Japanese 80s Festival

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 437 comments
first of all, I'm very happy with challenging races like this seasonal, very good..
second, passed through all courses with '89 Eunos roadster enjoying each necessary try, had a lot of fun
third, LUV2DRIVE, will try your settings alternatively because I do not get this London city thing finished gold, best I got until now was minus 0,4secs...
tried mugen civic, city turbo II (I rembered hardly that I hate FF), MR2, RX7, Skyline and 4200R too heavy... does anybody has another good one to try
(guess London city is not my favourite) thank you guys

I won all of them using the Mugen Motul Civic race car... it was a breeze, i love the handling. I did not tweek anything, off all aid.

Won the Tsukuba race with Pajero Rally Car, the lead car was Nissan Skyline R32 GTst type M, passed it on the last lap. Haven't tried the car with Miata as the lead.

That is quite something... i can't make this car handles...

another car you can use is the 1988 VR-4 Turbo Mitsubishi Galant, it has a good powerband and suspension tune it will beat tsukuba also, reccomend using stage 1 turbo and 5 speed close ration transmission

I can't get this car to win... must be my settings all wrong...

Yeah, your not really supposed to post twice in a row. And you posted 7 times in a row, with not much difference in post content. To multi-quote, there are two speech bubbles next to the quote button.Press that button for every post you want to quote, and then hit quote for the last one.

Easy wins with the Mugen Motul Civic. Won Tsukuba 14 secs ahead. Cycle through the starting line up until #1 is Honda Civic 1500 3dr 25i.......peddle to the metal

Tuned up 8,000 credit UCD Rx-7 savannah Gt-Limited (FC) '85 was very quick in the 410-420 pp range.

tsukuba and london are rabbit stomping grounds. get 12s and 4s behind respectively.

tsukuba and london are rabbit stomping grounds. get 12s and 4s behind respectively.

The rabbit can be beaten at London cleanly.

I did beat the rabbit at Tsukuba but I used SRF.

conkycon
Easy wins with the Mugen Motul Civic. Won Tsukuba 14 secs ahead. Cycle through the starting line up until #1 is Honda Civic 1500 3dr 25i.......peddle to the metal

I won that race with the 4200r and the city turbo at the front

Tsukuba really was hell until I found my tune and opponents suiting me . Used the mugen motul civic race car '87 , took all aerodynamic downforce to minimum , transmission set to max speed 130 mph , power was 186 bhp , 420 pp , traction control : 1 , skid recovery force on , abs at 10 , all other aids off . Had the civic 1500 3door 25i '83 first , Toyota corolla 2nd and Toyota sprinter 3rd to start . It was easy from there . Hope this helps :)

Finally beat Tsukuba.
Used the Starion...but needed the City View to hold up the Skyline until the end of the 4th lap when I passed them both.
whew!

Thanks luv2drive for your Mazda tune, came 2nd on my first try at Tsukuba and won on my second go.

And yes, Deep Forrest reverse is awesome, feels more natural than doing it forward.

Whew ! Finally beat Tsukuba using the Honda Mugen Motil Civic after a dozen or so attempts ! The Accord was the lead car and I think an MX was second ! Caught the pack on lap 5 in 4th place and gunned past the other 3 and took home the checker ! My average lap times were 1:09s !

Challenging to say the least ! The only other seasonal I had trouble acing were the Lotus Elise, Fiat 500, Suburu Imprezza events !

Next up London !

Last edited:
After 5 attempts the City Turbo finally decides to stick with the skyline instead of the Miata.

Bagmup
Thanks luv2drive for your Mazda tune, came 2nd on my first try at Tsukuba and won on my second go.

And yes, Deep Forrest reverse is awesome, feels more natural than doing it forward.

Thanks man. Glad it worked out for you!

Gamerdog, if you're still struggling with the Roadster check out the setup I posted last weekend if you didn't already try it. I was struggling with it at first as well until I made some adjustments.

Yeah!! Just have beaten Tsukuba after so many tries... But only driving the Mugen Motul Race Car and with the Civic 1500 3door starting 1st. Passed it by the middle of 4th lap and ended 14s ahead.

Tried with the City Turbo starting in 1st, but got 2nd 3s behind.

My laps were around 1:08 high.

HNNNNNNNGGGGGG! On sarthe, using the Mugen Civic. I detuned it alot for the $$$ n XP, Mx5 spun me out on the 2nd lap on the straight away. Caught up and then lost to him by .023s :(

Edit: Won by +5 sec now im happy :) 1.2mil Credits, 124k xp

Last edited:
Anyone have a good tune for the Galant? Specifically gear ratios and suspension. This seems like a car that can win the first race with the right tune and I am not good at tuning cars, I just like to drive them. I worked my way up to second with the engine output at 76% and 185hp putting it at 400pp, no intake, no exhaust and no turbo upgrades. Just weight stage 2, window reduction an add of ballast to 200 position 50 an after market areo kit and trans, drive and suspension upgrades.

