HDTV for GT4

• Thread starter maxi
  • 218 comments
I'm quite confused about what I'll need to connect my PS2 to my HD TV in order to make it run in HD TV mode. All I have at the back of my TV are 2 connections for RGB leads, and a connection which I can plug my PC in to. I'll post a picture now.

I've seen leads which have Red Green and Blue connections on them, but when I look at my TV I can't find a place to plug them in to even though it is definitely HD TV. I'm really confused here. :s

The plug on the left looks like a DVI input. If your TV is "HD ready" (very important, things like "HD compatible" aren't enough!) and has no separate component inputs (red, green and blue plug), it will accept component signals through the DVI input. You will need an adaptor though. Are you sure there is no appropriate adaptor that came with the TV?

Regards
the Interceptor

I have like a cable which came with my TV with red green and blue wires, which also has a connection on the other end which you plug in to the DVI input you mentioned. My TV is definitely HD TV ready by the way.

Yeah, that's the one. Buy some Playstation 2 component cables and plug them into the adaptor. The other end goes into your TV, and there you go. You should also check the manual to find out how to put in analogue component signals through the DVI input.

EDIT: You should also check if your cable has three coloured plugs or jacks. If it has plugs, you'll need triple jacks, to connect the six plugs of your cable and the PS2 component cable.

Regards
the Interceptor

Just wanna make sure if we're talking about the same thing. :)

There's the cable which came with my TV.

Sorry for my ignorance, but this whole HD TV stuff is new to me. :s

No problem mate, I guess you're not the first one with this problem, and people reading this later will be helped as well.
You should definitely check the manual of your tv to find out if it accepts analogue 480p and 1080i component signals through that cable. If so, get this ...

... and one of these ...

... or three of those ...

You need them to connect the plugs from your TV cable to your PS2 cable.

Regards
the Interceptor

the Interceptor
No problem mate, I guess you're not the first one with this problem, and people reading this later will be helped as well.
You should definitely check the manual of your tv to find out if it accepts analogue 480p and 1080i component signals through that cable. If so, get this ...

... and one of these ...

... or three of those ...

You need them to connect the plugs from your TV cable to your PS2 cable.

Regards
the Interceptor

Thanks a lot, I've been confused about this for ages. :) Only one more question though;

Are you sure about getting one of those? The colours are different, and there are 5 leads on the PS2 component cable? :dopey: I've tried googling for some answers, but I couldn't find anything.

The colours are different, but still, it only connects three plugs with three plugs, no matter which signal they transport. And yes, the PS2 cable has five leads: three for the picture (red, green, blue) and two for the sound (the other red one, white).

Regards
the Interceptor

Back