"The Last Great Race!"

• Thread starter tuff240
  • 20 comments
"The Last Great Race!"​

50+ entries and spanning almost 3 years, this should be the largest spot race in GT3 OLR history. Don't miss your chance to be part of GT3 history!

I also plan on continuing this race in GT4, car and track permitting of course.

Over at GT3Times there is a thread that was their first OLR challenge. It was started Sept 5, 2001 and the last post before me was June 24, 2004! Yes, that's right, over 2.5 years old! 20 pages long and 50 drivers entered. Lots of top drivers and lots of FAST times.

I've been running it a little bit for the last couple of days and slowly working my way up in the finishing positions.

I'm going to post their results here and add Arco's time in (hope he don't mind). I will also be adding my time (LOL...saying my name and Arco's name in the same sentence just seemed wrong.) and update it for anyone else that would like to submit a 100% clean run. Basically I will be following the rules from the original challenge, so you can view those if there any questions.

Link to the original thread at GT3Times: Click here

Replays available on the webpage.
The Last Great Race Webpage: Click here

Race:

Mode: Arcade, Free Run
Car: Castrol Tom's Supra
Track: Tokyo Route 246
Time Limit: The day GT4 is released worldwide.

Rules:

You have to use a Castrol Tom's Supra Arcade car (463BHP).
You can turn ASM/TCS on or off.
100% wall free run!
Top 10 times must have replay available ASAP.

Leaderboard:

TheLastGreatRaceleaderboard.jpg

Good luck!

I'm keen, glad you posted it here, means I don't have to register over there.

This spot race is now on 6 different OLR forums (including here) and I have built a webpage for it also.
Webpage link: http://www.tuff240.com/thelastgreatrace.htm
There are 6 links at the bottom of that page that take you directly to each thread in each different forum.

I can/will also host anybody's x-port/shark-port replay that has one for this race. Whether they are in 1st position or last makes no difference to me. You can email your replays to me at tuff240@prodigy.net

Leaderboard is current and has replays available for a few people in the top 10 (working on getting the others).

Updated times:
30th Kodiak31415 1'32.906. Shaved 8 tenths off his previous time. 👍
10th Slowpoke 1'31.074. New entry and a blazing run for sure! 👍

*EDIT- new updates:
Slowpoke updated his run to a 1'30.828 to move into 7th spot. 👍
onisracing entered his first time (1'33.821)for a solid 35th spot place. 👍

Leaderboard is constantly being updated with new times.
Make sure to check it out!

Today I added my newest time and replay also. 👍

Leaderboard, webpage and replays are all up to date.

I would like to note that the replays are not being formally verified. I am relying on all the racers to be honest and if you see a possible wall touch on someone's replay while viewing it, please PM or email me privately.

I have also added a due date (the day GT4 is released) as I don't see the need to to keep this updated past that point.

I would also like to thank everyone that has participated thus far. It's getting really close through-out the entire leaderboard! 👍

i will be given this a go on the weekend, i reckon i'd give myself 50% chance of getting the top time, and 80% chance of getting a top 3 time, i'll spend as long as it takes (no more than 5 hours) playing it, and i'll post a replay as soon as i get the top time, or something close to it

u will hear from me shortly

tuff240
I have also added a due date (the day GT4 is released) as I don't see the need to to keep this updated past that point.

Umm..hollo, I think you're a bit late...

But by all means go for the title as a personal challenge 👍

yeah, i just never noticed this race untill yesterday, i just wanna see if i can beat the top gt3 players, still yet to have a go though, but i will soon

holl01
yeah, i just never noticed this race untill yesterday, i just wanna see if i can beat the top gt3 players, still yet to have a go though, but i will soon

If you can beat the top time on this test you will get full props from me and everyone else for sure but as always the replay would be expected 👍

GT3 was so much better to drive than GT4 .... this test was one tough mutha to stay clean and fast just after T2 and at the last section .... Good luck guys 👍

oh yeah! ..... GT4 still sucks :)

I highly doubt anyone will be knocking those guys off of the top 3 spots anytime soon. I don't know if you know Il_monaco, Iain, or Tannis but I'm sure Ron can vouch for me that those weren't crap jobs in any way. I know Iain personally and he is still as fast as ever 👍.

icemanshooter23
I highly doubt anyone will be knocking those guys off of the top 3 spots anytime soon. I don't know if you know Il_monaco, Iain, or Tannis but I'm sure Ron can vouch for me that those weren't crap jobs in any way. I know Iain personally and he is still as fast as ever 👍.

For sure Ben! .... those sub 1.30's are nothing short of awesome! I was happy to get 1.30.1 after lots and lots of laps and some very sore thumbs!
its a thumb killer on the DS2 with such weight in the bends and you need a 100lbs of thumb pressure at the mid section bend alone :ill: ojk

anything under 1.30 is worthy of an applause! sadly I never quite made it ... but I'm used to being a nearly man :)

maybe a revamping in the identical race but with GT4 would be cool 👍 then again !!! :crazy:

Laters :sly:

I'd be up for the task, but I don't think I'd be able to supply a prize like the last one (did that ever get sent?). Anyways, I'll set up an interest thread at a couple sites to see what kind of feedback I get 👍

Ricolamb
lol...trust me..it's never been sent :P
I checked into sending him a copy and I couldn't read Italian to order from the sites I could find that would deliver to him. He doesn't have a Paypal account as that would have been an easy way to go. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm open to hearing it. I should have just sent him an international money order right when it ended, he would have at least gotten that by now.

Long story short... OZ opened his big mouth and I have yet to ful-fill his and then my promise. :embarrassed:

after a 1.5 hour session, i came very close to braking 1'30 barrier, but i dont see myself getting 1'29.437, that time is untouchable to me and to probably everyone

holl01
after a 1.5 hour session, i came very close to braking 1'30 barrier, but i dont see myself getting 1'29.437, that time is untouchable to me and to probably everyone
Times like that are what you can expect to see in BC5. ;)

Back