The Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 2,697 comments

Darin

(Banned)
drivingforceproscreen1.gif
drivingforceproscreen2.gif

Post your Driving Force Pro questions in this thread.

-Steering Wheel Driver seats:
AUS racing sims
RaceBase
HyperDrive
Playseats

UK racing sims
GamePod
VisionRacer
GameRacer

US racing sims
Virtual Racer X
Virtual Racing Chassis
HyperDrive America

-Driving Force Pro Price Listing:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?c...&page=products/details&CRID=97&CONTENTID=7226

-Driving Force Price Listing:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?c...&page=products/details&CRID=97&CONTENTID=5028

Driving Force Pro Options
- 900 Degree Mode:
SELECT + R3 + RIGHT PADDLE

- 100% Force Feedback mode:
SELECT + R3 + LEFT PADDLE

- Repeat the process to go back to the standard modes.

- PC Downloads:
-Download the following link to make the Driving Force Pro usable for the PC.
http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs440enu.exe

- Logitech HQ:
Logitech Inc. Corporate Headquarters
6505 Kaiser Drive
Fremont, CA 94555 USA

+1 510-795-8500 Main

+1 800-231-7717 Sales

+1 702-269-3457 Customer Support
(7 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST)

PlayStation®2 Driving Games Compatible with Logitech's Driving Force and Driving Force Pro steering wheels

18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker ™ by Acclaim
Auto Modellista by Capcom Entertainment
Burnout™ by Acclaim
Burnout 2: Point of Impact™ by Acclaim
Colin McRae™ 3 by CodeMasters Software
Colin McRae™ Rally 4 by Codemasters
Driven by Bam Entertainment
F1™ 2001 by Electronic Arts
F1™ 2002 by Electronic Arts
F1™ Career Challenge by Electronic Arts
Ferrari® F355 Challenge™ by Sega
Formula One 2001™ by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Formula One 2002™ by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Formula One 2003™ by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Gran Turismo™ Concept: 2001 Tokyo by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Gran Turismo™ Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Gran Turismo™ 3 A-spec by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Gran Turismo™ 4 by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Grand Prix Challenge by Atari
Hot Wheels ™ Velocity X by THQ
Initial D: Special Stage by Sega
Knight Rider™ by Universal Interactive
Lotus Challenge™ by Virgin Interactive Entertainment
Midnight Club II™ By Rockstar Games
Motor Mayhem ™ by Atari
NASCAR® Heat™ 2002 by Atari
NASCAR® Heat™ 2: Road To The Championship
NASCAR® Thunder™ 2002 by Electronic Arts
NASCAR® Thunder™ 2003 by Electronic Arts.
NASCAR® Thunder™ 2004 by Electronic Arts
Need For Speed™: Hot Pursuit 2 by Electronic Arts
Need For Speed™ Underground by Electronic Arts
Pro Race Driver by CodeMasters
R: Racing Evolution by Namco
Rally Championship by CodeMasters
Rally Fusion: Race of Champions by Activision
RoadKill by Midway
Shox™ Electronic Arts
Smuggler´s Run 2: Hostile Territory by Rockstar Games
Starsky & Hutch™ by Gotham Games
Street Racing Syndicate by Namco
The Simpsons™ Hit & Run by Vivendi Universal
The Simpsons™ Road Rage by Electronic Arts
Total Immersion Racing™ by Empire Interactive
Test Drive® by Atari
Test Drive® Off-Road: Wide Open™ by Atari
Twisted Metal Black Online by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002 by Atari
World Rally Championship™ by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
World Rally Championship™ II Extreme by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
V-Rally™ 3 by Atari

List updated November 2003

They should make a whole forum on this...there are just so many questions. Like a "wheels" forum. But this is a good idea. It stops all of the newbies from creating new threads and helps them to stay clean, making this a sticky is a good idea.

