gtplanet GT5 boxart

• Thread starter finnracer
  • 34 comments
United Kingdom
Brighton
TheFinners96
Went into Game in Eastleigh today just for a general look around, had a little go on a PS Vita (Good, but expensive and almost identical to a PSP visually, although the analog sticks are nice) didn't really find anything of interest at a good price. However I did find this, a copy of GT5 with supposedly a cover designed by GTP user paskwoitz. It seemed very unusual and I have not come across it before and the quality of the image seemed quite poor which made it seem even stranger! Here are some images of it:

Front:

Back:

GTP logo:

Anyone know anything about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to see the images, quote the first post and open the links manually.

I think someone just swapped the original cover for the GTP one. The poor image quality probably comes from the printer used to print the cover out.

For giggles:

YVF2Hl.jpg

Went into Game in Eastleigh today just for a general look around, had a little go on a PS Vita (Good, but expensive and almost identical to a PSP visually, although the analog sticks are nice) didn't really find anything of interest at a good price. However I did find this, a copy of GT5 with supposedly a cover designed by GTP user paskwoitz. It seemed very unusual and I have not come across it before and the quality of the image seemed quite poor which made it seem even stranger! Here are some images of it:

Front:
imag0099m.jpg

Back:
imag0100qv.jpg

GTP logo:
imag0108q.jpg

Anyone know anything about this?

Quoted

Edit - still not working, I must be doing something wrong!?

I just fixed those images for you in your post, finnracer. 👍 Thanks for sharing this, paskowitz should be flattered. :D

Quoted

Edit - still not working, I must be doing something wrong!?

To make my post somewhat-worthy, it seems you live near this user Paskwotis, and what's going on with the double styled PS3 stripe?

Oh, Tree'd by Jordan D: (he also uploaded the pics.

Last edited:
You were embedding the full URL to the page of Imageshack's website where those images are hosted, instead of the actual URL to the image file. To get that URL, click on the "Embed Image" menu on the right hand side of the Imageshack page, copy it, then paste it into the post box.

See this entry in the FAQ for more on embedded images.

You were embedding the full URL to the page of Imageshack's website where those images are hosted, instead of the actual URL to the image file. To get that URL, click on the "Embed Image" menu on the right hand side of the Imageshack page, copy it, then paste it into the post box.

See this entry in the FAQ for more on embedded images.

Ok thanks a lot Jordan! :)

Quite bizarre that Game would accept that as a trade in, obviously the staff member didn't know the game.

People working at games stores more often than not don't know what they are working with.

But it's crazy cool that Paskowitz's work is on display.

Making box art is nothing new, I used to do it all the time. What is odd is that the store took it with an unofficial cover. Someone could get in some trouble for selling that with unofficial box art. Pretty sure copyright laws com into play here. Doing it for personal use is one thing, but selling it to the public is another. Not very smart to for the guy to put his name on it either.

I can't help but notice that he misspelled his username on the left bottom of the rear.
It says both Paskowitz and Paskwotiz.

It probably is from a competition we had here on the forum before the release of the game. I guess someone liked it, and replaced the original with this one. I'm pretty sure this is not sold to the shop by Paskowitz himself.

EDIT: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115984 the original thread from the competition. Can't find the original post though, but this cover is on the overview near the end of the thread.

Last edited:
You really thought the Vita was almost identical graphically to a PSP? Time to get those eyes checked.

That cover is interesting. I wonder how Paskowitz takes it?

You really thought the Vita was almost identical graphically to a PSP? Time to get those eyes checked.

That cover is interesting. I wonder how Paskowitz takes it?

I meant in its physical appearance, the graphics were great though!:dopey:

When I saw the AO 18+ rating I assumed that the back of the cover would have a flurry of expletives. Perhaps it's motto should be;

"The Drive of Your Life, 🤬"

Ok lol this is hilarious.

Story time! :)

A while ago I had made this cover for my copy of GT5.

Apparently I misspelled my own user name. Great, just learning this now... :ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch: :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

When I uploaded the image, I also include the PSD (photoshop file) with all the layers. Someone must have gotten this file, made thier own cover, and then put in a store...

And so that is the store of the strange GT5 cover with GTPlanet's logo. Goodnight.

So since your design was approved by PD, can you tell us if GT6 will be on PS4? :sly:

So since your design was approved by PD, can you tell us if GT6 will be on PS4? :sly:

PS4 launch title. 500 cars. 40 tracks. 50 cars on track at once. No more than 10 Skylines. Every important Porsche ever. Support for every wheel. Live streaming and Youtube upload. 1080p@60fps@8xAA. Bees knees.

Oh wait... this is reality... :(

Last edited:
PS4 launch title. 500 cars. 40 tracks. 50 cars on track at once. No more than 10 Skylines. Every important Porsche ever. Support for every wheel. Live streaming and Youtube upload. 1080p@60fps@8xAA. Bees knees.

Oh wait... this reality... :(

Sounds like a good starting point to me!

Do you know this (source required if you have one), or are you just mass guessing?

Nonetheless, it is a good idea to start when it comes to the game's advertising. Granted, it does sound like what you would find in a Forza Motorsport game, but I digress. I'm still buying GT6 if it's a PS3 title, regardless of how similar it is to FM in some aspects, or what's in it for that matter.

Do you know this (source required if you have one), or are you just mass guessing?

Nonetheless, it is a good idea to start when it comes to the game's advertising. Granted, it does sound like what you would find in a Forza Motorsport game, but I digress. I'm still buying GT6 if it's a PS3 title, regardless of how similar it is to FM, or what's in it.

Lol... of course that is a made up list. I mean... does it say "Amar212" where my user name is? No. So anything I say is just comic relief. :dunce:

Back