GTP Le Mans Series- Intrest/Sign up

• Thread starter PitwrkzZ1
  • 50 comments
GTP Le Mans Series
top_page_header_04.jpg

Modled after the highly competitive and world famous American Le Mans Series, the GTP Le Mans Series will feature two classes: GT and P1. GT will have cars that are built for the streets, but full race cars. Chassis eligible for GT1 include:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car w/ Stage 3 turbo
Falken GT-R Race Car w/Stage 3 turbo
Team Oreca Viper Race Car
Compuware C5R Race Car
Amuse S2000 GT1 w/ Stage 4 turbo
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car w/ Stage 3 turbo
HKS Genki Hyper Silvia
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 w/ Stage 4 turbo

All cars are completely stock unless otherwise noted. All cars will run Racing Medium tires. Cars eligible for P1 include:
Audi R8
Pescarolo Courage-Peugeot C60 ('03)
Playstation Pescarolo-Judd ('04)
Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car
All cars are completely stock unless otherwise noted. All cars will run Racing Medium tires. All other settings are completely up to the team, as long as the car remains stock.

Race Schedule
20 Laps of Seattle *OPTIONAL* Deadline July 8 6pm
Fuji Grand Prix- 10 Laps-Deadline July 17 6pm (Fuji 2005 GT)
12 Laps at Mid-Field Raceway- Deadline July 22 6pm
Infineon Grand Prix-10 Laps- Deadline July 29 6pm
GTP at Apricot Hill-10 Laps- Deadline August 5 6pm
40 Laps of Le Mans *OPTIONAL* Deadline August 12 6pm (Cicuit de la Sarthe I)
Clubman Stage Grand Prix-15 Laps- Deadline August 19 6pm
12 Laps at Autumn Ring- Deadline August 26 6pm
Trial Mountian Grand Prix-10 Laps- Deadline Sept. 2 6pm
Monterey Sports Car Championships-10 Laps- Sept. 6pm (Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca)

Rewards Weight-
1st place:60 kg(?)
2nd place:50 kg
3rd place:40 kg
4th place:30 kg
5th place:20 kg
6th place:10 kg
(This is for both classes)

Points System-
1st place:6 points
2nd place:5 points
3rd place:4 points
4th place:3 points
5th place:2 points
6th place:1 point

More than 1 team may use a specific chassis, but there will only be 15 GT teams allowed and 10 P1 teams. Post your team name, chassis and number. Teams may enter both GT1 and P1. First come first serve. Deadline for registration is Friday June 7.

So....anyone intrested? :)

Just a little advice. This may not be the best time to run a new competition with all of the others currently running.

You also need to provide some more information. Is this in arcade mode? Are we racing with AI? How many drivers per team?

Yes, interesting, but it may be hard to field a big group. How do you add reward weight to GT mode cars (I'm assuming since you speak of Stage X turbos etc...).

-SHig

I think that it'd be in the "ballast" section of the tuning for adding "REWARD" weight. And as for races, you can pick from a smattering of Extreme and Professional league races, aka GranTurismo Alstars (allthough they are a bit short) or GT World Championship.

it REALLY sounds like a good idea, but as Ebiggs says (and my signiture can attest to), there are a LOT of series going on now.

Perhaps another idea is to run it in Arcade mode, but instead of "+ x-stage Turbo", adjust the weights and power settings w/ the slider-bars. It'd take some testing, but it can be done quick enough. And the easier it is to get into a tourney, the better it can be. FIA GT3, while a good idea (sorry Piedros) is a pain in the ^#@ to get total times from, and I'm dropping out only because of that.

ICallShotgun
I think that it'd be in the "ballast" section of the tuning for adding "REWARD" weight. And as for races, you can pick from a smattering of Extreme and Professional league races, aka GranTurismo Alstars (allthough they are a bit short) or GT World Championship.

it REALLY sounds like a good idea, but as Ebiggs says (and my signiture can attest to), there are a LOT of series going on now.

Perhaps another idea is to run it in Arcade mode, but instead of "+ x-stage Turbo", adjust the weights and power settings w/ the slider-bars. It'd take some testing, but it can be done quick enough. And the easier it is to get into a tourney, the better it can be. FIA GT3, while a good idea (sorry Piedros) is a pain in the ^#@ to get total times from, and I'm dropping out only because of that.

Duh, forgot about that ballast tune... Thanks!

