• Thread starter therealgt5
  • 506 comments

therealgt5

(Banned)
United States
Los Angeles
Gt5version2
Unannounced Changes List:
1.Sounds have definitely been changed, engine volume seems quieter now and some reports say the transmission whine with the fully customable gearbox is gone.
2.Light flares have been changed to the ones in GT Academy 2012.
3.Adjustment in some cockpit views, now is further back.
4.The lightning viewed from some cockpit views has been fixed.(Ex:Peugeot 908 HDI)
5.Save backup is now automatic.
6.Brighter standard cockpit views.

Last edited:
I'm Updating my gt5 now but post an unannounced change you notice in gt5 2.06 like the flares some guys are saying and physics.

Could you edit your first post and keep a record of the confirmed unannounced changes if possible?

-Sounds have definitely been changed, engine volume seems quieter now and some reports say the transmission whine with the fully customable gearbox is gone.

Could you edit your first post and keep a record of the confirmed unannounced changes if possible?

-Sounds have definitely been changed, engine volume seems quieter now and some reports say the transmission whine with the fully customable gearbox is gone.

Yes I'm going to do it.

Some sounds on cars have probably been changed. I've already detected one - the Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car. It's gotten worse :rolleyes:

Just watching a replay of a 2 player split screen race that I've saved since updating and noticed replay is not split screen like replays of split screen races used to be, not sure since when this came into effect or if I'm just being dumb about it but whatever it is I approve as split screen replays always seemed a bit rubbish to me.

If you wouldn't mind explaining, how does it work and where does it back it up to? Thanks in advance for any information. 👍

The backup is automatic and it saves in the same place as the original.

Cant confirm it but it seems that interior view of standard cars are now "brighter", can actually see the gloves colors perfectly

As for the volume, to bring it back to what it was before, adjust it to 120% ;)

Last edited:
If you wouldn't mind explaining, how does it work and where does it back it up to? Thanks in advance for any information. 👍
There is a duplicate save file in the Save Data Utility folder called Gran Turismo 5 (backup)

Jay
The backup is automatic and it saves in the same place as the original.

Meaning, under Saved Games? What does it name the file?

I probably should wait until I get home and actually install the update to stop asking silly questions, but I'm excited about this. I thought maybe it would automatically back up to a USB drive that is plugged in.

I'm assuming that I will still perform back-ups to my USB as well, since if the HDD goes in my PS3, I'd still lose everything.

EDIT: Ah, thanks Ross. I typed too fast. 👍

Yes I'm going to do it.

Thanks mate 👍

Just watching a replay of a 2 player split screen race that I've saved since updating and noticed replay is not split screen like replays of split screen races used to be, not sure since when this came into effect or if I'm just being dumb about it but whatever it is I approve as split screen replays always seemed a bit rubbish to me.

Before when you saved a split screen race, you could watch it on a entire screen but only if you followed one car out of the 2. It's like that?

Sounds have been adjusted all around.

The in-car and bumper cams sound like they have been tuned back down, meaning your own car's engine noise. The last update turned the decibles up on those 2 camera views, now they sound muffled again compared to the roof and chase cams. I find this to be a bit of a negative, because I use bumper cam almost always and I appreciated the amped up engine noise.

A big possitive in the sound department though, is that the sound from other cars you're around has been turned WAY up. Maybe almost too far up, because you can hear them from VERY far away from you. You also hear them equally clearly whether they are in front of you, or in back. I like this adjustment.

Another thing sound wise that I've been dying for since the game launched, is regardless of your Race or Menu BGM settings, that post-race tune was always at max and couldn't be turned down. Now the BGM settings also turn that down, which is great because I like no music and sound effects high, now I don't have to hurry up and turn down the volume on my TV as soon as every race ends so I don't blow my speakers or wake up the dead..

Sounds have been adjusted all around.

The in-car and bumper cams sound like they have been tuned back down, meaning your own car's engine noise. The last update turned the decibles up on those 2 camera views, now they sound muffled again compared to the roof and chase cams. I find this to be a bit of a negative, because I use bumper cam almost always and I appreciated the amped up engine noise.

Hmmm, I don't know if I'll like that either. I use the interior view, and one reason why I find music not distracting is because the engine noise is so much louder. It's also isolated if you have surround sound (which puts it more in the surround speakers while the music stays up front).

