• 28 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT5 Dan

(Banned)
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Jonesy-ov-s5
dont know if this is in the right place.

we need an in-game private chat feature so we can chat to our psn friends whilst doing things in the game rather than just being able to speak to them in an online lobby.

also we need a change where when in an online lobby with people around the world, we can select so they cant hear you and a friend talk. and have it so you can switch between open chat and private chat.

i hope PD and Kaz can do this.

There is chat function in PSN\SEN XMB menu I think it's enought 👍

dont know if this is in the right place.

we need an in-game private chat feature so we can chat to our psn friends whilst doing things in the game rather than just being able to speak to them in an online lobby.

also we need a change where when in an online lobby with people around the world, we can select so they cant hear you and a friend talk. and have it so you can switch between open chat and private chat.

i hope PD and Kaz can do this.

So, this would be the equivalent of the Xbox 360's "channels" that you can switch between the game and a 'party' of people. I don't really use a mic, but this would be a good feature to implement.

So, this would be the equivalent of the Xbox 360's "channels" that you can switch between the game and a 'party' of people. I don't really use a mic, but this would be a good feature to implement.

Well not quite like that. But in a lobby make it so u can select who you want to chat to.

There is already a chat feature in PSN, so there is no point in adding a second one.
And this really shouldn't be in the GT5 forum.

There is already a chat feature in PSN, so there is no point in adding a second one.
And this really shouldn't be in the GT5 forum.

Not voice chat there int. And why shunt it be in gt5 forum? My thread is about voice chat feature in gt5 game, not on the ps3.

Um, I can't really understand what your saying, but there is a voice chat feature in PSN. Friends>Start New Chat>Voice/Video Chat.

Still can't really read your text speak, but what I can determine is you want a chat feature in-game to go along with the chat feature already in-game, yes?

you are not getting what i mean. already on GT5 when your in a game lobby, everyone can hear you. so lets say you and a friend off your psn list want to race online with other people from around the world and you want to just have a private voice chat with your headsets. you cant do that because if you have your headset on and chat, everyone in the lobby can hear you.

all you can do in GT5 online is mute people in the lobby, but this does not stop them from hearing you, so its not realy private is it.

so we need the game updating with a feature that allows you to stop everyone else hearing what you are sayin. and also a feature in the game where you can still talk to someone with your headsite without having to go online in the lobby. for example if you just in the GT5 my home tuning a car, have it so you can talk to a friend without having to join a lobby.

do you see what i mean. if you cannot understand the above then surely you arnt english.

Oh, I speak English, but text speak is frowned upon here.
Well I agree that this would be a nice addition to the game, there are more pressing matters for PD to attend to, so I doubt it will be.

do you see what i mean. if you cannot understand the above then surely you arnt english.

And that's enough of that.

Firstly, most people on this site aren't English, no. That's one of the reasons we require those who are to use the clearest English they can. Do you think you meet this requirement sufficiently to condescend to others?

Not voice chat there isn't. And why shouldn't it be in GT5 forum? My thread is about voice chat feature in GT5 game, not on the PS3.

Yes, you need cam for that. Plus it doesn't work for in game.

You are not getting what I mean. Already on GT5 when you're in a game lobby, everyone can hear you. So let's say you and a friend off your PSN list want to race online with other people from around the world and you want to just have a private voice chat with your headsets. You can't do that because if you have your headset on and chat, everyone in the lobby can hear you.

All you can do in GT5 online is mute people in the lobby, but this does not stop them from hearing you, so it's not really private is it?

So we need the game updating with a feature that allows you to stop everyone else hearing what you are saying. And also a feature in the game where you can still talk to someone with your headset without having to go online in the lobby. For example if you are just in the GT5 my home tuning a car, have it so you can talk to a friend without having to join a lobby.

Do you see what I mean? If you cannot understand the above then surely you aren't English.

AUP
You will post all messages in English.
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

I'd go for "no".

If people cannot understand you it's because of a lack of quality in your communication, not any shortcoming on their behalf.

And that's enough of that.

Firstly, most people on this site aren't English, no. That's one of the reasons we require those who are to use the clearest English they can. Do you think you meet this requirement sufficiently to condescend to others?