-Scott

m.piedgros
What would your policy on running a limited schedule be?

m.piedgros
You mean shorter than the one I posted? That would be fine if everyone agrees.
I'm going to be gone for the next week, so don't think I forgot about this... just post your questions and suggestions and I'll get to them next Sunday.

I gotta tell you. I love the concept, and I really love the piggy-backing on ALMS, on of my favorite racing series' ever. However I do have a few problems with the car lists for both classes and that makes me ask, would it be alright if I made a few suggestions to change the classifications if at all possible?

m.piedgros

[EDIT]: It'd also be best to run in Arcade Mode.[/EDIT]

Biggs is right, this might not be the best time, but I really don't want to see this series die. Might need a little more work on the cars and classes, and I am a firm believer in Arcade mode for racing series w/ multi-lappers. Some Testing might be necessary, and I'd be willing to help w/ that.

Also, car lists might need to be updated. Peugoet 905 and Toyota GT1 in the LMP group, and perhaps the Gillet and Lister in the GT group. With weight and/or HP adjustments, they can be equal-ish. Again, I'd be willing to do the testing...i kinda already am.

Sure, any suggestions are welcomed. And arcade probably is a better idea, I didn't even think of that. I dunno about the Peugoet and Toyota, I wanted to keep it mostly modern LMP rather than Group C. But the Gillet and Lister are good, I forgot about those too.

Any chance, if you're going to keep it in GT mode or run it in arcade mode (which could even it up with the rest of the field), that you could include the Mitsubishi FTO Touring Car???
Thanks,
Danisfast
PS Yes, this looks like a very good idea, so I'll be checking back every so often to make sure it doesn't die!!

Actually Dan, I've been doing a TON of testing on all cars that are eligible. Right now I have 30 seperate cars in 5 different classes eligible.

I've done the testing in Arcade Mode, which I think is better for racing series anyway. The FTO, at least I've found, burns through tires WAY too fast to be eligible. If you want it, I can re-include it, but right now it's off the list.

I've got about 4 ideas for seperate racing series. Super-Touring / Touring is one of them, but right now, I'm working on balancing LMP1, LMP2, GTS, GT, and GTL cars in Arcade. Might end up sending the work to Pitwrks and he can steward, or it might be collaborative, who knows.

ICallShotgun, your Super Touring/Touring car series would be with cars that already exist in a racing form in the game? Or would it be a GT Mode series where competitors can design and build there own cars? Personally, as you may be able to tell. I prefer the concept of building your own cars as GT4 really failed on a couple levels in terms of content. For me, the sound of the cars is one of the failures. I love Arcade Mode as it allows you to design your own series and equalize the cars with relative ease, as JGTC has taught us, but again, my question is, will you be running cars that already exist in the game? (That is if you were to create that Super Touring/Touring Car series.)

m.piedgros

m.piedgros
my question is, will you be running cars that already exist in the game? (That is if you were to create that Super Touring/Touring Car series.)

m.piedgros

yes, Arcade mode is what I would always use. Not a fan of GTMode series.

and Dan, classes and cars haven't been decided yet, but

LMP1 is 800hp @ 900kg
LMP2 is 750hp @ 1000kg
GTS is 600hp @ 1150kg
GT is 450hp @ 1100kg
GTL is 300hp @ 1100kg

These are ALL rough estimates, and some cars are WAY different than their clases to make them equal.

Need help testing or deciding??? I've been working on various ways to run Race Car tournament for quite some time now, though only the sports car championship made it in the end, I might be able to help if you need it.
Thanks,
Danisfast
PS if there was some way you could fit the FTO into it mate, I'd be a happy man, even if it was a slower class, and allowing more power to compensate for the tyres etc.

GTP Le Mans Series
top_page_header_04.jpg

Modled after the highly competitive and world famous American Le Mans Series, the GTP Le Mans Series will feature two classes: GT and P1. GT will have cars that are built for the streets, but full race cars. Chassis eligible for GT1 include:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car w/ Stage 3 turbo
Falken GT-R Race Car w/Stage 3 turbo
Team Oreca Viper Race Car
Compuware C5R Race Car
Amuse S2000 GT1 w/ Stage 4 turbo
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car w/ Stage 3 turbo
HKS Genki Hyper Silvia
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 w/ Stage 4 turbo

All cars are completely stock unless otherwise noted. All cars will run Racing Medium tires. Cars eligible for P1 include:
Audi R8
Pescarolo Courage-Peugeot C60 ('03)
Playstation Pescarolo-Judd ('04)
Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car
All cars are completely stock unless otherwise noted. All cars will run Racing Medium tires. All other settings are completely up to the team, as long as the car remains stock.

