10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

img.php

Nissan Calsonic Impul GT-R '08 @ Suzuka Circuit

car_nissan_calsonic_impul_gtr_08.jpg
track_suzuka.jpg

Stewards Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event62_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

SuzukaCircuit_2copy.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Suzuka Circuit
  • Car: Nissan Calsonic Impul GT-R '08 (Recommended garage)
  • Tires: Racing Mediums (R2s)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: R/A functions allowed

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 27 (+1 formation lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First based on Qualification
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% Average lap (140 sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Normal
  • Pits: Open & Optional

Regulation Settings

• Performance Points: 595 PP
  • Power: N/A
  • Weight: N/A
  • Engine Tuning Modifications: N/A
  • Intake, Exhaust Modifications: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: N/A
  • Oil Change: N/A
  • Aero: N/A
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 80 mph / 120 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Suzuka Circuit is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

SuzukaCircuit_7copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested but I just have two questions.
The qualifying starts at what time and how many laps are we doing ?

I'm interested but I just have two questions.
The qualifying starts at what time and how many laps are we doing ?
Qualification for the EU race starts at 20:00 GMT and qualification for the NA race starts at 3:00 GMT. Everyone gets 2 timed laps to set their time.
If you're talking about the race the laps are not decided yet. We have to calculate how many laps we'll be doing for the race to take 45 to 60 minutes.

Last edited:
All right, so the time on the first post is when the qualification starts and that is the same for all the GTP_WRS online events ?

All right, so the time on the first post is when the qualification starts and that is the same for all the GTP_WRS online events ?
That's right, unless we use a different type of qualification.

Good, count me in for this one. 👍
I have just added myself to the database too, I've already raced in the 3D3 but that was like a year ago.

Good, count me in for this one. 👍
I have just added myself to the database too, I've already raced in the 3D3 but that was like a year ago.

No worries, you were still in our registry and on the friends list of the lounge... even after a year :lol: so you're good. 👍

I did notice your GTPlanet ID was 'LIL_KACHING' back then (or it was our mistake and that's what was listed) so I've updated that field on your driver record to your current GTP ID.

I've changed my username since I went prenium a couple of months ago. I promise to be more involved this time :lol:

Praiano, I saw you're trying to sign up for the NA Timeslot. 👍 and welcome!
There are a couple things you need to perform first though.
Sumit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form and then send the FR's on PSN to 'GTP_3D3Racing', 'GTP_3D3_A' and 'GTP_3D3_B'.

See you on track. :)

Welcome Praiano!

I've been a fan of your tunes for ages starting with this car in a series I ran last year so it's kind of ironic that your first online race with us is a non tuning event. :lol:

Maybe you can work magic with just brake bias. :lol:

Going to have to switch my status to reserve for this one, both time slots. Not sure I can make it this week. Next week I'm out also being the night before Thanksgiving and relatives will be over visiting.

Is this correct?
Official Practice Times: EU: Tuesdays @ 19:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific

Or should that be 20:00 GMT?

Just registered for the EU race as a reserve. Hope to have time for this, see you tonight in practice.

@ Jammy: I think practice begins at 20:00 GMT

Yes, Joel. Practice is at 20:00 GMT in wintertime. Same as the Race. Anoying copy/paste errors... :)

As for practice, nobody forbits setting up the lounge on other times as the official times. When you do, just leave a post you're in the lounge and maybe somebody will join you.

Thx. Busy week. Didn't run last week TT so wuold be nice to do online race at least.

Setting up the lounge now. I'll be back myself in 30 minutes.

Might cancel my registration. Wasn't clicking well with Suzuka during practice and plus England play Sweden in the footy tomorrow so I'll probably end up watching that.

Missed you in the lounge Jon... I'm in now for a few laps myself.

Lap count has been finalized at 27 (+1 formation lap). Race finish delay set to 140 secs.

The pole sitter needs to take is slow exiting the final chicane as it's fairly close to the timing line. Also note the timing line is *past* the overhead sign, so be careful not to jump the start and if you do jump the start before the line you must let up and not gain any positions.

Yeah sorry Tim, had company.

Not a problem Jon. Got in some decent practice. Update my status to confirmed for both race tomorrow. Still a chance something will come up for the EU race, but I'm 100% for NA.

Last edited:
Back