Just for laughs-CSR-E Fungi Rim!!

• Thread starter VanWeeD
  • 22 comments
Taiwan
Taipei
CYPSY
VanWeed420
I admit when race gets intense, palms sweats alot; but I've never bother to clean the water absorbing alcantara rim. With busy work, I have left sim racing for a month, and this morning I find .....

IMG_8043.jpg

IMG_8044.jpg

IMG_8045.jpg

LoL Just for laughs!

This has made my mind up, I WILL be getting gloves for use with my CSW.

This way after a long session of racing they can be thrown in the wash.

This has made my mind up, I WILL be getting gloves for use with my CSW.

This way after a long session of racing they can be thrown in the wash.

See, I didn't start the glove topic for nothing. I was getting worried about the above happening with the CSW I have standing here beside me at the moment.

With gloves the rim stays in great condition for much longer.

Gloves 👍

I know shogy from another forum and have raced him a few times. I can assure you he's not some spammer.

Schwartz
Now that's useful spam. :lol:

Shogy is my dad, Schwartz. Not a spammer. He got the link to that stuff from the website of company Alcantara (yes, the company is named after its product. ;) )

Shogy is my dad, Schwartz. Not a spammer. He got the link to that stuff from the website of company Alcantara (yes, the company is named after its product. ;) )

In his defense he did look like a spam bot. First post with a link to a company's website and all... :P

Welcome LogiForce's dad. 👍

That sucks, OP. How did it look after cleaning it thoroughly? Doesn't look like the fungi have made that much damage yet.

You have too much humidity in your home. That looks like mold my friend, and the best way to clean it is with diluted bleach and then some sunlight.

Also you may want to have the place checked for mold too, it's not good for you or family.

I have Fanatec GT2 wheel since early 2011 but I have never had that problem and I have never bothered washing my hands before I used my wheel.

Back