Race Schedule
20 Laps of Seattle *OPTIONAL* Deadline July 8 6pm
Fuji Grand Prix- 10 Laps-Deadline July 17 6pm (Fuji 2005 GT)
12 Laps at Mid-Field Raceway- Deadline July 22 6pm
Infineon Grand Prix-10 Laps- Deadline July 29 6pm
GTP at Apricot Hill-10 Laps- Deadline August 5 6pm
40 Laps of Le Mans *OPTIONAL* Deadline August 12 6pm (Cicuit de la Sarthe I)
Clubman Stage Grand Prix-15 Laps- Deadline August 19 6pm
12 Laps at Autumn Ring- Deadline August 26 6pm
Trial Mountian Grand Prix-10 Laps- Deadline Sept. 2 6pm
Monterey Sports Car Championships-10 Laps- Sept. 6pm (Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca)

Rewards Weight-
1st place:60 kg(?)
2nd place:50 kg
3rd place:40 kg
4th place:30 kg
5th place:20 kg
6th place:10 kg
(This is for both classes)

Points System-
1st place:6 points
2nd place:5 points
3rd place:4 points
4th place:3 points
5th place:2 points
6th place:1 point

More than 1 team may use a specific chassis, but there will only be 15 GT teams allowed and 10 P1 teams. Post your team name, chassis and number. Teams may enter both GT1 and P1. First come first serve. Deadline for registration is Friday June 7.

So....anyone intrested? :)

I am very intersted in joining.
BTW, is it Possible that perhaps you could also include include the BMW V12 LMR? you mentioned modern LMP1 and I thought that could be included too since its Technically a Modern LMP1. if Possible,I plan on running that car and the BMW M3 GTR in GT.

LOL I'm not involved in running this series!!!
However, I'm well informed that testing is still underway. Though I think that it might be a decent idea to keep it at the top of the forum in some way, even its through updates or whatever...I love the idea and can't wait for it to go ahead!!!
Danisfast

I would like to make a Suggestion(whoever eventually runs the Comp): I think LMP1 and GT1 should be just LMP and GT seeing as there is only one GT2 car in GT4(which is the BMW M3 GTR) and there are no LMP2 cars. and the "Rewards weight" might be a problem as from testing it out myself, it effects Prototypes much more differently then GT cars and there isn't an exact way to measure the KGs so I think that will be a headache.
BTW, I have my Team name ready as well as my cars, which I'm currently practicing with to get a good feel for them. and if it is okay, I would like to have a Partner.

Just a question, out of curiosity,

Obviously this series is made up of Le Mans class cars, but then you only feature the Le Sarthe circuit once! AND then make it 'optional'!

Why?

A bit daft, if you ask me!

Otherwise, it looks good. A little complicated as far as weight pens/rewards, but good.

Neil

Okay fellas, I'm taking charge. This is now my series. It'll look a little different when my hands get on it but... that'll be for the best of all racers and (A)LMS purists.

m.piedgros

A new GTPLMS thread will be created soon. I have a car list ready (5 classes, GTP is the fifth.) Rules and regulations will be simple, no rewards weight or anything, however the sanctioning body will make changes to certain competitors cars if necessary. Arcade mode race series, Circuit de la Sarthe will be mandatory.

m.piedgros

Cool! I'll be looking forward to it!

Neil

A new GTPLMS thread will be created soon. I have a car list ready (5 classes, GTP is the fifth.) Rules and regulations will be simple, no rewards weight or anything, however the sanctioning body will make changes to certain competitors cars if necessary. Arcade mode race series, Circuit de la Sarthe will be mandatory.

m.piedgros

Thanks for getting rid of the rewards weight.
BTW, are the original circuits going to be normal or reverse?

Hey guys, sorry I haven't really been on lately (PC crash, vacation, football practice) but I'm glad this has been kept going. I'd still like to be involved, so whoever is running the series now can shoot me a PM or email/IM me at HKS118@aol.com. AIM is HKS118.

Dunno whats going on atm. Will try and find out...as for the cars...same deal, I'll keep an eye on it.
Danisfast

Latest Posts

Back