Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
title5vt.jpg

titleinfo9sa.jpg

WELCOME TO MY GALLERY, part two (had most of this topic done the first time, spent over an hour on it i think, and then accidently closed the window!). :D Anywho, it won't be updated as often as some people's galleries or probably up to the awesome quality of some but, with exception to some of the ones posted this time, i will only be putting pictures on that are up to my standards. ;) Below are a few usefull/useless tidbits of information about this gallery;

~ All pictures are taken straight from the memory card, into the USB stick and onto the computer where they are resized to 1024x768 and then left alone - no other processing is done to the pictures other than what can be done in Photomode.

~ All pictures resized with and all logo thingys made with Ulead Photo Express 3.0. *woo0otage!!!* ;)

~ I try to take pictures which don't have any of the following; blurred textures/words (from being too close), pixels, bland/repeditive textures/scenery and so on. I prefer the 'cleaner is better' way.

~ As i haven't spent hardly any time in Photomode (compared to some people here) my pictures don't take advantage of every adjustable available. I haven't yet started playing around with Aperture settings but recently started using the shutter speed and white balance more constructively.

~ Please feel free to comment, criticise and suggest! I hope you like my pics. :)

~ Photos sorted into four different categories; Scenery (pics with no cars), Old Pics (photo's taken before i downloaded over 80 mb of other peoples Photomode pics!), Good Pic, Bad Quality (pictures that would look a lot better if they were lighter or had a better quality) and Best Pics (save the best for last ;)).

~ Some of the pics in the 'Good Pics, Bad Quality' section could also be placed in the 'Old Pics' section. Just in case you were wondering. Which you weren't.

titleupdates5fa.jpg

FRIDAY, 13th January 2005
~ Jag XJ220 race car around Midfield, BMW M3 at night, Audi A4 DTM around the 'Ring!

THURSDAY, 29th December 2005
~ Scenic shots, R32 GTS-25 at LeMans, Mustang SVT Cobra R at Grand Valley and an R32 GT-R at Motegi

FRIDAY, 23rd December 2005
~ Did a (relatively big) update with a few different cars that aren't Skylines. :P

THURSDAY, 22nd December 2005
~ Created gallery (again)!

titlephotos3yr.jpg

SCENERY

OLD PICS

GOOD PICS, BAD QUALITY

BEST PICS

Cheers guys. Any suggestions, like are they too dark or anything?

More pics coming soon, filled up a memory card last night. :cool:

titleinfo9sa.jpg

BIG(ger than i thought) update this time! Out of all the Photomode tracks i think i'd have to say that the Japanese one with all the trees is the best looking. :) Below is whats new;

~ Crazy 350Z convertable driver going around a snow track with the top down!

~ Green Esprit racing around El Capitan and surrounded by bamboo (if thats what it is).

~ Really nice looking V8 GT Esprit in Photo travel.

~ Lowered Mercedes SL 500 at the tree place.

~ Red R32 GT-R at Amalfi.

~ Random scenic shots.

Try to ignore the sometimes bad looking thumbnails!

titlephotos3yr.jpg

SCENERY

GOOD PICS, BAD QUALITY

BEST PICS

Oh man, i had brightened them in the game, but now i've uploaded them they look dark again. :(

A couple are supposed to look dark though.

Try a photo editing prgram to brighten them up even more. Even if you brighten up all the way in the game they still seem kind of dark in some pics.

Very beautiful pics!
IMHO, the "best pics" should´ve been the scenery pics, or let´s say "most interesting pics"... I understand your philosophy of not editing your pics, which is just on the contrary of mine. But you really should use a prog for brighten up the pics. I think nobody would see this as manipulating the pic but as a pure necessity. :lol:
Otherwise there are a lot of great pics in your gallery, and I´d be happy to see more (esp. scenery) 👍 👍 👍

Prost! :cheers:

Thanks peeps. 👍 For the next set i might try a bit of post processing but only if it doesn't ruin them. :)

Oh and all the secnery pics can be classed as best pics too, i just chose to seperate them from pics with cars in them. :cool:

titleinfo9sa.jpg

ONLY A small update this time, i took heaps of pics and they mostly all looked good on the PS2 but when i put them on the computer most of them looked worse. I also didn't use any photo editing programs to lighten things up as i said i might above.

~ A few scenic shots

~ White R32 Skyline GTS-25

~ Mustang SVT Cobra R

~ R32 GT-R

titlephotos3yr.jpg

SCENERY

BEST PICS

Yeah thanks mate. :) I like taking scenery shots as it seems not many people do them.

Can i please hear anyone elses comments?

I like the scenery ones, but the Skyline race is my favorite. They look as if they were actually taken from the side of the track.

