GT4 Special Preview Booklet thread.

• Thread starter Sambert
  • 133 comments

Sambert

Backsliden Member
Premium
Australia
Australia
The purpose of this thread is to provide an area for discussion of the GT4 preview booklet.
I will continue to upload each page into this first post.
We look forward to translations from Alpha and SHIRAKAWA Akira…

Samberto

Ok, that completes part one. Second part is car based, third part concerns tracks and locations.

It's now time for Samberto to take a little summer leisure. Part two added in the near future…

Oh, best of luck with the translation Alpha.

The translation is all SHIRAKAWA Akira's, I'm extremely tardy at Japanese, I'll just be rebuilding the booklet in English from his translations :).

Wow, thanks a lot Samberto. This is much appreciated. Even though in Japanese you can still get a lot of info from these pictures and some English. I like the picture of the garage where you can see the current car you're driving peeking out. Looking forward to some translations!! Does it say your garage will hold 6000 cars?

Just from looking at the GUI's and menu's you can tell GT4 is going to have an insane amount of options. 👍

8400RPM
Does it say your garage will hold 6000 cars?

Mmmm, unlikely. I don't know what the 6000 is for, but in the 'My Home' description, it says Max 1000 at one point. I imagine that is the maximum for the garage.

Still, I can't imagine having to scroll through 1000 cars... o.o

Thx Samberto ... keep the scan coming 👍
Pay attention to page-9, replay theater, first pic on the left
what track is this?
the mountain looks like the one from El Capitan
but Dirt and Audience ... simply a rally track
Chamonix? Cathedral Rock Trail?

Maven
Mmmm, unlikely. I don't know what the 6000 is for, but in the 'My Home' description, it says Max 1000 at one point. I imagine that is the maximum for the garage.

Still, I can't imagine having to scroll through 1000 cars... o.o

I think it says there are about 6000 different cars in different colours
so you need about 6 memory cards to keep all the cars with all colours
but 1000 cars in 1 save .. pretty good enough
who the hell will keep different year cars while they look the same (like most Honda's)

trEVO>
the first pic from the right in replay theater section
I think it is more likely the El Capitan ... look for the pics from TGS
El Capitan track has white ground on the left too
and there are 2 cars in that photos ...
but Nursnow is also possible

El Capitan is a tarmac track.

This dirt track in front of the El Capitan monolith has to be Cathedral Rock Trail since Chamonix has been mentioned as a real location elsewhere. And since Yosemite has many 'rock' formations, seems an apt name for the track differentiating it from the El Capitan track.

Our buddy from Torquay comes through for us GTPlaneteers again.

Pretty nice little preview there. While the files are pretty big, so is some of the information. Only thing is, I stink at Japanese. I'm trying, but... no good. Let's get some translations down sometime soon!

Although out of sequence, I have included the pic below as I am interested in the ASM/TCS section. The systematic upload will continue later.

samb33mi.jpg

sambsupra21hu.jpg

it seems GT3 style rally race is back
you can versus 1 or few AI car on rally track

Has anyone else noticed that on Page 9 it say LAN play....and the number 8 is mentioned!!!! Is this 8 cars???? Fantastic!!!! Only got 3 tv's at the moment but club the mates together for a multicar battle!!!!!

neilclasby
Has anyone else noticed that on Page 9 it say LAN play....and the number 8 is mentioned!!!! Is this 8 cars???? Fantastic!!!! Only got 3 tv's at the moment but club the mates together for a multicar battle!!!!!

It mentioned that Kaz said LAN mode can let 8 people battle together.

cobragt
Can we get someone to translate the latest scan? I also am interested in reading about the tcs and asm.

From what I see (in my own special preview book), "Driving Assist" options has TCS (traction control system) which prevents wheel slipping when start off, and ASM (active stability management) which prevents sliding and it will intervent with your control.

franz
I think it says there are about 6000 different cars in different colours
so you need about 6 memory cards to keep all the cars with all colours
but 1000 cars in 1 save .. pretty good enough
who the hell will keep different year cars while they look the same (like most Honda's)

That 6000 is 6000 different patterns on the cars. The garage can hold 1000 cars.

Back