Top Gear To Do A Gt4 Feature

• Thread starter rennie911
  • 126 comments
The television show "Top Gear" is doing a bit in the new series where Clarkson compares a Honda NSX at Laguna Seca in real life and the game.

Should be intresting.

P.S Theres more info in this months top gear magazine (which i jus got about 2 minutes ago đź‘Ť )

rennie911
The television show "Top Gear" is doing a bit in the new series where Clarkson compares a Honda NSX at Laguna Seca in real life and the game.

Should be intresting.

P.S Theres more info in this months top gear magazine (which i jus got about 2 minutes ago đź‘Ť )

Hey, thats cool. I remember having a discussion here about Top Gear doing GT4.

rennie911
Aye, i was jus driving back from work, got it in the petrol station.
If I lived close to you, i could get discount on Top Gear mags for you. Shame you do not, your have to go out with the discount lol.

do you guys think that they will be smart enough to use radial tires? or similar tires to whatever they are using in real life?

Should be interesting, I know Jeremy Clarkson likes GT4, I guess thats the reason they are doing this segment.

could someone outside of the states please tell me if top gear is still airing fresh episodes, cuz the episodes have stopped on discovery and the official site says the season is over, so if top gear is still on bbc, lemme know, i may have to move to england, or steal cable from england, oy, thats a lot of intercontinental cable, better get to walmart.

Yeah, just checked the site, airs BBC2 nov. 13. That means by the same wednesday, they will have edited all of the good parts out, and let us watch it on discovery channel, damn i need bbc.

440cuda9sec
Yeah, just checked the site, airs BBC2 nov. 13. That means by the same wednesday, they will have edited all of the good parts out, and let us watch it on discovery channel, damn i need bbc.
BBC Brazil does the same thing over here.

440cuda9sec

I don't see Top Gear listed in any U.S. listing over the next 2 weeks. It's not mentioned at all on Discovery's site, and if they were picking it up, I would think they'd have something. đź‘Ž

the top gear site says its air date is to be the 13th, discovery has not a word of anything top gear, dont know why, oh please tell me they have stopped airing it, i will die, i need my fix man, :scratchesneckuncontrollably:, oh come on, no smilie for that? :jeremyclarksonsmilie:, or that?, come on!

The last season just finished here on Sunday. D1 guy teaching Hammond to drift in a Monaro was classy. Even classier is Clarkson screwing his back doing drifts in a Monaro.

From the official site:

Gran Turismo NSX vs real Honda NSX
Sometime over the summer Jeremy became hooked on that acne-wracked teenager's favourite Gran Turismo 4, and that gave us an idea.

He was banging on about how sweetly his virtual Honda NSX handles and how excellent he is at flicking it around the digital version of the snaky Laguna Seca track in northern California.

So, we got an actual NSX and flew actual Jeremy on an actual plane to actual America to see if he could beat his computer-game lap time in real life. And that's no easy task because Laguna Seca is one of the world's most challenging tracks.

When you crash in the game, you make yourself a cup of tea and start again. If you crash at the real track, you will be drinking your tea through a straw. So, the perfect challenge for a middle-aged man with a dicky back, then.

They should come here and do some DRIFTING:sly: See if it's realistic:P

No really this is awsome:D:D

Edit: I really wanna know if u could recognize the entire nurenburgring in RL just by playing it on GT4.đź’ˇ

G-T-4-Fan
They should come here and do some DRIFTING:sly: See if it's realistic:P

No really this is awsome:D:D

Edit: I really wanna know if u could recognize the entire nurenburgring in RL just by playing it on GT4.đź’ˇ

Both Car and Evo magazines in the UK have done just that, the Evo one was part of the 8:00 min car challenge they tried and the Car one a direct comparison between GT4's 'ring and the real deal. A thread exists somewere in here on the Car magazine article.

In both cases they said that the GT4 version is very close, you lose out with the loss of perspective on a TV screen and some of the corners are slightly different. However both articles did say that as a method of learning the basic layout of the 'ring, GT4 is a great tool.

Regards

Scaff

Back