I like these:

http://img482.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gb066ey.jpg http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gb159yb.jpg http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?image=best427ou.jpg http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?image=best617qn.jpg http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?image=best630wg.jpg
http://img477.imageshack.us/my.php?image=best1137pz.jpg

You show some promise in these pics.

You are the only other person I've seen to post some original looking pics from Kyoto Forest. The other is a couple I'm going to post in my gallery :P In fact you took the exact same angle as one I'm about to post... purely coincidence.

Use some sort of PS program to fix the colors, you got the brightness right but the pics are still really pale.

Yeah they are probably pale because i set the brightness up to about seven most of the time. :eek: And thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm still not terribly sold on the whole post processing idea even though the quality could be increased somewhat.
Maybe i'll do a few pics in my next lot and have say, one as a normal GT4 shot and one fixed up a bit. May not be much difference at all. :) :cool:

And yeah, as hard as it is, i try to take pics from angles/views that i've never seen done before. Like the grandstand shot at Grand Valley (camera was zoomed in a bit even then!) and the bridge shots. Some replay views enable you to zoom out which is how i get some of those far away, high up shots.

And yeah, i really love the pic of the Mustang, Lambo engined car and the Mercedes SL 600 going over the blue bridge - the size of the cars compared to the mass of the bridge structure makes the picture i think. :)

Going back to the forest, i never actually knew that there was a turn in it before (i thought it was just a straight narrow bit) nor did i realise that you can 'hide' behind the bamboo on either side and take pics from there! So because i hadn't seen anything like that done before, after finding out about it i decided to use that section.

Mustang-man
Yeah they are probably pale because i set the brightness up to about seven most of the time. :eek: And thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm still not terribly sold on the whole post processing idea even though the quality could be increased somewhat.
Maybe i'll do a few pics in my next lot and have say, one as a normal GT4 shot and one fixed up a bit. May not be much difference at all. :) :cool:

And yeah, as hard as it is, i try to take pics from angles/views that i've never seen done before. Like the grandstand shot at Grand Valley (camera was zoomed in a bit even then!) and the bridge shots. Some replay views enable you to zoom out which is how i get some of those far away, high up shots.

And yeah, i really love the pic of the Mustang, Lambo engined car and the Mercedes SL 600 going over the blue bridge - the size of the cars compared to the mass of the bridge structure makes the picture i think. :)

Going back to the forest, i never actually knew that there was a turn in it before (i thought it was just a straight narrow bit) nor did i realise that you can 'hide' behind the bamboo on either side and take pics from there! So because i hadn't seen anything like that done before, after finding out about it i decided to use that section.

Exactly :) All I can say is experiment with some photoshopping program and use it for your benefit and see if you like what comes out.

Be on the lookout for my gallery and how I post those Kyoto forest ones :)

titleinfo9sa.jpg

I'm finding it increasingly harder to find cars/tracks to take photo's of but hopefully i can get a few more updates done. In this update i have a few from a Nurburgring race in a spectator's view (i.e. from the side of the track). I have actually brightened up most pictures with a photo editing programme too...

~ Jaguar XJ220 Race Car @ Midfield

~ Light blue BMW M3 at night

~ Audi A4 (?) DTM race Car @ Nurburgring

titlephotos3yr.jpg

SCENERY

BEST PICS

Thanks. :)

Yeah i kinda had the camera on the slightly less coloured option thingy (the one before the black & white option if you know what i'm talking about) to try get a more realistic look, but it just made them look dull. :eek:

hey man you got some nice pics in here. i like the lotus pics you have. and my favorite pic by you so far is the 1st one in the 4th row in your latest update

anyway nice gallery so far and im looking forward to your future update.

also please check out my gallery and leave a comment if you get some time. :)

Hmmm. I'm thinking of making a new topic, as the whole best pics thing doesn't work so well with me anymore (because most pics i'm not really happy with).

Thanks for the comments you left at my gallery, they are much appreciated. I like your gallery a lot. You have some great angles and shots of cars.

I particularly like your scenery shots. The scenery in GT4 is one of the most over looked part of the game. I'm in the middle of compiling a scenery update showcasing some of the sights that impress me.

Your scenery shots are very artistic and sometimes abstract, I like that. The shot of the corner on motegei (from under the bridge) is amazing! I like both versions. I like how you have changed the mood of the picture, cracking stuff! Keep up the good work mate! :dopey:

Hey thanks mate. :) I particulary like those two versions under the bridge too. :D I have more scenery shots in my next update but i might make a new gallery.

I liked your pictures a lot because they looked quite darkly realistic (hard to put into words). :cool:

Back