Andalucía - New Course Maker + Free Roam?

ELITE_CHICOMALO
So apparently new course maker sceneries are coming for GT6.

The scenery they showed at GT6 Presentation is Andalucía which could mean Free Roam could be also coming for GT6?.

You can see it at minute 14:00

What new locations will come along this one?

Photomode I guess, or maybe a new fictional city track. Don't think it has anything to do with freeroaming.

That is the city of Ronda in Malaga.

37-Ronda.jpg

Tajo-de-Ronda-Andalsur-Excursiones.jpg

I was thinking Photo Mode as well. But they did mention something about Course Maker and this location. Could be that it's just a new template, or who knows... Either way, the place looks fantastic!

I think that as part of a course maker course you would be able to integrate any part of the urban area, whilst at the same time creating road surface on the parts that don't have buildings on. Whether the buildings and road layouts can themselves be randomly generated, or even user defined, I don't know. In a way I hope not, because a random generator will not offer the variety of scenery or detail that an artist's work will produce.

I can't imagine that we'll get Arria or Amalfi with this sort of thing available anyway.

I was thinking Photo Mode as well. But they did mention something about Course Maker and this location. Could be that it's just a new template, or who knows... Either way, the place looks fantastic!

I think it's going to be like Toscana. That had a fixed rally circuit, a course maker template, and as a photo travel location.

Personally I think that footage was the photo location. In GT they like to make the cars look like they're driving in the photo location.

No, I was told you'll be able to create your own circuit from the city streets in the new Course Maker. 👍

This. I believe the Course Maker will work with different regions and that they will be available as DLC as well. You'll probably get various regions in Europe, Japan, North America, South America etc. Probably include some city courses, country side courses and mixes of the two if we're lucky.

Photomode I guess, or maybe a new fictional city track. Don't think it has anything to do with freeroaming.
I think free roam could be implemented into/ is a part of this.Im guessing from looking at it you will be racing on the streets you see since,like they said, you will be able to make the course in the scenery. So it seems like to me that all or most of those roads are open to be driven on.
Fingers crossed

This. I believe the Course Maker will work with different regions and that they will be available as DLC as well. You'll probably get various regions in Europe, Japan, North America, South America etc. Probably include some city courses, country side courses and mixes of the two if we're lucky.

Ooooooohhhh, I like the sound of that. From what I'm seeing, GT6 looks to be a little expanded over GT5, but a lot more interesting.

No, I was told you'll be able to create your own circuit from the city streets in the new Course Maker. 👍

I wander if it's something like PGR3, where you create the path & it barricades off the other streets, since the streets are already defined. This would be something different than what the Course Maker normally does or I'm just misunderstanding.

I wonder, could we use the GPS data feature to make an old road circuit in coursemaker, like say... Reims, Rouen, Pescara or the old Spa-Francorchamps? :D

Scenery might be different, but would be cool if we make the same layouts and elevation changes this way. We would need to convince some Europeans to drive over those old circuits (which are now roads again) to make them in coursemaker for the rest us. :D :lol:

Yeah we missed out on more cruising by not having Cita D'Aria and costa De amalfi. Here's your "free roam" :)

That is the city of Ronda in Malaga.
37-Ronda.jpg

I wonder what the city's slogan is?

"Ronda - Livin' on the edge."

It does look great on that presentation, I'm curious to how exactly it will work. Will it use the existing roads to build a course, or will it layout new roads on the fields? Free roam would be nice, looks like a great location for the Fiat 500 :D

I wonder what the city's slogan is?

"Ronda - Livin' on the edge."

It does look great on that presentation, I'm curious to how exactly it will work. Will it use the existing roads to build a course, or will it layout new roads on the fields? Free roam would be nice, looks like a great location for the Fiat 500 :D

I live close to Ronda, and it's funny, because for GT5 I wished they had put some landscape of this area in the game. Now my dreams come true, it's my homeland! I don't know what the motto of Ronda is, I live in the coast (Costa del Sol).

In Málaga there's a big variety of landscape, but it's mainly mountain (1-2kms high, Mediterranean like, not like the Alps...). Actually, the road that goes from the coast to Ronda is pretty infamous as a very curvy road... My guess is, this course maker theme will recreate curvy mountain roads probably mixed with high hills filled with olive trees, white-building towns and Mediterranean forest - not Toscana like, which is more like flat hills and brownish towns.

Moreover, there's a huge private racing track close to Ronda (Ascari Racing Track), so I'd bet we are going to have Ascari+Málaga landscape+Ronda photomode. There's also Jerez circuit in Andalucía, but this is farther away.

Give me this and I'll go to Japan and kiss Yamauchi's feet myself. Only seeing Puente Nuevo (New Bridge) in the trailer made me cry already...

PS: the bullfighting arena is, most probably, the biggest and oldest of the world

You should post some comparison photos of the real place when GT6 is released 👍

Well, I live in the coast. I might go there in July, though, short trip from home, and take some pictures and share them when there's more info. However, I can tell you, the very first second I saw the bridge, I recognized it. It's amazingly well recreated. Also the aerial views, they look just like the city. I just hope they include the coast-to-Ronda road, and not just the small hills surrounding the city... That would really be the interesting thing for me, being able to drive the curvy road that made me vomit every time when I was little :D Oh, and also Ascari :D

everyone there drives a honda?

Yes, of course :D No other cars allowed

👍
Good to hear, this is what I was hoping for.

I imagine it will now be possible to create semi-urban/semi-rural courses like Enthusia's Burgenschlucht or historic Pescara or Brno. Really looking forward to that. :)

Tracks vaguely like this:

Last edited:
👍
Good to hear, this is what I was hoping for.

I imagine it will now be possible to create semi-urban/semi-rural courses like Enthusia's Burgenschlucht or historic Pescara or Brno. Really looking forward to that. :)

Tracks vaguely like this:

Oh boy, you just hyped me up even more from that fantasic idea. :D Really looking forward to creating some tracks in beautiful areas. 👍

EDIT: Loved Enthusia's fictional tracks, especially that one you've posted. :) They inspire me to create wonderful ones which will happen in GT6! :D

Last edited:
Back