Are seasonals getting harder or is it just me.

United States
Georgia
Barrettcsk
I was just attempting the Lamborghini events and I can't manage to catch up or out run the countach. I'm driving the Murcielago but the slower cars seem to be catching up to me in a straight line and I will always loose my postion. I used to be able to fly through the seasonals but it seems i've ethier lost my touch, or something is up with the game. I play just about every day and i'm not the best out there, nor the worst, but I just can't do it anymore. It's strange.

Yes. And the fact that they prolonged the B-spec events tells me they are listening..to an extent. People wished for b- spec events and we got them,people wished for b-spec to go away and it happened. could be coincidence,but I wonder.

I'm still waiting for the MR 5XX seasonal. But I'll take the lambo seasonal.

I'm still waiting for the MR 5XX seasonal. But I'll take the lambo seasonal.

Same here. I wouldn't mind a go-kart seasonal either.

To the OP: Yeah, it seems that they are getting harder. Either my driving skills are down or the AI finally learned how to drive.

I definitely think they're getting harder. But I'm not the best driver, so it looks like it's back to the classic way of earning credits for me. :indiff:

I myself see a slight difference but nothing overwhelming. I welcome the change as it forces me to up my skill level. I like how the AI are not so willing to move out of your way. I hope they keep going in this direction in GT6.

After running three tracks and being frustated as heck, I took a look-see at the prize, A Lambo GT, I already have one, what a releif, now I can run at my leisure

I think. The last F1 seasonal in Tokio was awesome, I felt like I was driving with people 👍

If you were not totally focused, you just couldn't win.

Yeah they are, I think they are becoming a bit too hard. There is no reason for placing the rabbit car a half lap length away from you and giving you absolutely little to no hope of catching it. Hell give me a four lap Nurburgring or something, give me SOMETHING that lets you the player have ample time to catch it using a unmodded car.

I definitely think they're getting harder. But I'm not the best driver, so it looks like it's back to the classic way of earning credits for me. :indiff:

Yep, certain races are mighty hard now.

You almost have to look up a good tune to win if you are not elite.

Yeah they are, I think they are becoming a bit too hard. There is no reason for placing the rabbit car a half lap length away from you and giving you absolutely little to no hope of catching it. Hell give me a four lap Nurburgring or something, give me SOMETHING that lets you the player have ample time to catch it using a unmodded car.
^ This. It would be nice if they had an easy, medium and hard option. They could lower or raise the credits accordingly.

bs13
^ This. It would be nice if they had an easy, medium and hard option. They could lower or raise the credits accordingly.

They are doing that with the PDB. Using a lower pp car gives your more money and xp.

Glad I looked at this thread and saw others we're struggling a little bit with the Lamborghini event. Don't know why but I just cant seem to do any good on it.

I'm liking the new seasonals, much more of a challenge. But I thought we still had the option to make them more difficult/easy with the pp limit. For me, anything that improves my gaming skills and race craft is a bonus. I'm not breezing through these anymore. Some are taking two or three attempts.
I suppose it depends on what you want from the game really.

They are doing that with the PDB. Using a lower pp car gives your more money and xp.
IMHO that is not ideal because there are some cars I/we don't want to mod to win a race. I had to be careful and pick undo-able mods to win a couple of the Academy races. I honestly would prefer to to reduce weight rather than add hp but unfortunately it's a permanent mod.

Keep in mind I'm a casual racer. I like a challenge but I'm not willing to put in a bunch of time to win one race. I race to have fun and when I'm not having fun I move on.

IMHO that is not ideal because there are some cars I/we don't want to mod to win a race. I had to be careful and pick undo-able mods to win a couple of the Academy races. I honestly would prefer to to reduce weight rather than add hp but unfortunately it's a permanent mod.

Keep in mind I'm a casual racer. I like a challenge but I'm not willing to put in a bunch of time to win one race. I race to have fun and when I'm not having fun I move on.

Unless you're driving a rare car from OCD / UCD, meaning if you drive a premium, then buy another one and mod it just for the race. The first victory will gain you more credits than the costs of the car and the mods. ;)

I'm actually quite pleased these have gotten more of a challenge, there's no enjoyment in being able to quickly run through these & gold them 1st time. But I do miss the B-Spec seasonals, great for when you don't want to race but just watch.

Personally I don't like the 'new' seasonals. It's not that they're hard just the fact everything is already chosen for me, only thing i can change is the car/tune. Let me change the tyres then we'll see who beats who mr cpu.

Personally I don't like the 'new' seasonals. It's not that they're hard just the fact everything is already chosen for me, only thing i can change is the car/tune. Let me change the tyres then we'll see who beats who mr cpu.

They'll let you choose the tires. Just not what's better than theirs. :sly:

Anyway, if you use a better tires then all the efforts to make it difficult is nullified.

Used to play once a week for the seasonals and gold 1st or 2nd attempt and stopped. Now, these seasonals make me play more and bother with tuning. Frustrating yet fun.

At least getting gold is a small mark of achievement.

Let me change the tyres then we'll see who beats who mr cpu.

500full.jpg

This should read: "Let me improve my driving technique and then we'll see who beats who mr cpu."

I love that they are becoming more challenging. It feels like they are giving us an expanded A-spec and I figure they will cut back on GT5 and put all forces on GT6... Well I hope and dream anyway!

I'm by all mean all for more difficult racing. I'd much prefer a well earned 3rd rather than just running half arsed and getting easy wins.

Glad to see there's some complaining! Wew, it just wouldn't be right if everyone was happy.

Thank goodness PD has started throwing some curve balls at us. Maybe we'll get some improved AI along the way. At least they move out of the way for the most part. Ran a few at the Toscano Lambo race and had to dodge a spinning car-never seen that before. Still so easy to spook them by getting close, oh well.

I've just accepted the fact that these "races" are Time Trials with moving chicanes. I suppose it's better than running the track alone. You get used to figuring out the AI's bad race habits and adjust accordingly. But yeah, you have to work harder on some of these events than ever before.

Same here. 👍

I'm not trying to sound like I've thrown my toys out the pram because they've got harder. I appreciate that they've made it harder for us to test our skills, but with me not being a confident racer anyway, I tend to avoid seasonals now. I can't tune for the life of me, and the tunes I'm finding aren't really helping me.

There has been an upgrade to the AI or the AI is just running higher PP cars.
It's quite comical that this comes shortly after the introduction of PDA.
You have to love PD.

No question about it, the AI are better drivers now and faster paced. I don't think anyone will be crushing the Lambo Seasonal by 100 PP as has been done in the past...lol

I agree the Seasonals are getting harder. I love it! I can now take time to clear each event rather than gold off the bat. I'm not a real fan of Lambo's but after I learned how to drive it properly, with no aides, I found it a nice driving lesson and a learning experience.

Also, this gave me an excuse to break out the Chromeline Lambo :). Feels like I haven't driven that in ages.

Same here. 👍

I'm not trying to sound like I've thrown my toys out the pram because they've got harder. I appreciate that they've made it harder for us to test our skills, but with me not being a confident racer anyway, I tend to avoid seasonals now. I can't tune for the life of me, and the tunes I'm finding aren't really helping me.

You don't really need any tuning. I kept mine stock (as stock as I can get it) and managed to clear all the events, struggled a bit with them, but did it. I rarely use tuning (except transmission) in Seasonal Events. You need more time with your car and learn lines with it. Don't give up, Good Luck!

:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back