Yes, Cause thats exactly what I thought. Making 1 thread to feel your questions about the steering wheel will definatly clean up the GT3 Forum.

there are actually a lot of questions about the DFP, and since it's a pretty big investment for a video game accesory, people want to know a lot of details on it. and the manual isn't really a manual.

i agree that either a sticky or a whole forum just for wheels and stuff would be good.

I've got a major problem with my DFP. I can't control the car properly with it, it takes a whole second for the car to respond to my commands.

If I lookat my from the front, when I turn the wheel, the wheels on the car turn immediately, however when it's driving, the response SUCKS!

It feels like crap, does anyone have the same problem as me?

It works fine for me on GT Concept but its STUFFED for GT3!

Does the 900 degree mode work with GT3? I'm right now looking into buying one, and then building a small table for it to be mounted on (If I buy one). Or would I be better off buying a regular GT Force for about half the price of a pro?

Leo_Straight6
I've got a major problem with my DFP. I can't control the car properly with it, it takes a whole second for the car to respond to my commands.

If I lookat my from the front, when I turn the wheel, the wheels on the car turn immediately, however when it's driving, the response SUCKS!

It feels like crap, does anyone have the same problem as me?

It works fine for me on GT Concept but its STUFFED for GT3!

Maybe if you don't force it left and right and smoothly turn the wheel, maybe it would work better. ;)

And it seems like you're talking about the GT Force.

how do i unlock the 900 mode on GT3 i tried the code but didnt work...help please...
the 900 mode dont work on gt3 :indiff: only 200, i got my off overstock.com for 80 it was factory recondition..iz brand new when i got it

Darin
Maybe if you don't force it left and right and smoothly turn the wheel, maybe it would work better. ;)

And it seems like you're talking about the GT Force.

Yeah but the thing is, that it works fine in GT Concept, and not in GT3....

Darin
Thats weird, it should work fine with GT3.

You probably didn't change GT3's driving assist in the options. There are four choices, Beginner, Amateur, Professional and Simulation. I always run it on Simulation because it feels, well, the most realistic, but you just experiment with whatever you prefer. GTC lacks the Simulation mode option btw, which makes it a lot less fun in my book.

mine was on simulation for the first week i bought it and i was like wtf why cant i countersteer properly and then i changed the settings to pro and its alot nicer...but takes a lil time to get used to. You may also want to recalibrate it if u havent alrdy. i think its a GREAT investment especially for upcoming GT4

i did that but nothing happen , i also follow the order like select+R3+right paddle and nothing happen.....is this because of GT3 game..(i bought for 20)

Is a wheel seriously necessary? :dunce:
Maybe you guys can help me out? ;)
I'm a Div One racer in weekly series, but I always seem to be a second or so behind the top guys like Mr P, GoKents and Unified. :scared:
I've been a devout D-padder from original PSone and GT1 days, and I've never tried a wheel. :nervous:
How much difference does it make? I've never used the analogue sticks to any great effect, as I'm quicker with the old D-pad. :confused:
How much of a difference do you folks & folkesses with wheels reckon it made to you guys, over the D-pad? :P
Answers in seconds/per lap please! :rolleyes:
:cheers:

skyazen
i did that but nothing happen , i also follow the order like select+R3+right paddle and nothing happen.....is this because of GT3 game..(i bought for 20)

You may have to hold the button combo(s) down for a few seconds...for the 900 Degree unlock, you'll see the right Green LED at the top of hub flicker. For the FF unlock/change You'll see the left Green LED blink and you may feel the wheel "twitch" a bit.

@ Smallhorses - I've always used a wheel, so much that I can't drive with the DS2 at all (and I suck at GT2 and GT1 for that reason). AFAIK, most of the fast drivers have made the transition to the wheel over the last year or so, either the MOMO or more recently the DF Pro...There's still some debate over whether the very top drivers are faster with DS2 or a wheel, but I think all will agree that the wheel is a more immersive experience ;)

Back