I'd go for "no".

If people cannot understand you it's because of a lack of quality in your communication, not any shortcoming on their behalf.

im sorry but there are plenty of people on the playstation forums that can hardly speak a word but still understand text speak. all of the above text speak i have use above is very easy to understand.

are you telling me people cant understand ye as short for yes and shunt for shouldn't ?

cant say i have ever been on a forum with such strict rules before and where you have to type like you are an english teacher.

OK, rule one of a forum: Don't disrespect the admins.
And if you read the AUP we wouldn't be having this problem.

I'm sorry but there are plenty of people on the Playstation Forums that can hardly speak a word but still understand text speak.

We are not the Playstation Forums.

All of the above text speak I have use above is very easy to understand.

The fact you've been told it isn't indicates otherwise.

Notwithstanding the fact that you agreed not to use it.

Are you telling me people can't understand ye as short for yes and shunt for shouldn't?

The people telling you they can't understand you are saying that. I am telling you that you agreed to the AUP when you joined the site and have no place condescending to others about their language comprehension when your own typed standards are lower than KS2.

We have very many non English speakers. They shouldn't be forced to pick through lazy patois when our members are required not to use it.

Can't say I have ever been on a forum with such strict rules before and where you have to type like you are an English teacher.

We just require you to type like you're an English speaker. Which you aren't doing.

You agreed to our rules. They are not unreasonable. Even if they were, you agreed to them and expecting you to stick to your own promise is not unreasonable.

I'm sorry but there are plenty of people on the Playstation forums that can hardly speak a word but still understand text speak. All of the above text speak I have used above is very easy to understand.

Are you telling me people cant understand ye as short for yes and shunt for shouldn't ?

Can't say I have ever been on a forum with such strict rules before and where you have to type like you are an English teacher.

Did you even read the Acceptable Use Policy before you registered your account? It clearly states that text speak of any shape or form is strictly not allowed:

Acceptable Use Policy
- You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

If you have a problem with that, then you shouldn't have signed up in the first place. I am sick and tired of new people signing up who have completely disregarded the AUP despite having to read it before registering their account.

Last edited:
If you have a problem with that, then you shouldn't have signed up in the first place.

👍
All this violation is making my head spin.
In-game private chat won't make it's way into GT5, at least for the foreseeable future. Maybe GT6.
Also, there is a "Feedback" section where you can post your ideas for GT.

Last edited:
👍
All this violation is making my head spin.
In-game private chat won't make it's way into GT5, at least for the foreseeable future. Maybe GT6.
Also, there is a "Feedback" section where you can post your ideas for GT.

Forgot to mention that as well.

i only came on here with positive thinking and an idea for a feature in the game. really wasn't expecting all this fuss just because im rubish on my gramar.

who reads the terms and conditions or what ever it is called on this forum anyway.

im sorry but looks like i'm not going to be posting on here again then if everytime i miss out a ' or . or a capital letter im going to get grilled for it.

sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Who reads the terms and conditions or what ever it is called on this forum, anyway?

The smart people. The people who don't want to get banned, and most importantly the people you're talking to now. Not following it will get you banned eventually.

i only came on here with positive thinking and an idea for a feature in the game. really wasn't expecting all this fuss just because im rubish on my gramar.

who reads the terms and conditions or what ever it is called on this forum anyway.

im sorry but looks like i'm not going to be posting on here again then if everytime i miss out a ' or . or a capital letter im going to get grilled for it.

sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Now you're just over-reacting. It's okay if you do the odd mistake as we as human beings make mistakes from time to time. But what the AUP states is that no deliberate, lazy grammar is allowed. Also, think about it? Does it really take that much effort to type a couple of words properly? No it doesn't, even if you're not a professional typist.

You did. You ticked a little box to say you had done so.

And we know you're telling the truth because you wouldn't just skim through a legal contract and stick a signature on. That'd be intensely foolish.

Incidentally folks, we only need one member of staff posting as a member of staff. Letting people know where they've gone wrong so we don't have to get involved is admirable, but when we've already got involved it's unnecessary.

I guess with that little bit of self-termination, we're pretty much done here then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back