Anyone have a good tune for the Galant? Specifically gear ratios and suspension. This seems like a car that can win the first race with the right tune and I am not good at tuning cars, I just like to drive them. I worked my way up to second with the engine output at 76% and 185hp putting it at 400pp, no intake, no exhaust and no turbo upgrades. Just weight stage 2, window reduction an add of ballast to 200 position 50 an after market areo kit and trans, drive and suspension upgrades.

Before applying the below set the top speed slider all the way left.

CSLACR
1st gear: Longer (Usually within 200 clicks of far left)
2nd: depends on first, if first was moved all the way left, 2nd will go about 100 clicks left, if first is shorter, 2nd will be shorter as well.

3rd: Almost always quicker, in the event of a long 2nd 3rd will stay put, usually 50-100 clicks right.

4th: Move until it shows on the graph as beginning at a slightly higher rpm than 3rd.

5th/6th: A little quicker than fourth.
6th/7th: Depends on the power band, if it's narrow the gears need to be specific for top speed, if it's wide I just set it as long (equal on graph) as the gear before it and make sure the car has enough gearing to run most any track.

When done with the above set the final gear so the top speed (in the upper right corner of the tranny set up page) reads how fast you want the car to go. Most of the setups I've done, both my own and from others, since beginning my quest to learn how to tune, set the final so they are just passing red line at the end of the longest straight in whichever gear they are using for last. Using the final gear to adjust your top speed allows you to adjust gearing so you can use a lower gear to attain top speed. In other words, if your car has a six speed tranny you can use the final gear to set 5th as your top gear.

This process is a good starting point and how I usually set my own trans when I'm trying to tune a car. The best tuners will adjust individual gears further so they use what they think best for the track they are running.

Another way to quickly set your tranny is to reset all to default, set the final all the way right, set the top speed slider all the way left then go back and adjust the final until the top speed indicator (upper right number again) reads the top speed you want to hit. This method is fairly down and dirty but should give you much shorter shifting between gears.

Last edited:
Kwicko
My Isuzu 4200R settings:

Weight 1250kg
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
ECU Tuning
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin-plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Ride Height -15F/-20R
Spring Rate 6.7F/6.7R
Extension 5/5
Compression 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3F/5R
Camber 1.4F/2.0R
Toe -0.14F/0.20R

LSD 6/24/12
Brake 9F/7R

Power 59.5% (191hp)

Final Gear 5.015
Top Speed 112mph

I should just say i didn't think that car had it in itself but i was surprised this setup worked wonders, the car handles awsome. give props to the guy that tuned this car beat tsukaba no problems easy win . great setup .

Yer, I just used that one on Tsukuba for an easy win against the 2nd lineup.

EASY!?? really? Thats good to hear Im gonna go get er done. I swear I got 2nd with an old Skyline. I saw that the leader was in an MX-5(NA Roadster) so went and got it, came back and it seemed like the cars were reloaded with even faster ones to match mine. I thought it was a fluke but if you got it with that, thats awesome

So has anyone built a production car, to regs, that can hit 1:06s laps at Tsukuba..?? I appreciate that people have beaten the two fastest rabbits using either the race Civic or the rally car, I just want to know if there is a regular car that is capable. I'd rather not skip the races until the slow arsed rabbits turn up. I'm quite happy to setup my own car, but I really don't have the time to test every eligible car :indiff:

Just seen the Isuzu 4200R pop up in conversation again, is it capable of 1:06s..??

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
So has anyone built a production car, to regs, that can hit 1:06s laps at Tsukuba..?? I appreciate that people have beaten the two fastest rabbits using either the race Civic or the rally car, I just want to know if there is a regular car that is capable. I'd rather not skip the races until the slow arsed rabbits turn up. I'm quite happy to setup my own car, but I really don't have the time to test every eligible car :indiff:

Just seen the Isuzu 4200R pop up in conversation again, is it capable of 1:06s..??

{Cy}

I have it on good authority that, in the right hands, with the right tune, yes, it can hit 06s.

{Cy}

There is a video posted in this thread by a guy running 1:05 laps with the Skyline. He claims he's not using SRF but he's hitting full throttle mid-corner with no spinning at all so maybe he's got a magic setup for his diff... Here's his setup.

Last edited:
You can win, even if the miata is first. I love how some people complain; first the challenges were too easy, now they are too hard because they are not in first place after two rounds. It seems like it is never right. Personally I liked this one a lot.

Totally agree with you buddy.

Latest Posts

Back