and then exit then whatever you did in the session is not put on the board, so if you attempt eg. step #3 was an amazing one it's gone unless you reenter to make a new attempt, where you see the amazing time set early is remembered, and make sure you do not fail the last attempt before exit. If you leave the challenge then you're amazing time is lost.

It might just be that it takes a few for times to be updated. Exit to main menu and then recheck.

That bug sometimes happens to me on the Time Trial Seasonal events as well. I do not care about my scores as long as I win gold usually, but sometimes I try harder.
For example, I really enjoyed drifting my Buick Special on dirt a few weeks ago when the seasonal was live so I trained several hours, but my new score record did not always update. I'm not sure what causes this, but it seems to me that if you do not finish and leave after beating your old highscore, there won't be any update, no matter how many times you re-enter.

For example, for me it was like this: my highscore was 9,xxx points on first attempt, than I left track (not menu), started again, beat it and now my new high score was 10,5xx, I retried several times after that - before I left to the track menu - but when I left, I didn't get any update window, so I wondered what happened and went on track again, on the HUD I could still see my best score (10,5xx), but I didn't update. When I checked my friend's rankings later I could see my own score still at 9,xxx points and this was also shown on any other menu once after leaving the track.
It upset me that moment, although I managed almost 15,000 points the next day being placed in the top 300 until the event was closed.

As I guess PD uses the same programming code for the new ranking lists, this bug could exist there too. I think I even experienced the same on one of the first GT Academy events after golding it at first try, I received gold trophy but there was no ranking update. However I tried more serious again after that and than my time got updated.

I wouldn't trust the automatic updating system therefore at the momentf this problem concerns more people PD should think about either giving us the opportunity to update manually or fix the bug.

When you beat your best lap ... quit the race immideatly so you will be sure your time will be saved, don't continu to try to do better you never know what can happen (power cut, game freeze, etc.....

This happened to me multiple times. The better time did not register with rankings and was never even counted by the game itself. I have to exit the event to attempt it again. If I hit restart, then I run the risk of not getting my time counted.

When you beat your best lap ... quit the race immideatly so you will be sure your time will be saved, don't continu to try to do better you never know what can happen (power cut, game freeze, etc.....

This.
Video game rule #1: Better saved than sorry :)

I had this happen twice today, And I think I found a fix as long as you exit after setting the time. Keep your eye on the record time, make sure it updates, and if it doesn't update exit immediately.

I got it to register by saving the replay and playing it a few times. It updated my time perfectly once, another time i tried this it was off by a hundredth of a second or so.

Its pretty annoying when you actually set a good time.

Back