Although, IIRC, if you set the sound to Large Theater, the engine noise was even more loud relative to the music, so I changed it to Small Theater. Maybe now I'll just switch back to LT.

A big possitive in the sound department though, is that the sound from other cars you're around has been turned WAY up. Maybe almost too far up, because you can hear them from VERY far away from you. You also hear them equally clearly whether they are in front of you, or in back. I like this adjustment.

You're right there, just did a seasonal with my ferrari P4 at Grand Valley and when i followed the Mclaren F1 down the tunnel at 2 seconds (so a distance away) i could clearly hear him a lot better.

So your rivals cars are indeed a lot more outspoken as before; i had one weird thing also when i passed a car, the sound of my car completely dissapeared, and his sounded a bit disturbed = bug?

Transmission whine reports are false, it's still very outspoken on all cars with a custom tranny.

Other thing i can confirm is that sadly the AI has not been updated, still slow blind bots doing their routine laps...

Last edited:
just finished like 20 mins ago.
Damn those graphics are insane with no hudNurburgring 24H @ 19:40 with those new flare effects.
It seems damn smooth and there is no more changes in the lightning in the cockpit of cars like the peugeot 908,that was annoying!Now I can easily play in cockpit and it's further back in some cars too-AWESOME

Cant confirm it but it seems that interior view of standard cars are now "brighter", can actually see the gloves colors perfectly

As for the volume, to bring it back to what it was before, adjust it to 120% ;)

You're right, I tested and it's real.But maybe it's because of the lightning that they tweaked,but I will add to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't understand why they can't tell us everything they've done in an update. Each time one comes out undocumented changes are found, sometimes quite severe.

The transmission whine in my GT-R BLACK EDITION is still there .

Off topic but something that's bugged me for a while, you don't need a space before and after your punctuation marks, just after. Like this? Yes, like this. :)

SimonK
I really don't understand why they can't tell us everything they've done in an update. Each time one comes out undocumented changes are found, sometimes quite severe.

I like it. Finding something new is like Christmas.

Off topic but something that's bugged me for a while, you don't need a space before and after your punctuation marks, just after. Like this? Yes, like this. :)

thank you.

This is to keep us excited, trying to discovering all the hidden changes which make our lives better! PD and communication don't go together.

Ps Are you a schoolteacher? haha

Unannounced Changes List:
1.Sounds have definitely been changed, engine volume seems quieter now and some reports say the transmission whine with the fully customable gearbox is gone.
2.Light flares have been changed to the ones in GT Academy 2012.
3.Adjustment in some cockpit views, now is further back.
4.The lightning viewed from some cockpit views has been fixed.(Ex:Peugeot 908 HDI)
5.Save backup is now automatic.
6.Brighter standard cockpit views.

Light flares? And why PD?! Why do you have to make the car sounds worse than they already are? Even cars in GT2 and 3 sound better and they had to deal with older systems.

I can't download the update! It kicks me off the PSN when I'm exactly at 94%

I've been trying all morning. Going through my 8th try now. Someone else had problems? It's not my connection. My modem is hardwired to my PS3 and I have that separate internet service exlusively for my PS3. I've been doing longer update to ther games without problems at all. I even went from v1.00 all the way to v2.04 once and it went smooth in one try.

Light flares? And why PD?! Why do you have to make the car sounds worse than they already are? Even cars in GT2 and 3 sound better and they had to deal with older systems.

Try bumping up SFX level to 120, the engine sounds are less loud but seem to have more depth, apart from that i think the compensation with improved sounds from the AI's cars around you makes it worthwile. I like the change so far.

Depends on how many cars they changed the engine sound entirely, and made them less realistic, that is a bummer if it's true.

HuskyGT
I can't download the update! It kicks me off the PSN when I'm exactly at 94%

I've been trying all morning. Going through my 8th try now. Someone else had problems? It's not my connection. My modem is hardwired to my PS3 and I have that separate internet service exlusively for my PS3. I've been doing longer update to ther games without problems at all. I even went from v1.00 all the way to v2.04 once and it went smooth in one try.

Can you try it without signing on to the PSN? I think it still lets you get patches while "offline".

mister dog
Before when you saved a split screen race, you could watch it on a entire screen but only if you followed one car out of the 2. It's like that?

Nope, full screen the whole time. 👍

Back