• Thread starter amar212
  • 301 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
Eurogamer has published the news:

Gran Turismo 4 Online Edition is due out in Q2 2006 and will include six-player online play along with worldwide server rankings and replay upload options.

That's been leaked to us as part of a bundle of marketing documentation, which Sony has yet to comment on.

GT4 Online Edition will include 700 real cars (from classic to ultra-modern supercars), 50 real tracks, and split-screen options in addition to six-player online racing.

There'll also be voice communication support to chat with other drivers and customisable online competitions.

The docs also point to what's described as a huge single-player challenge, despite the game's obvious multiplayer leanings, with B-Spec and Photo modes making it over intact from GT4.

We'd expect to hear more about GT4 Online Edition in the very near future.

****ENDS*****

resource - eurogamer - EDITED: the original web-page was removed because SCE has put a lawsuit threat to Eurogamer because of this info. Which pretty much gives the best confirmation about the accuracy of the information.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63012

EDITED: New Info 23-2-2006

There is a strong evidence that we'll be able to use out GT4 save in full in this "GT4 Online Edition" game.

I'll believe that when it's sitting in my PS2 and loaded up. If this is true, I will break my original GT4 disc upon purchase of the online edition, and guys I will see you online, lol.

I'm guessing it's the same as GT4 only with online mode, if it is I won't be getting it. It'll be a bit too late anyway probably, I'd have bought a PS2 network adapter if it had come out last year but the end of this year, I don't so, I'll be wanting the PS3 by then.

Oh man that's awesome, best be released here in the UK or there will be one hell of a riot...

I will see if I can get some more news about this Very Particular Subject.

From gameplay point and more - from retail point - structure just have to be different. What first comes to my mind is a gameplay-structure introduced in Tourist Trophy. It is a great structure for unlocking items and progressing through the game, still less demanding then one in original GT4.

The single player better be different, seeing as it "states" 700 real cars, 30 less then GT4 "Beta". I'll be hiring this out before I buy it

News articles stated a lot about GT4 that wasn't 100% accurate, including 700 cars.

hhmmm, my biggest question is, if something changes on the single player modus. cause in online i am not so much into that....

and of cours guys, i hope that there is cockpit view :)

Greycap
The most important question for me is: is it possible to use a GT4 game save in that game?

i would assume that it will be compatible with the GT4 game saves. If it didnt then they would be seriously shooting themselves in the foot as the average gt game has the life expectancy of 2 years (hence the "planned" 2 year gap in between each gt game) and i would have thought with the launch of the PS3 penciled in for December 06/January 07 and the apparent launch of a new GT game with the PS3 (beleive that when i see it!) that the game is going to be incredibly short and focus on Online racing with a few license style tests for the unlockables

Spec...

If there is a good number of changes and additions to GT4 sure I'll snap it up, but I'm not paying £30 for GT4 again, £30 for a network adapter and a £5 per month charge from my ISP just to get online in GT4.

Wow Armar 212 thats one nice bit of info you have been privy to and what a bolt out of the blue. Cheers for the heads up :)

Specialized
i would assume that it will be compatible with the GT4 game saves. If it didnt then they would be seriously shooting themselves in the foot as the average gt game has the life expectancy of 2 years (hence the "planned" 2 year gap in between each gt game) and i would have thought with the launch of the PS3 penciled in for December 06/January 07 and the apparent launch of a new GT game with the PS3 (beleive that when i see it!) that the game is going to be incredibly short and focus on Online racing with a few license style tests for the unlockables

Spec...
Heres what I'm thinking, this will be GT4 but online, it might have a few new cars like the new Impreza, Lancer, Audi R8 we saw in the VGT vid ect. But it'll largely be the same as GT4. There will also be no GT game for the PS3 at the consoles lauch, not unless the console launches late 2007 or later, the info regarding a GT game being released at the PS3's lauch was more likely a mistake, confuing GT5 with GT4:embarrassed:nline, probably jsut misscommunication.

No idea what's going on with this piece of news, but if this story hold true, then I will have to check it out, as I live in the US and have the slim PS2, nothing to lose. This better make some sense, like being able to transfer saves or it can read the original GT4 data on your memory card, if they tossed in any cars they'll cars that they cut running up to the release deadline of GT4, nothing new, that'll be a colossal waste of time.

But meeeh, I'm not gettin my hopes up, might just be a beta to test PS HUB for PS3, utilizing a demanding game, bandwidth wise like GT4. Who knows what the hell is going on here?

Honestly, as long as the online is more stable then Xlink, I'll be all for it.

I think the only thing that gives Xbox driving games an advantage over PS2 driving games is the online competition. With this addition, it should really help to level the playing field.

Not to mention PD told us this was coming out Q2 LAST year. :grumpy:

50 real tracks

So no GT tracks but all based on reallife :sly: Monza, Silverstone, Brandshatch, Spa :crazy: anyone :sly:

Hope they update carlist with more "current" and more european models

Do I smell PSP compatibillity :crazy: ????

live4speed
If there is a good number of changes and additions to GT4 sure I'll snap it up, but I'm not paying £30 for GT4 again, £30 for a network adapter and a £5 per month charge from my ISP just to get online in GT4.

Wouldn't worry about it - you CAN'T buy network adapters any more in any case.

Oh, I haven't been in any games shops for about 8 months, I buy them all online these days and have never looked for a network adapter.

Famine
Wouldn't worry about it - you CAN'T buy network adapters any more in any case.

Is that just in England? Because you can get them over in USA without any major problem.

Yeah, this is huge.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I have a friend or 3 I could gift my existing copy of GT4 to.

Tonight I'll have to start work on laying network cable to my PS2 in the living room. :D

I hope you can still buy network adaptors in Canada. I never bought one because I never needed one, but i this comes out, ill need one.

I also think this might explain the GT4-model Audi R8 Oreca and Pescarolo C60 ('05) seen in the vision GT videos. I would expect those two cars as well as Valencia in this game. That alone is enough would probably convince me to buy this.

Swift
Is that just in England? Because you can get them over in USA without any major problem.

Sony stopped manufacturing the Network Adapter right at the time the PSTwo came out.

Latest Posts

Back